Pregnant after IF

2nd Tri Check In- Sorry its late

Hi ladies.  I hope I have everyone's info correct.  If not, please let me know.How are you feeling?  Any exciting news or updates?QOTW: It seems to be hot lots of places around the country this year, how are you dealing with the heat?  Do you have any tips to staying cool or are you lucky that the heat isn't bad where you are?Please let me know if there are any questions you would like to ask in coming weeks.  I'm still looking for suggestions. If you are new to the check-in please reply to post and include your due date and whether you are pregnant with a singleton or multiplesIf you are moving on to 3rd tri please let us know and Congrats :) Name EDD Sex sbrown08 10/17/12      Team Green amaksym05 10/18/12      Boy theworms 10/20/12      Team Green - Twins MAbride0808 10/21/12      Girl Ruthie04 10/23/12      Twin Boys albjag 10/24/12      Team Green jamielynnohio 10/24/12      Girl chiwifey 10/26/12      Boy nancyjane5150 10/27/12      Twins-Boys jillychris 10/29/12      Girl Trish11278 10/30/12      Boy jessican08 10/31/12      Twins- Team Purple pb_bride 10/31/12      Boy hunterjumper102 10/31/12      Boy limpetfan 11/1/12      Boy JodiAriel 11/7/12      Twin Girls Run20K 11/10/12      Girl mizzougal08 11/10/12      Twin Girls psychmusetls 11/15/12      Girl katie599 11/18/12      Twins-Boys IttyBittyBaby 11/19/12   HappyIAm 11/24/12      Boy Faith722 11/25/12      Boy lisaiesha 11/28/12   MrsLouis12 11/29/12      Twins- Boys maby22 12/2/12      Twins BBN2012 12/3/12      Boy tgreenf 12/6/12      Twins dancinaggie 12/6/12   angela2004 12/8/12   srveatch 12/12/12   elizabeth0705 12/14/12      Twins Pnut30 12/17/12   4LegsRBest 12/21/12   LauraBeth1401 12/27/12   bellalou32 12/28/12      Team Green tst1998 12/29/12      Team Green chels38026 1/2/13      Twins laureniskeen 1/3/13   lferr417 1/4/13   Mrs.AmyDylan 1/11/13      Team Green  
Trying To Conceive since November 2009
Dx: PCOS and MFI
IUI#1-4 all BFN
IVF#1 January (4R, 4M, 1F) BFP
Colt was born on 10/27 at 11:50pm. 6lbs and 19 1/4"
Surpise! Baby #2 is on it's way.  EDD 9.18.14

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: 2nd Tri Check In- Sorry its late

• Not much of an update here just chugging along waiting for our next OB appointment at the end of the month.

QOTW:  The heat is hitting me hard!  I find that it completely wipes my energy if I am out in it at all.  It doesn't help that our A/C doesn't want to work properly due to our electric company...someone got a piece of my mind this afternoon.  I try and drink as much water as I can and just staying in the air conditioning as much as possible. 

Trying To Conceive since November 2009
    Dx: PCOS and MFI
    IUI#1-4 all BFN
    IVF#1 January (4R, 4M, 1F) BFP
    Colt was born on 10/27 at 11:50pm. 6lbs and 19 1/4"
    Surpise! Baby #2 is on it's way.  EDD 9.18.14

BabyFruit Ticker
  • thanks for doing the check-in, hunterjumper!

Hope all the 2nd tri ladies are doing well!

How are you feeling? Feeling good except that I can't get comfortable in bed at night. Also, I wake up early in the am due to the early sunrise and seem to have too much energy right now in 2nd tri! 

Any exciting news or updates? Went in for my 24w appt today and everything is going well.  Not exactly exciting, but I'm happy to see that I've kept my weight gain on track so far.

QOTW: It seems to be hot lots of places around the country this year, how are you dealing with the heat?  Do you have any tips to staying cool or are you lucky that the heat isn't bad where you are? I live near Boston so I know it's nowhere as hot as most of the rest of the country, but still, I don't do well in the heat.  We are in the mid-90s today and humid.  Luckily I'm home most days and I just stay out of the heat, except for my exercise walk in the AM.  I make sure I drink A TON of water all day (even when I'm not thirsty) b/c I had really really bad BHs a few weeks ago when I wasn't drinking enough.  That totally freaked me out.
    TTC since 10/2008  RE consult 6/2010 Dx:Unexplaied IF

Failed multiple cycles of Clomid+TI and Clomid+IUI

3/2011 inj+IUI #1 BFP. 4/2011 missed m/c. 

