March 2013 Moms

Diaper Bags

Does anyone else love to drool over diaper bags?  I used to love book bags in high school, and then for the short time between high school and motherhood I started getting into purses.  At this point in time though, I only carry a diaper bag, no purse.  And I almost never go anywhere without at least one kid (usually my youngest), so I don't really need a purse.  I got a new diaper bag while pg with #4, but I'm totally itching to get another one now!  Not sure that I will, but it's fun to look.  Here is the one I have, except I have the pattern in the 4th picture.

Anyone have an awesome diaper bag yet?  Or has anyone been drooling over them?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Diaper Bags

• I wanted to add that this bag is kind of big, but we always have at least one water bottle and snacks for the big kids, plus I like to carry at least 4 cloth diapers (folded up they probably take up the space of two larger sposies), at least 1 extra pair of longies, a pair of socks in the winter, an extra shirt for the baby, a burp rag (that I use to cover up for nursing), and then stuff like teething tablets, q-tips, wallet, etc.  And on Sunday it gets my Bible too and all the craft stuff the kids come home with.
  • Loading the player...
  • I bought this for $60 when Lacoste was having a huge sale earlier this summer.  I love totes, and know that my husband would feel comfortable carrying solid black.  I don't really like cute prints, as I see myself having a diaper bag double as my purse sometimes.

I'll probably get one traditional bag, but this is the one I would really like to use if it works out.

https://www.zappos.com/lacoste-new-classic-shopping-bag-black 

• I scored a Petunia Picklebottom Diaper Bag when I was pregnant with DD. It had never been used and was only $20 on craigslist. Unfortunately, it got so much use it's in pretty bad shape. I might pay for a new one this time.
  • I feel like I'm the only one in the history of time who hates carrying around a diaper bag.

DS1 -6/25/11

DS2 -3/23/13

Missed MC D&C 8/26/14

DD - 8/26/15

LO#4 due 5/30/17

• imageann_jeremiah:
    I feel like I'm the only one in the history of time who hates carrying around a diaper bag.

Me, too. I don't like cutesy baby bags. We do have a simple brown messenger bag that is monogrammed with our family name. DD#1 uses it for daycare. For simple out and about trips DD#1 has a Stephen Joseph cloth backpack. It's small and easy to clean. But with another coming I may have to cave and get a Vera Bradley. Lol. 

Edit: A lot of my aversion to cutesy is DH carrying the bag around, too. ;) 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

BFP #1: 9-20-2010 EDD: 5-25-2011 DD #1 born: 5-23-2011
    BFP #2: 6-14-2012 EDD: 2-15-2013 MC: 6-19-2012 5w5d
    BFP #3: 7-18-2012 EDD: 3-26-2012

• I had a huge Carter's bag for DD when she was first born.  We also have a small black Eddie Bauer bag that is DH's for when he needs to take her out.  Well, before she was potty trained.

I got a Petunia Picklebottom bag somewhat recently which is funny b/c she's been pottying for awhile, so I didn't really need the changing pad or anything.  But I love the sippy pockets and it has a lot of room for toys and snacks without being overly big or bulky.  I think it's a touring tote size.

My love for bags goes deep, so I might wind up getting another one after #2, but I'll try to be happy with what I already have. 

BFP(1) DD1 born 4.17.10 @ 33w5d due to pPROM
    BFP(4) DD2 born 2.14.13 @ 35w5d due to pPROM

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • I found this one on Pinterest and I love it and am going to make it for this LO. 

https://www.makeit-loveit.com/2010/09/2-in-1-bag-stroller-bag-into-messenger.html

ETA: Link update 

• My JJ Cole is the first really nice bag I've ever had.  I always had plain back canvas ones before because I thought about dh carrying it.  But he only carries it when I'm around since he doesn't take the littlest one anywhere without me (no reason to).  When I was drooling over my JJ Cole he told me to get whatever pattern made me happy and that he'd carry it with pride, even if it was hot pink and shiny.  lol  Hot pink and shiny isn't really my style though. 

I got dh an awesome book bag from Target a few years ago for Christmas (you'd be surprised at how much stuff the man takes to work with him sometimes!) that I'm totally jealous of.  I may end up getting one of them.  I have to wait for him to tell me the name of it though, I can't find it on the site.

Oh my gosh, while trying to find dh's bag on Target's site, look at what I found?!?!  Oh man, I am drooling.  If this had an outside water bottle pocket it might have ended up as my Christmas present.

• The best bag ever...I have 2 of them.Petunia Pickle Bottom Boxy Backpack
  • Ful.  They don't have his exact one anymore (what a shame!), but this is the closest.  And his is like a light sky blue.  They hold up so well.  He's a mechanic and is always grubby, but it looks pretty good still.
  • My husband bought me the Coach diaper bag the first time around.  I really love it, but now I want the skip hop bento bag with the cooler in the bottom.  He is totally going to kill me if I buy another diaper bag (it would be my 4th!)
  • i love diaper bags but just cant spend the money on them! With my first i had a the PPB from target. Which was just to small. So i got a Carters bag which fits my needs alot better and its washable! But i think with number two coming. I can talk hubs into an upgrade! I'll need an even bigger one! lol
    Lilypie Maternity tickers Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"