February 2013 Moms

Trouble drinking enough water

I have always loved drinking water, my drink of choice in most situations.  I have never had trouble drinking enough water.  Until just recently.  If it's ice cold it's easier but for the most part I just feel sick when I drink water and sometimes feel sick just thinking about it (like right now).  It doesn't make me sick enough to make me throw up, just not feel good and not want to drink it.   I have not had to go to the bathroom more since getting pregnant, if anything, I have been going less.  I'm worried about dehydration.  I want to try putting flavor into it and see if that helps but I don't want to add all the sugar or artificial sweetners.  Does anyone have any ideas or know of something that is safe for me to add to my water?  I have been craving and eating a lot of fresh fruit lately (mostly strawberries, watermelon, and blueberries) so that helps a bit but I know it can't be enough.  And I do still drink water just nowhere near enough, probably between 25-50 ozs.
BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Trouble drinking enough water

• khazekhaze member
    Try adding the fruit you're craving to your water.  Fill up a pitcher and add some slices of lemon and strawberries, or blueberries to natually sweeten it up!

Declan 2.21.2013
    Baby Boy #2 EDD 6.22.2015

BabyFruit Ticker

• JBos82JBos82 member
    I've added lemon juice to water and that helped a bit (helped with my morning sickness, as well). I'm not sure what's in it as far as artificial sweetners, but I was using MIO in my water a lot over the past few months. A few squirts made it taste more like juice so I wanted to drink a lot more.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • I've been adding limeade to my water. It does add a little sugar, but I'm okay with that because it means I drink soooo much more than I would without it. I do probably one part limeade to 4 parts water. 
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I am right there with you. I usually LOVE water and guzzle it all day and feel SO good when I drink a lot!! pregnant.........not so much.

I find that drinking it ice cold with a straw and just sipping sipping sipping all day is the only way for me to get it down.......I have to force myself to drink it...dehydration in 1st tri or pregnancy in general is no joke....

keep an eye on your pee (lol) if its darker, strong smelling you need more water for sure! those can be signs of dehydration....you can do it!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I'm glad I'm not the only one with this problem!  I will try all of the things suggested.  I thought about the mio but wasn't sure what was in that.  I'll have to look into that.  And I can't believe that I didn't think about adding lemon juice or fresh fruit!  I'm sure I am dehydrated because my urine (which is usually colorless except first thing in the morning) is now dark yellow all day.
    BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • imagelovin life23:

I am right there with you. I usually LOVE water and guzzle it all day and feel SO good when I drink a lot!! pregnant.........not so much.

I find that drinking it ice cold with a straw and just sipping sipping sipping all day is the only way for me to get it down.......I have to force myself to drink it...dehydration in 1st tri or pregnancy in general is no joke....

keep an eye on your pee (lol) if its darker, strong smelling you need more water for sure! those can be signs of dehydration....you can do it!

This! I don't know why the straw makes it so much easier, but it does. Also, the closer I get to the end of the 1st trimester, the more my love of water is returning. GL!

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBabyFruit Ticker
    image"">
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I definitely agree with the straw suggestion...a straw and a BUNCH of ice are helping me get water down. I also bought some lime juice (RealLime is the brand I think). It's all natural, not sweetened, and a couple of squirts in my water really helps. It tastes like limeade, but not sweet...which is good because sugary drinks make me sick! Good luck!
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Is one time of day better for you than another for drinking water? I know that I can drink water just fine in the morning, but around 1-2pm the nausea sets in and I can barely look at water (much less drink it) for the rest of the day. I have a 32oz water bottle and try to finish it by lunch time. I refill at lunch and try to sip a little bit in the afternoon, but these days its drink in the morning or nothing.
    Married 2/15/09, BFP #1 02/03/12 - EDD 10/13/12, Missed M/C 03/15/12@9w5d (measuring 8w3d) They weren't kidding when they said "Beware the Ides of March" Image and video hosting by TinyPic BFP#2 06/13/12 - Emily Samantha born on Feb 9, 2013!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"