Fall 2011 inj+IUI #2&3 BFN

Jan/Feb 2012 IVF#1 BFP 2/23  EDD 10/31/2012 ~~~ Halloween ~~~

Our IVF miracle, Baby Boy M, arrived on 11/8/2012!
  • Loading the player...
  • How are you feeling?  Feeling OK. Having a rough time sleeping with the hip pain, acid reflux and RLS but other than that, feeling pretty good. Any exciting news or updates? We've (and by "We" I mean DH) started moving furniture around and painting. We're moving our guest room into a smaller room and will be using the old guest room as the nursery since it's a bit larger.
    QOTW: It seems to be hot lots of places around the country this year, how are you dealing with the heat?  Do you have any tips to staying cool or are you lucky that the heat isn't bad where you are?The heat here is baaaaaaaad. I had to get a Rx for an inhaler because the air gets so heavy in the afternoon and makes it tough to breathe. I can hardly stand being outside for more than 2-3 minutes these days so I've been chilling out in the A/C!!!
    TTC 12/2009
    Me: 32 - Stage II Endo / DH: 36 - Low count and morphology (1%)
    IUIs 1-3 BFN, lap Dec. 2010, IUIs 4-6 BFN
    IVF w/ICSI #1 - ER 2/8: 24R 19M 9F ET 2/13 2-5 day blasts (no frosties) = BFP - b/g twins!
    E & C Born 10/19/2012
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • How are you feeling?  Overall, pretty great.  I am still on Zofran off an on, and don't really think I ever got the alleged 2nd tri energy burst.  Otherwise, feeling happy and good. Any exciting news or updates?  We found out last week that we are having a little girl :)  She didn't cooperate too well at our a/s, so I'll be going back in a couple weeks to hopefully finish that up.  We also booked our baby moon for next month to Bermuda, can't wait!QOTW: It seems to be hot lots of places around the country this year, how are you dealing with the heat?  Do you have any tips to staying cool or are you lucky that the heat isn't bad where you are?The heat here is no joke!  The only relief we've had lately has been from some crazy storms the last week and a half.  It has cooled things down, but unfortunately caused lots of severe flooding.  Otherwise, it's a/c or the pool, because it will be dreadfully hot until October. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • How are you feeling? Doing pretty well. We just moved over the weekend; I was so much more tired and useless than I expected. I actually had to lay down and nap each down in the afternoon. Just couldn't handle off of the constant packing and upacking!

Any exciting news or updates? We had a check-up last week. No u/s, but everything they checked looked good. It was a first for us....we've never actually made it 4 weeks between appts; every other time something (usually bleeding/spotting) has come up and I've ended up in an extra appt with my OB, MFM or at triage. It felt good to actually make it the full 4 weeks this time!

It seems to be hot lots of places around the country this year, how are you dealing with the heat?  Do you have any tips to staying cool or are you lucky that the heat isn't bad where you are? Luckily, in my little corner down here, it's still pretty cool. It gets up in the 100's inland some, but I am less than 5 miles from the beach, so "hot" here is 80, and it's been cooler than that recently. I was in AZ for 5 days a couple weeks ago....no cooler than 108 the entire time. Lots and lots of fluids, and then when I thought I'd had enough, I"'d drink some more. Feet elevated as much as possible, and definitely staying in the a/c. I was definitely MUCH, MUCH more swollen there though than I am at home. DH picked me up from the airport and my feet looked like sausages...took a few days to get them back down to normal!

2/11 Diagnosis: DOR-AMH .62, LPD and MFI-4% Morph
    IVF #1-July 2011 7/9/11-Started Stims
    7/20/11-ER:No eggs in 4/5 follicles. Left the 5th follie intact and converted to an IUI
    8/3/11-Beta #1=BFN,
    Nov, 2011 BFP #1=m/c at 7 wks 3 days
    11/11-AMH .47, IVF #2 March 2012...or not!! Surprise BFP on 2/19. Beta #1=161. Beta #2 305 Our little miracle girl is on her way! Due Oct 29, 2012
    <a href="http://s1207.photobucket.com/albums/bb461/andersenspics/?action=view
  • Update: I am doing ok. Definitely feeling better in 2nd tri! We had an ob appt this morning...nothing too exciting. The babies weren't cooperating well with the doppler and kept squirming away.

