February 2013 Moms

Normal? Or not?

I see a lot of posts on here every day about worries going into ultra-sounds that something may be wrong even though there have been no signs or symptoms anything might be wrong.

I find that I am not quite along that way of thinking.  I have heard people say that whatever happens is beyond my control, so I feel that I have this drilled into my head.  I am almost forcing myself not to worry, as I think "well, whatever happens happens, and I can't change it", which makes me almost....detached, if that is the right word.

Don't get me wrong, I am thrilled about this LO, and it was completely planned.  I just feel like my mind says "don't worry! no point in worrying about anything you can't control!".  I am just enjoying being PG and assuming all will go well... Am i normal? or not?

Anyone else?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Normal? Or not?

• I am really trying hard to be of this mindset. With my stupid new diagnosis of APS, I am trying even harder to just go with the flow. I admire you! 
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic Pregnancy Ticker
  • I totally agree! I have hardly stressed at all about this pregnancy to my surprise. I feel relaxed and confident, but if something does happen, heartbreaking as it will be, it will be beyond my control. I think I am more afraid of creating stress on the fetus by worrying. However I do completely understand the moms who do worry, especially those who have had hard or unsuccesful past pregnancies.
    DH and I married 3/15/12 Baby #1 EDD 02/21/2013 BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • imageLunasMom2012:
    I totally agree! I have hardly stressed at all about this pregnancy to my surprise. I feel relaxed and confident, but if something does happen, heartbreaking as it will be, it will be beyond my control. I think I am more afraid of creating stress on the fetus by worrying. However I do completely understand the moms who do worry, especially those who have had hard or unsuccesful past pregnancies.

yes, exactly! You phrased it a lot better than I did...this is exactly what I was thinking :)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • While I definitely do worry sometimes, I find that I am much less stressed about this pregnancy (post-m/c) than I was with DD (pre-m/c). Maybe I feel deep down that I experienced my fear and lived to tell about it, so if need be I could do it again? I don't know. Don't feel bad for not worrying, though, it doesn't make you a bad mom :-)

BFP1: DD1 born April 2011 at 34w1d via unplanned c/s due to HELLP, DVT 1 week PP
    BFP2: 3/18/12, blighted ovum, natural m/c @ 7w4d
    BFP3: DD2 born Feb 2013 at 38w4d via unplanned RCS due to uterine dehiscence

• I don't waste my time with worrying about anything. Worry fixes nothing and really doesn't make anything better or easier. I have a similar mindset. Nothing I do or don't do will change what is going on with this baby (obviously above just watching what I eat and drink and taking care of myself). Even when I have gone through clots, bleeding etc I just brush off my worry and assume until I'm told otherwise, everything is fine.

You are normal. I think it is more recently that woman worry all the time about things because there are so many tools at our disposal. There weren't even ultrasounds when I was born. Women just assumed everything was fine until the worst thing happened.  

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Totally normal in my opinion. I can understand where you're coming from, and it's true, our bodies are designed to take care of baby and do what's best for them. So it's fine if our brains are detached from it a little. I haven't had a whole lot of symptoms thus far and I'm 10 weeks along and I feel alot like you do. Not stressing too much about things beyond your control is actually good and healthy for baby's development, so I think you're 100% normal and you're doing everything you need to do right now.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageperplexed59:

You are normal. I think it is more recently that woman worry all the time about things because there are so many tools at our disposal. There weren't even ultrasounds when I was born. Women just assumed everything was fine until the worst thing happened.  

Agreed. The uprise of technology leads to more findings, which leads to more stress, and horror stories.....most of it all unnecessary in the end. That's just my opinion though :)

DH and I married 3/15/12 Baby #1 EDD 02/21/2013 BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • I find that I'm not attached to this pregnancy at all. I'm just not allowing myself to go there yet b/c I've had a missed m/c. Like you said, nothing I can control. Not that I'm not excited, b/c I am. It was very much planned. I think I will feel better about it after my next u/s, which isn't for another 12 days.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • imageNicoleN82:

imageLunasMom2012:
    I totally agree! I have hardly stressed at all about this pregnancy to my surprise. I feel relaxed and confident, but if something does happen, heartbreaking as it will be, it will be beyond my control. I think I am more afraid of creating stress on the fetus by worrying. However I do completely understand the moms who do worry, especially those who have had hard or unsuccesful past pregnancies.

yes, exactly! You phrased it a lot better than I did...this is exactly what I was thinking :)

This! I feel the same way. I almost don't like reading all the worrisome posts. I think it helped me to read up on pregnancy before we conceived, so there haven't been any major surprises as far as symptoms go. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"