2nd Trimester

People feeling the need to tell me how huge I am

Does anyone else have this problem? It seems like everyday I have someone tell me Im so huge for being 25 weeks or asking me if Im sure Im only having one baby. Its kinda depressing, I dont feel like Ive gained a lot of weight or Im that big!

Re: People feeling the need to tell me how huge I am

• I don't know why people think that's OK.  It's like seeing a pregnant woman makes them lose all common sense!  

People are clueless, I'm sure you look beautiful!

My MIL used to always say to me, "You're getting fat!"  'Uhhh it's not fat it's a baby!"  She hasn't said it to me this time yet, but it's probably coming!

• wawa84wawa84 member
    Yes! Almost everyone makes comments about whether I'm further along than I think or having twins. Only 1 person said that I looked smaller than I should. I think that people should just keep their mouths shut on this matter, but I will take smaller vs bigger. I think people forget that there is a little person growing inside &(big shock here) that person takes up room & causes the stomach to (gasp) protrude outward.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • People who do this should choke on their own tongues.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • imagewawa84:
    Yes! Almost everyone makes comments about whether I'm further along than I think or having twins. Only 1 person said that I looked smaller than I should. I think that people should just keep their mouths shut on this matter, but I will take smaller vs bigger. I think people forget that there is a little person growing inside &(big shock here) that person takes up room & causes the stomach to (gasp) protrude outward.

I know even the 'you look small' thing is not a good thing to say.  When I was pregnant with DD I was always measuring behind.  One week I was measuring 3 weeks behind (I had actually shrunk according to her measurements from the previous two weeks).  Needless to say, I was concerned that I was going to need additional testing, something was wrong, etc.  That same week this woman asked how far along I was and said, "You look so tiny!"  I'm sure she meant it as a compliment, but I was not at a place where I wanted to hear that.  After all was said and done DD ended up being 21 inches long and 7lb15oz.  So it just goes to show you, you never can tell! 

• I actually started telling people I was pregnant around 8 weeks because I was so bloated that people were already suspecting and asking. Once I started telling, even more people said things like, "I thought so!" Now that I am almost 20 weeks, I am huge. I am a petite person and my belly is larger than my friend who is due in 7 weeks. I actually asked my doctor because I was concerned that maybe I had too much amniotic fluid or something else was wrong, and she just said that everyone's torso is different and that you can't compare yourself to other people. She said that the size of my belly could slow down when others are growing or I could just keep on growing. I've gotten several "Are you having more than one?" or "Wow you are the same size as (friend) and you are three month apart!" I don't let it bother me. Everyone has their own reference points for size and as long as my OB says I'm fine then I am good. I went into pregnancy prepared to get odd/rude comments from time-to-time. That's life. Don't let it get you down or waste your energy being annoyed. Some people just don't know appropriate boundaries, don't have a filter, or just blurt things out because they don't know what else to say.
  • YES people have been doing this to me too. I am 17 1/2 weeks and I have only gained 7lbs but mostly in the belly. So many people are feeling the need to come up and tell me about my belly and touch it. I want to just say back off, jeez.. 

I even had a patient at work earlier this week tell me I'm "really filling out"

BabyFruit Ticker AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Image and video hosting by TinyPic          

J14 May Siggy Challenge

**Colleen Donaghy**

• My doc copped a major attitude when I told her that people tell me that I'm too big for 26 weeks. She said: "Most people have never seen a naked pregnant woman and most people have never seen a fully pregnant woman AND every pregnant woman is different. Unless I tell you that you're too big or too small or too malnurished - then ignore those people. You're measuring right on target, so you can certainly tell them that your MD, who graduated from Harvard, who sees thousands of pregnant women, who delivers hundreds and hundreds of babies, can say with 100% assurance that you are due in October, that there is one baby and that you are measuring perfectly fine."

You are free to borrow my script. ;)

But really, people need to be quiet. Le Sigh.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I get all the time especially from my husbands side of the family. Oh and my favorite is, "Are you sure there is only one baby?" I think my doctor and I would know if there were more than one. My husband tries to be nice and tell me I look beautiful and not to take it so personal but sometimes its hard.

• Yep, I heard that throughout my pregnancy with DS.  Even better was when I finally started feeling like I genuinely looked "cute and preggo"  around 26 or so weeks, my MIL said "You are not really growing outward, just getting wider."  I bawled the whole way home.  I told DH I will not tolerate comments like that this go round.  This time I am going to wave my bi-otch and preggo flags at the same time :)

image pregnancy calendar Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageachristen0711:
    Does anyone else have this problem? It seems like everyday I have someone tell me I'm so huge for being 25 weeks or asking me if I'm sure I'm only having one baby. Its kinda depressing, I don't feel like Ive gained a lot of weight or I'm that big!

Oh yeah!! Everyone has an opinion and thinks its totally acceptable to ask if you are having twins or compare your weight gain, etc.

I even had one lady talk about her birth plan when I was just trying to relax and get a pedicure. I think I am going to be straight up with people going forward. 

• I think I would start busting out the really ridiculous comments to make THEM uncomfortable.  (That's what I'm best at lol.)  

Next time someone tells you how big you are respond with something along the lines of "yeah I know-I'm scheduled for a gastric bypass surgery next week.....fingers crossed I can drop some of this HEINOUS weight!"   

Almost guaranteed it will leave them speechless and you can walk away with a smile.  :)  

• Yes. I got told 3 times yesterday that I was "really poking out there"... I hate unnecessary comments like that.
    Started TTC in February 2010
    BFP #1
      3.23.11 :: Natural M/C on 5.21.11 @ 12wk4d
    BFP #2  2.17.12 :: EDD 10.28.12 :: Ava was born 11.2.12

BFP #3  1.31.14 :: Natural M/C on 3.10.14 @ 9wk2d

BFP #4  4.29.14 :: Natural M/C on 5.5.14 @ ?

New Beginnings: Our Journey into Parenthood (Blog)

imageimage

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• I hate that people think they can say or ask whatever they want just because you're pregnant!  I feel like you're not allowed to have any privacy anymore.  My husband was on the phone with his mom the other night; after they were done he says to me, "I hope you don't mind, but my mom asked how much weight you gained, so I told her"  I asked him why she cares and he says that "people were asking her".  I have no issues with my weight gain, but serioulsy come on now!  Do they want to know my new bra size as well!, or what my nipples look like!?  It's almost like people are just waiting for your pregnancy to destroy you, so they can go and gossip or something. Get a life people!
  • I completely understand where you are coming from. I have had to tell people from week 12 on that I was pregnant because of the way I looked. People say to me wow I cannot believe that you are only having one and you are only 27 weeks. I had one client say to me wow you are big but at least its not everywhere and your face isnt fat yet. I am 5'4 and no I am not super skinny but I never had a tummy or anything that would make me look any bigger. Yes I am having one baby, yes it is going to be a large baby. Its even bad when you go in for your doctors appt and one of the newer nurse saysoh you are here for your final 2 weeks of appts...I looked ather and said ummm no I am only 27 weeks and she said omg, I am so sorry, I just thought because you look umm bigger that you were due soon. So my soon to be born son is going to be large, trust me I feel him beat me up everyday!
    BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"