QOTW: The heat hasn't been bothering me too much. I work indoors all day and the office a/c is permanently set on frigid...I often end up having to use a space heater! A/c is on at home and in the car, so I'm not exposed to the high temps for long.
    After 5 TI Clomid cycles, 5 IUIs, and 2 IVFs we finally got our BFP!
    Beta#1 (12dp3dt)= 353, Beta#2 (15dp3dt)= 1466, Beta#3 (22dp3dt)= 14,139, First u/s: TWINS!!
    After 10 weeks of bedrest, our two little ladies joined us at 28w6d
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • How are you feeling?  Any exciting news or updates?Feeling great! Not quite as hungry all the time, but I need to snack more since I get hangry around 7 if I haven't had dinner (which is most nights). Hangry is my DHs observation of what happens when I am past due on eating (hungry and crabby, which he says is more like angry).  QOTW: It seems to be hot lots of places around the country this year, how are you dealing with the heat?  Do you have any tips to staying cool or are you lucky that the heat isn't bad where you are?I'm in Phoenix and it is hella hot. I'm in the pool a lot. I drink tons of water and stick to the shade and ac whenever possible. I also get up early to walk the pooch so we both don't fry.  
    TTC Since 3/2010
    Me-36, Unexplained Infertility, DH-35, all clear
    Clomid 50mg 12/2011 = BFN
    Clomid 100mg 1/2012 = BFN, with Cyst
    IVF #1 Lupron/Menopur/Gonal-f/HCG Trigger
    ER 4/19/12 = 11 retrieved, 6 fertilized,
    ET 4/22/12 = 2 transfered (day 3), remaining 3 weren't good enough to freeze
    Beta 5/3 = BFP, 87 Beta #2 5/7 560.9 Beta #3 5/9 1376.5 First u/s One Baby, 125bpm!
    Second u/s, 176bmp! Kicked over to the OB by the RE at 8w. Team Green!! 
    Baby girl J arrived two weeks early! Born into water, med-free. Hooray for Team Pink!

TTC #2 - back to the RE, treatment started 12/2014. 

• Hi there! I would like to be added! I am due 1/5/13 with a singleton!

Heard heartbeat yesterday for the first time via a doppler at my doctor's office. It was also DH's birthday so that was really special!

QOTW: It has been a miserably hot summer. Honestly, we have been going to family's houses who have A/C and a pool a lot. I just make sure I stay hydrated. 

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    TTC since March/April 2010
    DX: MFI - less than 1 million sperm, 26% motility
    DH put on anastrozole to increase counts
    June/July 2011 100 mg Clomid + TS IUI#1 & IUI 2 - BFN :-(
    Forced break due to DH getting spinal surgery in August 2011
    IVF - January 2012: BFN
    FET in April 2012 - BFP at 6dp5dt! Beta #1 at 9dp5dt: 82.5, Beta #2 at 12dp5dt: 352 Beta #3 at 19dp5dt: 6000, saw heartbeat and one little bean at 5W6D!
    After nearly 3 years of waiting our LO was born December 18th 2012!
  • maby22maby22 member

I am feeling great and we just found out yesterday that we are having 2 girls!!!!! OMG, i truly did not expect that one but we are over the moon about it.

QOTW: It seems to be hot lots of places around the country this year, how are you dealing with the heat?  Do you have any tips to staying cool or are you lucky that the heat isn't bad where you are?

It has been extremely hot here and I can hardly bare it...I try to stay in doors and drink lots of water...I never thought I'd say this but I can't wait for cooler weather in the fall & winter.

• Doing well but getting tired again. Not as bad as first tri, but it seems 8 hrs of sleep (of course with interruptions to get up and go to the bathroom) isn't enough anymore. The heat's been really tough - no pools in my area to cool off in, and it's stupid hot today and my office AC doesn't seem to be working. Lots of ice water and as few pieces of clothing as possible is all I can do.

I've had some minor acid reflux around the same time late afternoon every day. Almost feels like a gas bubble way up in the top of my throat. One TUMS and I'm good. 

I had a checkup at the OB last week and the little guy sounds fine. Still haven't felt movement so I'm looking forward to that. I have my 20 week u/s this week so I can't wait to see baby again on screen.

TTC since 8/10.Hypothyroidism, put on Synthroid. Clomid 50 mg + IUI Oct '11 = BFN. HSG found blocked tube Nov '11. Lap + Hysteroscopy to remove tube and fix septum Dec '11. Cancelled following cycle due to lack of response to Clomid. Jan/Feb '12 Clomid 100mg + Folllitism + HSG + Vivelle Dot + IUI #2 = BFN. 3/30/12: Natural Cycle BFP - beta 59 @ 12dpo, beta 286 @ 16dpo Baby boy arrived 12/8/12!
  • No real updates here.  I'm starting to feel the babies move more, which is exciting because my placentas are anterior so I have not been feeling too much up until this point.  I am looking forward to Saturday because most of my nursery furniture is being delivered.  I just hope I can get everything ready in time!

QOTW: It seems to be hot lots of places around the country this year, how are you dealing with the heat?  Do you have any tips to staying cool or are you lucky that the heat isn't bad where you are?

It is very hot where I am, but I can't complain because I am spending most of my time at home in the a.c.  I'm a teacher so I'm off for the summer, so during the week if I'm not home I am usually walking my dog or at a doctor's appointment.  I just try to drink lots of water and stay inside most of the time.

