March 2013 Moms

Anyone still breastfeeding or pumping?

My supply has tanked. I've still been pumping twice a day at work for daycare milk and he usually eats off me three times a day. Is anyone else having a similar issue? I think we are going to have to introduce wcm at daycare this week. 

My two boys are getting a surprise May 2015!

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Anyone still breastfeeding or pumping?

• I had a nosedive in supply at 4 weeks that recovered a little. But, DS has been on WCM at daycare for several weeks now. We nurse 2-3 times a day. I haven't pumped during the day for month.
    5.18.11 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker EDD 3.12.13
  • I am breastfeeding, but my DD is almost 2 so I am not concerned about supply and am actually planning on weaning soon. Last summer I got pregnant just after her first birthday and unfortunately had a loss. At that time I was still pumping and noticed a big drop in supply. I was still pumping 3 times a day, but DD was starting to transition to WCM at daycare and I had a big freezer stash. After I lost the baby my supply came back right away so I never had to do anything.

BFP 11/09 - DD 7/10 - BFP 8/11 - M/C 9/11 - BFP 6/12 - DD - 2/13

• Loading the player...
  • What is WCM?

I was just going to post a thread like this today!  I am still bfing.  My 3 1/2 nurses once at night before bed and he'll continue until Sept when he's 3y9m-which is when we wean.  My 18mo is still nursing around the clock, a lot.  She's not super interested in solids, none of my kids have been at this age.  She's a chub though at 25lbs (they all were at this age), so not worried.  My milk is always gone by 16w (though we keep nursing), so I'm working on getting her more interested, though it's not at all successful this week as she's sick.  My supply is down a little, but not much.  Not enough for her to be hungry or anything.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Yep--my 13 month old still nurses 4-6 times a day and through the night, so I'm super concerned about losing my supply as this pregnancy progresses.  I've heard from several people that managed to nurse all the way past supply dips in the second tri and that LO was thrilled with the colostrum that comes in later, so I'm hopeful!  We'll be tandem nursing if all goes well since I want to BF until age 2 minimum if at all possible.  
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

image image image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker

• I stopped a few days after my positive home preg test- We were down to just once a day in the morning, and my daughter is 15 months old.  I have missed it these last few weeks!  My daughter still asks sometimes, by tapping my chest and doing this little lip smacking sound, and it breaks my heart.... 

I am looking forward to nursing this new little one though!

BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Yep I'm still BFing...sorta.
    DS is 18 months and even before getting my bfp, he was showing less and less interest on his own.
    So now, he really only asks for it when he wakes up in the night. It's mostly just comfort nursing & If he even stays latched long enough to letdown, he won't get much anyways.
  • We still BF.  Since I don't pump, I'm not totally sure about my supply.  Some days it seems normal and other days it seems like DD isn't getting anything.  We had planned on weaning at 2 and that is still our plan if she doesn't lose interest sooner.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

My Usborne Books & More site: https://t3702.myubam.com/
    Buy awesome books for your kids, host an online party to earn FREE books, fundraise, or join my selling team!
  • Yes.  I have had to substitute with about 8 ounces of formula a day.  My supply has severely tanked. I only get 2 ounces total when I pump instead of 6.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I still BF, but only twice a day. My supply tanked after out last BFP in March, we loss the pregancny and my supply never recovered. One breast has no supply at all so I BF with only 1 working breast!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • image00jennifer00:

What is WCM?

Whole Cows Milk 

• I just weaned my 18 month old.  If anybody is trying to wean lemon juice and vinegar worked like a charm.  I tried distraction and changing schedules but he is too smart and knows what he wants.  With lemon juice/vinegar he decided on his own that it was yucky (yuh yuh) and we were still able to cuddle have close time in place of nursing without him pulling on my shirt and crying to nurse.  It's officially been 1 week since our last session.  
  • I guess I knew it would tabk; but I didn't really think about what that would mean. It's making me really sad. At least I can blame it on pregnancy hormones.

My two boys are getting a surprise May 2015!

BabyFruit Ticker

• Yup!  Only pumped 2 1/2 ounces total today at work.  DD, who is 18 months, has been asking for "more" while nursing for the last few days.  Originally I thought it was because she was teething and wanted to nurse more, but after my BFP last night I'm worried that my supply has tanked.  We aren't doing WCM so I really want her to have a sippy of milk when I am at work (4 days a week), but I'm not sure that I'm going to be able to keep that up.  Sigh . . .  I guess I need to investigate milk substitutes.  Anyone have any good suggestions?  
  • I feel your pain.  LO is 13 months and still not interested in more than a few sips a day from a straw or sippy no matter what's in it.  We've tried BM, WCM, almond milk, coconut, and lots of mixtures of those.  :/
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

image image image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker

• ebp913ebp913 member
    I'm still doing both.  I pump at work 2-3 times and nurse at home 3 times.  I have had to start adding some formula because my supply seems very low at night and sometimes I don't pump enough to cover daycare.  I am just hoping I can make it to a year with at least some breastmilk everyday.  I may continue beyond that but we'll see.  I don't think I am going to tandem nurse but I am open minded.  
    image   image
    We were 2 under 2, now 3 under 3!
    Team Green turned Team Pink with #1, Team Green turned Team Blue with #2, Team Green turned Team Pink again with #3
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"