Babies: 6 - 9 Months

What lovie does your LO use?

Help!  I have been trying to get my DS to use a lovie, but he doesn't seem to have any particular interest in any one item. I think a lovie would help him when he wakes from sleep at night.  What does your LO use as a lovie?  Did your LO choose it naturally or did you have to encourage the use of one?

Re: What lovie does your LO use?

• My DD simply loves blankets. Afghans preferably because she can get her fingers and toes in the holes, but she doesn't have one item that she cuddles the most. I try to encourage a certain blanket and for the most part, I think she is receptive. Best of luck, I am sure you LO and you will find something that fits.
  • Receiving blankets. I have a TON of them and we never really used them. I just kept giving it to him before our bedtime book. Eventually he's gotten to the point where he won't sleep good without one.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • DD uses one of the ones that is like hankie sized with the stuffed head- ours in a very hungry caterpillar one, with the caterpillar head and green hankie thing.  She also uses a blanket on her lower half when I lay her down and she lays on it when she wakes up in the middle of the night.  Flame away, but it is fleece and she LOVES that thing. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • My LO loves her Angel Dear loves. She has a zebra and a lambie. She hasn't been too fond of them in the heat, but typically loves to snuggle up to them.

Her go-to Lovie has become her wubbanub. She just loves that thing (and so do I) :) 

• Honestly, my DD would cuddle anything. Dirty clothes, towels, blankets, whatever. With that, I have two that I use... a Aden and Anais lovey blanket and just a normal soft minky blanket. She loves them.
  • Thanks, everyone!
  • I am confused... Is a lovie a good thing or just a pain for later if your can't find it or forget it somewhere??

Baby #1: m/c at 5 weeks (2011)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
    Baby #3: missed m/c found at 11.5 weeks (2013)
    Baby #4: missed m/c at 10 weeks (2013)
    Baby #5: m/c at 6 weeks (2014)
    Baby #6: Saw a heartbeat at 7w, baby stopped growing at 7w1d, found at 8w u/s : d&c  (2014)

Hoping for my lucky #7 (one last try!)
  • imagecaromartin:
    I am confused... Is a lovie a good thing or just a pain for later if your can't find it or forget it somewhere??

The reason I didn't want DS to have a lovie...BUT he has now adopted his burp cloths because I ALWAYS have one on my shoulder...he LOVES it! Now goes to sleep with one by his face, he holds it, rubs his fingers on it and rubs his eyes with it.... its SO CUTE! On the plus side, we have tons of them and always in stock in the stores....Down side, it's just a white diaper cloth..LOL! 

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imagecaromartin:
    I am confused... Is a lovie a good thing or just a pain for later if your can't find it or forget it somewhere??

A little bit of both. My best advice is to have at least two of the same loveys in case one gets lost or ruined. My 4 y.o.'s very best friend in the whole world is his dalmation lovey. It's another member of our family. We've had some scares along the way, though... like the time he left it in a cab. A dozen phone calls and a $50 reward later, Lovey miraculously reappeared at our front door. The smile on DS's face the next morning was well worth it :)

• Rsoc23Rsoc23 member
    a little sock monkey. the arms, legs, and tail are perfect for little grasping hands. DS LOVES holding on to things. he does not sleep well without Sammy. 
  • Rsoc23Rsoc23 member
    oh, and we bought a back-up just in case
  • We alternate between her sea horse, a piglet lovey, and a few taggie blankets. She's happy if she has at least one of them, although lately she prefers one in each fist.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagekerischrader:

imagecaromartin:

The reason I didn't want DS to have a lovie...BUT he has now adopted his burp cloths because I ALWAYS have one on my shoulder...he LOVES it! Now goes to sleep with one by his face, he holds it, rubs his fingers on it and rubs his eyes with it.... its SO CUTE! On the plus side, we have tons of them and always in stock in the stores....Down side, it's just a white diaper cloth..LOL! 

DS2 uses a white burp cloth, too. Probably for the same reason, I always have one! I'm totally okay with it. DS1 has a "silky" I had my sister's grandmother-in-law make for him with a cute blue star print on one side and blue silk on the other. However, they are one of a kind and I ended up spending about $40 on more fabric ( it's not exactly the same but he is okay with it) because they have been lost along the way.

I'll take the white cloth diaper any day now. Lesson learned. Smile 

• I tried using one of the ones with the animal head attached until DS woke up screaming bc it covered his face and he panicked and couldn't figure out how to remove it. We now have Aden and anaise security blankets. they're breathable and are just a small version of the blankets. They also have a satin border that DS likes. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"