• Hi there! I'm new to 2nd Tri. Could you please add me to the list?

EDD: 1/12/13 (singleton)

I'm lucky because I live in San Francisco where we don't get a "real" summer. It usually stays in the 60s and 70s, although if you venture outside the city it can get over 100. I'm from the East Coast originally though and my tips for dealing with the heat are going to the movies or the pool.

5 IUIs to get BFP w/baby #1
    3 IUIs to get BFP w/baby #2
    Lost baby #2 at nearly 12 weeks (D&C on 9/19/14)
  • imageMrs.AmyDylan:

How are you feeling?  Any exciting news or updates?

Feeling great! Not quite as hungry all the time, but I need to snack more since I get hangry around 7 if I haven't had dinner (which is most nights). Hangry is my DHs observation of what happens when I am past due on eating (hungry and crabby, which he says is more like angry).  

QOTW: It seems to be hot lots of places around the country this year, how are you dealing with the heat?  Do you have any tips to staying cool or are you lucky that the heat isn't bad where you are?I'm in Phoenix and it is hella hot. I'm in the pool a lot. I drink tons of water and stick to the shade and ac whenever possible. I also get up early to walk the pooch so we both don't fry.  

OMG, I love the word "hangry." That is hilarious - I'm going to have to steal it. I definitely get hangry these days...don't come between a pregnant woman and her food!

I was in Scottsdale last month on vacation and it is HOT there. I don't know how you are coping with the heat full time - a few days by the pool was perfect for me but I can't imagine going to work and having to run errands in 100 degree plus weather. You are a trooper!

5 IUIs to get BFP w/baby #1
    3 IUIs to get BFP w/baby #2
    Lost baby #2 at nearly 12 weeks (D&C on 9/19/14)
  • We found out we are having twin boys!! I am feeling really good and starting to feel them more each .day! QOTW: It is blazing hot here and we are supposed to have at least three more days in the 100's next week. It has been rough. I go out to water my flowers and that is about it.
  • How are you feeling?I am starting to slow down. Having some pretty bad sciatic pain and my left knee is killing me, I am just thankful I can still get a full nights sleep. Any exciting news or updates? Project nursery is in full gear this weekend. We have most of the furniture which DH will be putting together this weekend I can't wait to see the crib put together in my house! QOTW: It seems to be hot lots of places around the country this year, how are you dealing with the heat? Do you have any tips to staying cool or are you lucky that the heat isn't bad where you are? Oh I don't go outside. I am very thankful to have central air and my office is usually nice and cool. I use to go out for walk at lunch and now I just roam the building to stretch my legs. This will be my last update here :( as I am rounding the base to the 3rd tri! See you ladies there :)

Dx: PCOS, Anovulatory, Amenorrhea 2006
    TTC: Sept 2008
    IVF#1 Cancelled due to breast biopsy.05/01/20

IVF#1.2- 9/2010 - Cancelled Oversurpressed

IVF#2 Microdose Lupron 10/2010 Beta 11/09=BFN
    IVF#3 2/2011 - 2 blasts(2/25) Beta 03/11 =BFN
    IVF#4 Lupron 01/02 =2 blasts, beta's 1-4 198,234,398,3100!!BFP
    FET 3/2014 2 blasts BETA 3/20=BFP TWINS EDD 11/27 TEAM PINK!!!                   

•  How are you feeling?  Pretty good, I think. I'm surprised by how much energy I have at this point! Although, I am really struggling with some of the size issues: swollen feet, leg cramps, achy legs/back, and heartburn. I'm still throwing up, so I finally got some Zofran! Yay! Any exciting news or updates? We had our 26 week ultrasound this week. Fluid levels and cervix look great, but my previa seems to be back (or it never really went away??). Also. Baby B has a mildly prominent bowel, which the MFM said should just fine. They will continue to watch him for any signs of a bowel obstruction, although she doubts it will be a problem. I know I should trust that everything is okay, but I'm still a bit worried!
    QOTW: It seems to be hot lots of places around the country this year, how are you dealing with the heat?  Do you have any tips to staying cool or are you lucky that the heat isn't bad where you are?The heat here is really rough. It just exacerbates my nausea, so I've been throwing up  more lately. We invested in some mega fans, so I'm trying to stay inside as much as possible. 
    TTC in 2009, Dx: Unexplained IF
    Three TI cycles (BFP...miscarriage), five IUI attempts and 2.5 IVF cycles later...BFP!!
    12dp5dt: 765; 15dp5dt: 1979; 17dp5dt: 3379...TWINS!!!!!
    Our perfect baby boys were born at 36w1d!! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"