July 2012 Moms

Stop Telling Me When I "Gotta Have The Baby"

Okay, I realize people are just playing around, but if 1 more person tells me what day I should have the baby, for their convenience, I might lose my s***.  It is annoying the crap out of me!  BIL keeps saying "yo, you gotta have the baby before next weekend, otherwise we might have to cut our trip short".  I know he is kidding about cutting vacay short if we have the baby while they are away, but it is still annoying.  He planned a vacay for his family like 3 weeks ago.  Which is great, I love the fact the they are not just sitting around waiting for OUR baby.  Buuuut, if your going to be upset if you are not around when she gets here, well that my friend is a YOU problem, not a ME problem.  And others have been like "oh please don't have her on Friday, I'm soooo busy that day.  Wednesday works much better for me!", and yadda yadda yadda.  Again I know they are just playing, but it is getting very annoying.  Is anyone else getting this from friends and family and want to just punch them in the head?

Re: Stop Telling Me When I "Gotta Have The Baby"

• Kd4Kd4 member
    I've been getting it too. My parent's want me to have her on the 29th, 8 days past my due date and I told both of them the other day that if they value their lives they will stop saying that lol it hasn't bothered me TOO much because its my parents and they are just so excited but they haven't said it much since I told them that. However, my mom keeps telling me that she needs to come on Wednesday or Thursday so she can take off and come for the weekend. I told her I didn't want to wait that long that today or tomorrow would be just fine. And every time I text my best friend she says "Did you have your baby?!" so I told her if she keeps asking that then I'm not going to text her anymore, I'll let her know when I'm going into labor so that's stopped. Maybe you could just nicely say "I know you're just joking but I would appreciate if you stop suggesting when to have her because it's up to her not me, and I'm just as anxious as you are."
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • There are so many birthday's and events for my family in July.  I have had people say "Oh you should have it this day" or "You better not have it this day"  as if any of it is under my control....I love them, but I can understand your frustration.  I am due on the 21st, and if I would have had it my way I would have had my baby a week ago or at least a couple of days ago.  Good luck to you!! Smile
  • Loading the player...
  • I know what you mean.  I feel like I am not allowed to be annoyed by it because it is just them being excited about the baby, but I am running out of patience with the comments.  I realize that baby probably wouldn't have any problems if he was born now, but if he wants to stay in until his due date then he can stay in there.  In another way (and this is completely silly) but I feel like I disappoint everyone every time I call/text and it isn't baby related.  Just let me relax these last few weeks-stop with the pressure!!!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagechristieep:
    I know what you mean.  I feel like I am not allowed to be annoyed by it because it is just them being excited about the baby, but I am running out of patience with the comments....but I feel like I disappoint everyone every time I call/text and it isn't baby related.  Just let me relax these last few weeks-stop with the pressure!!!!

This!  I get about three for four texts a day asking if she is here yet or if I am having contractions.  My family is planning a vacation the second week of August and want us to be there.  So they have been pressuring me to "pop her out already" so we will be able to make it.  The disappointment I feel is almost overwhelming because I want to go on the vacation too...but there is nothing I can do about when my daughter is born.  I walk about 5 miles a day and swim.  I eat tons of pineapple and my husband has been pressuring me to have sex almost every night.  So I'm doing EVERYTHING I can to get her out.  Just wish people would leave me alone so I can relax!!!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Announce that you've started accepting bribes.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Yes, I can totally relate. MIL told me last night that she's off on Thursday so that would be a good day for her. My mom is big into numerology so she's told me what days she thinks would be best. Not to mention everyone at work this morning saying, "Wow, you're still here?!" Yes, I am. Thank you for stating the obvious.

I am okay with him cooking a little longer. He will arrive when he is ready and nothing anyone says or does will change that. :)

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers image image
  • OMG I wanted to smack people who did this to me...it felt like everyone we know has a birthday in July or early June...or had to go on vacation...or just felt like it was fun to tell us when Nate needed to get here. Just one of those things that didn't sit well with me, but I tried my best to smile and laugh along with them ;o)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"