March 2013 Moms

anyone else constipated?

I feel like I have to go #2 constantly, but can't.  :(

I'm drinking a ton of water, and trying to eat more fiber to no avail.

Anyone else?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: anyone else constipated?

• Sometimes. The rest of the time I have the other problem, I'd you know what I mean...
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • You are not alone.  Constipation + Bloating = Unhappy Momma-to-be.  Crying

• Loading the player...
  • Honestly bananas and a cup of coffee (or just 1/2 a cup) have helped me "keep things moving"

Also, as long as you know you are getting enough iron from your diet (beef, leafy greens, most cereals are fortified with iron, beans and lentils, shellfish), consider switching to a prenatal without iron. It is all the iron in prenatals that often causes painful constipation for pregnant women.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Yes! sorry you are having troubles :( i have this horrible bloat that makes my pants SO uncomfortable! it is mostly caused by me being "backed up" ... trying to stay hydrated! 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Yep, it sucks.

BFP 11/09 - DD 7/10 - BFP 8/11 - M/C 9/11 - BFP 6/12 - DD - 2/13

• imageLiteraryFoodie:

Honestly bananas and a cup of coffee (or just 1/2 a cup) have helped me "keep things moving"

Also, as long as you know you are getting enough iron from your diet (beef, leafy greens, most cereals are fortified with iron, beans and lentils, shellfish), consider switching to a prenatal without iron. It is all the iron in prenatals that often causes painful constipation for pregnant women.

ohhh I didn't know about bananas! Will try this. Although it hasn't been too too bad I've noticed that things are sorta slowing down. 

• I was last week and the week before bad. My doctor told me to take stool softners and they helped so much. Now, I have no constipation at all and I only had to take them for like two days and everything is running better.
  • I am the complete opposite. 
  • ElocinElocin member
    Colace!!!
    BFP #2 5/31/12 CP 5w2d 6/4/12 BFP #3 7/9/12 EDD 3/8/13 Another Girl!! Lilypie Pregnancy tickersBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I hear you... I've been wearing dresses or leggings everyday for a week because I'm so uncomfortable... I've been trying water and fiber too, but I know I don't have enough iron in my diet, so I have to keep with the supplements :(
    BabyFruit Ticker Anniversary
  • yes!!

I drink plum savers and take colac3e everyday and it has helped tons.

That was one of my first symptoms!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image Baby #2 due 03/10/2013. My lucky charm!
  • I'm the opposite also 
  • Yes, ugh it's horrible. I had to take progesterone for about 6 months 2 years ago and had the same issue. My doc told me that what I experienced then would be similar to my first trimester, so far she's been right and this was one of the side effects I was hoping to miss out on :(
    Lilypie Maternity tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"