January 2013 Moms

12 weeks and haven't gained a pound.

Re: 12 weeks and haven't gained a pound.

• I wouldn't be too concerned unless your doctor is. As long as you are eating healthy and drinking lots of water your body is probably just doing what it needs to do and it might not need to gain anything yet.
  • Your doctor will give you some if they feel it's a concern.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Idea: unless your doctor is concerned I wouldn't worry about it.

If your doctor is concerned they will give you ideas for gaining weight.

• I've only gained two pounds and that worries me a bit because I'm only supposed to gain about 10-15 (I'm overweight, boo).  I'm worried that I'm gaining too fast!  

But like PP said, if you're dr isn't concerned, you shouldn't be either. 

Happily Mrs. C 
    image  image

image Image and video hosting by TinyPicimage image
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
    start ttc #1 in Jan 2009
    dx PCOS in May 2010, begin metformin
    Two failed clomid cycles (made lining too thin)
    Started acupuncture while saving for IVF in Sept 2011
    Add herbal infusions to the mix in Dec 2011
    Hoping holistic approach works!!!

BFP on April 2012 at 11dpo
    Meepy Man born on Jan 2013 - Hip Hip Hurray!

Ready to start ttc #2 April 2013, but plan to be an extended BF'er
    Back on metformin Aug 2013
    Restart herbal infusions Sept 2013 - currently drinking nettle, oatstraw, and red raspberry leaf
    DS weaned in April 2014
    Taking a break from herbs and just riding the healthy train.  
    Planning medicated cycle end of summer.  FX I get KU before then!!!
  • I started out with an average BMI and I'm still down 4 lbs. from my pre-pregnancy weight. My midwife isn't concerned. 
  • Kie310Kie310 member

16 weeks & I have lost 5lb.

Doctor is okay at this point with it.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • At 12 weeks I was down a pound. I wouldn't worry about it. FWIW, I'm 14 weeks and I've gained 1 1/2 lbs.

BabyFruit Ticker

• I am almost 16 weeks and have not gained either. Focus on eating healthy and drinking water and there is nothing to be worried about.
    Mom to Carter, Kendall, Kiersten and Baby O #4

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I'm almost 13 weeks and I am down almost 20 pounds.  I have had very bad morning (afternoon, evening, etc...) sickness.  My doctor isn't worried.  He said as long as I am taking my vitamins and staying hydrated and eating I am fine.  Baby is actually measuring big, so I know he/she is growing.
  • i wouldnt worry about it unless your dr is. I was 133 at my first prenatal visit (7wks pregnant) and i went  yesterday (16weeks) and im 121lbs. My doc said the baby is more than gaining enough weight, and im getting a quite large bump already (im guessing bc this is my 3rd), but my doc said its prob bc i cut all the junk out of my diet so im loosing weight in places like my butt/arms/thighs, but still putting some on in very obvious places (boobies and bump  lol). 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I'm in the same boat -- in fact, I have lost weight!  My doctor didn't seem too concerned at my 11 week appointment, but did mention that by my next (15 weeks) I should try to gain about 3 pounds.

Like other posters have said, I'm just trying to eat really healthy things, or at the very least, eat what sounds good to my stomach! :-) 

Psalm 139:14 -- "I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made."
  • A lot of people don't gain anything during the first tri or even lose weight.  It's not a problem for the vast majority of people.  Most of the weight gain happens in 2nd or 3rd tri anyway. 

Plus, the goal isn't really to just gain weight, it's to nourish your and your baby's bodies.  Just make sure you're eating when you're hungry and that you're making quality food choices like good protein, healthy fats, and of course fruits and veggies.  As long as you're doing that you'll do just fine and your body will gain weight when it needs to!

imagephoto 64bf363d-3af0-4dcc-b880-c06326daa418_zps78d8d389.jpg
    *My Blog*

photo 0cc607b9-4233-4842-8175-d093f8f92ca8_zps7cc00875.jpg
    10/50 Read

my read shelf:
    Stephanie's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Me neither. I'm eating, so I'm not sweating it.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • cwildtcwildt member
    I haven't gained either, in fact I've lost a bit. But my tummy is measuring bigger and my um is smaller... That suits me pretty well!!
  • Yay for you! No worries!
  • I didn't gain anything until somewhere between 14-15 weeks. I'm currently up about 1.5 pounds so I wouldn't worry if I were you. 
  • I haven't gained any weight either. My doctor hasn't given me a weight goal, but I'm hoping to keep it around 15-20 lbs since I'm a little overweight. I'm certainly OK with not gaining any as of yet. :)
    photo 531db2b9-4d83-4d72-a50b-074d44f8cd51_zps7e3cb247.jpg
  • Me either. Not a problem.
  • Unless your Dr. is concerned, you shouldn't be worried.  I am 14 weeks and up less than a pound, my OB did not even mention it. 
    11/2010 Diagnosed with PCOS 
    10/31/11 M/C at 9 weeks
    1/12/13 DD was born
    4/9/16 DS was born 
    9/17 CP 
    6/23/18 BFP EDD 3/4/19 

• when i went in for my 12 week apt, i actually lost almost 5 pounds. but i was getting sick a lot and really trying to clean up my diet for LO. the dr didnt seem to concerned since it was still the first tri. i think though staying the same weight is kinda normal though. ive heard from a few friends they barly gained any weight till the last trimester.
    AnniversaryBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I've gained about 2, but keep going down to my pre-preg weight and back up every few days. Doc has seen me twice and hasn't said anything about it.
  • Me either I actually have lost 7 so far my MD said it was fine the baby is progressing normally
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"