Babies: 0 - 3 Months

2nd time mom, had my baby on the 6th! Section question.

Hello! Not new to the bump but new to this board, for a second time! I had my second son on July 6th, scheduled c-section.

Some of my steri strips came off last night and I am semi freaking out! What instructions were you given on these? On top of that, everything looks pretty good but in one spot there is this very small opening. My husband says not to worry because it isn't infected or bleeding but I would think everything should be COMPLETELY closed right?! How did yours look one week after? I know this is my second but last time the strips stayed on longer so it was longer I didn't get to look at it.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: 2nd time mom, had my baby on the 6th! Section question.

• A few of my steri strips started to come off after 1 week but my dr. wanted as many of them on as possible until 2 weeks pp. 

Your incision should be closed, dry and not too puffy. If it starts to get inflamed and leak that is a sign of possible infection. It might have opened because you are doing to much.

I would let your dr. know if there is a small opening and then stay off of your feet. It's very important to not over do things and let your body heal.   

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • sam19sam19 member
    I wouldn't worry about the steri strips. Not sure about the little opening though. Maybe worth a call to your doctor.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker NATALIE - 9/13/09 HANNAH - 6/8/12
  • Loading the player...
  • My strips stayed on about two weeks but OB said when they fall off, they fall off. He also said the spot that the knot in the stitches were would take longer to heal simply bc there was more stitch to dissolve. That spot oozed for 5 or 6 weeks. As long as it doesn't get infected or isn't blatantly bleeding, it should be fine. OB said just let soapy water flow over the incision and not to scrub the incision. After 4 weeks I was able to gently soap up the area without much discomfort. He stated the importance of keeping the incision dry: using a hair dryer on cool setting after a shower and using a mini pad or gauze to help wick moisture away throughout the day. He also had me lightly dust the area with lotramin foot powder after a shower to prevent a yeast infection at the incision. Good luck with your healing.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • k4slr6k4slr6 member

imageMelissaMiso:
    My strips stayed on about two weeks but OB said when they fall off, they fall off. He also said the spot that the knot in the stitches were would take longer to heal simply bc there was more stitch to dissolve. That spot oozed for 5 or 6 weeks. As long as it doesn't get infected or isn't blatantly bleeding, it should be fine. OB said just let soapy water flow over the incision and not to scrub the incision. After 4 weeks I was able to gently soap up the area without much discomfort. He stated the importance of keeping the incision dry: using a hair dryer on cool setting after a shower and using a mini pad or gauze to help wick moisture away throughout the day. He also had me lightly dust the area with lotramin foot powder after a shower to prevent a yeast infection at the incision. Good luck with your healing.

This.  I would call your Dr if you are seeing an open spot b/c mine was covered with strips that was oozing.  Just to be on the safe side. 

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    My /Chart; BFP 3/8/11 CP 3/16/11; 7/11 HSG & S/A both clear;
    Cycle 12~ 50 mg Clomid=BFP 9/9/11, Beta #1=280 & Beta #2=1513, 6w3d hb=122 bpm/ 8w2d hb=186 bpm/12w2d could not hear hb had a 3rd u/s and got to see the hb. 16w2d heard the hb! 156 bpm. A/S 1/3=girl
    <a href="http://www.thenest.com/?utm_source=ticker&utm_medium=HTML&utm_campaign=tickers" title="Home D
  • My strips pretty much came off a few days after my doctor put them on. My incision had a place where it wasnt healing very well and my doctor told me to put hydrogen peroxide on it after I shower. I would lie down and put it on my incision and let it just air out for about 10-15 minutes. It looked really good after a few days. 
  • Hey Momma,

I had a section too and I'm a nurse so here's what I'll tell you.  You basically just went through major surgery.  Like all abdominal surgeries, they take time to heal.  Steri strips can start coming off as early as 1 week after surgery, the important thing to remember is to NOT take them off until they fall off themselves.  However, mine stayed on for almost a month which was too long.  I took the last 4 off at a month.  I had a little "open" spot too, but as long as you keep it clean and dry you shouldn't have any trouble.  No baths, and just let hot soapy water run over it in the shower then pat dry.  If it worries you, you can put a band-aid over it.  Keep an eye out for greenish or yellowish drainage, drainage that smells funny or gets red or painful.  It took almost 3 weeks for me to be "completely" healed.  Hope this helped! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"