February 2013 Moms

When do you take your PNV?

I can't seem to find a good time to take it.  I used to take it in the morning, but now I am too queasy in the mornings, so I switched to the evenings.  But then I am queasy when I'm trying to fall asleep, which is really annoying and keeps me awake.  Last night I tried taking it as I was hopping into bed, which was great until I got up to go to the bathroom and hour later and threw up.  DH thinks its because I took it on an empty stomach, but that has never bothered me before...

DH thinks I should take it at dinner, but I'm just worried about it ruining my evening, which is the one time of the day that I actually feel like a normal person. 

Thoughts?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

"You reach deeper until you can find the strength.  That's all life is, one big fight after another."

Angel babies: 9/19/07, 10/08/09, 1/05/11

Re: When do you take your PNV?

• I take mine before bed, however, I am one of the lucky ones that doesn't have MS. I have heard to take half in the morning and half in the afternoon with a small snack or meal seems to help a lot of women that can't seem to keep it down.

Hopefully it lifts soon and you can start to feel normal again.

Image and video hosting by TinyPicimage

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• I take mine in the morning, but only if I have eaten something. I know you said that you can take it on an empty stomach, but you might try it at breakfast or lunch. That way you won't ruin your evening by feeling sick. I took mine at night once and it took me soooooo long to fall asleep.
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBabyFruit Ticker
    image"">
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • I take mine in the morning after breakfast. If I'm nauseas, it's worse at night. Yes, it's a good idea to take the pnv after or with food. 
    TTC 1: Off BCP late October 2011. BFP #1 Jan 2, 2012; EDD September 5, 2012; m/c Jan 12, 2012. BFP #2 June 14, 2012; EDD February 22, 2013.
    BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
    My super all about me birth story:
    Then: Fraternal twins born at 26 weeks in 1983. Me: 640 grams. Brother: 840 grams. Family kept watch in the NICU for 5 months before being allowed to go home. On oxygen for a year and a half after being released.
    Now: Me: PhD student and married. Brother: Lawyer and married.
    Dad's wedding speech: Thank you to all the family who stood watch and prayed for our children's survival. Well now the little scrawny chicken is married. Who would've thought? (Thanks dad for making me laugh and cry at the same time).
    My BFP Chart
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I take mine in the morning.  It's the gummy kind though so it never makes me more sick.  I am waiting until I feel better to add an iron supplement, which is what makes me more sick supposedly.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Mine doesn't make me sick but I take mine just before eating dinner
    photo 9304f105-c1e0-4769-a5f5-66ebac0208e2.jpg
  • I take it in the morning with breakfast, but I haven't had morning sickness....yet!
    BabyFruit Ticker

• I take mine right before bed. Maybe you should eat a cracker or two and then take it before bed. Maybe it will help.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

BabyFruit Ticker}

Lots of love TBBFF lobosabby!! Always rooting for the TTGP girls

My Chart

• My MS/queasiness/etc is worse in the mornings up until the middle of the afternoon.  Since I take a thyroid pill and have to take that first thing in the morning on an empty stomach, I have to wait at least 4 hours until I can take my PNV.

So I take my PNV and DHA pills with dinner.  I figure that way I am eliminating the chance of sickness because I am eating and at least since I feel good at night, if it does in fact make me queasy I can just go lay down.  It has worked for me. 

I will say though that multivitamins have never made me sick when not pregnant, as long as I ate something with them. 

Good luck!

Me: 29, ok
    DH: 31, dx severe MFI..low everything
    IVF with ICSI only option
    First IVF-Oct 2011 ER 10/27/2011 12R, 10M, 8F
    ET 10/30/2011 1 perfect embie
    Beta 11/14/2011-BFFN
    FET #1- Transferred 2 embryos (8 cell and morula)-BFN
    Diagnosed with Hypothyroidism-Synthroid-helped levels after 6 weeks
    FET#2- Transferred 3 embryos (2-6cell, 1-7 cell) Beta: 3/29/12....BFN
    2nd fresh ivf-May 2012
    Changed protocol to add Luveris
    ER 05/27/2012 8R 6M 4F ET 05/30/2012 2embryos 9 cell and 6 cell
    Beta 06/12/12 @13dp3dt - BFP 116
    Second beta 06/18/2012 @ 1579
    1st ultrasound 06/20 saw GS and Yolk sac
    2nd ultrasound 06/29 heartbeat 120 bpm @ 6 weeks 4 days
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I take mine before bed, but I haven't had issues with it making me sick. Taking it with food is supposed to help... maybe you could try taking it at dinner just once and see what happens?
    PCOS with long, irregular cycles
    First round of Clomid in May 2012= BFP #1, DD born January 2013 
    BFP #2 in January 2014, DS born September 2014

View Full Size Image     View Full Size Image   

• I take mine in the middle of breakfast or my midmorning snack (i.e., I eat half of my meal, take my vitamin, then eat the other half).  The couple of times I have taken it on an empty stomach (even at the beginning of a meal), it has made me sick.
  • KD79KD79 member
    I take mine after lunch.  I eat first, then take it.  I take other medicine in the a.m., and I don't want to combine the two (because each one alone has the ability to make me feel icky, let alone combined).  Lunch seems to be a good time for me to take mine.  I rarely feel sick from it.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I take mine with dinner.
  • I take it with dinner also - no problems with sickness
    BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • I take mine right before I climb in bed. I also take a half a unisom before bed which helps me not feel so sick overnight and in the morning. I have to be honest and say that I have skipped like 3 days, not in a row. But because I was so sick I couldn't keep down water. But other than that no problem with them!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I take mine in the evening with dinner. I was taking it in the morni g but I don't think I was eating enough and it would make me sick. It's been working much better with my new system!

• OP what PNV do you take? Maybe it is time to find new ones? PNV can make alot of women sick.

I take half of mine in the morning, and the other half before bed.

DH and I married 3/15/12 Baby #1 EDD 02/21/2013 BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • I take mine before bed, but that's always when I take my vitamins. Definitely taking it on an empty stomach could make it worse. Can you eat some crackers before bed and take it?
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"