February 2013 Moms
Options

Mean aunt

Hi everyone.  I need some non biased advice here.  My aunt in MI feels the need to tell me or my mom everything we talk that I should want triplet boys (mind you this is my first pregnancy).  She fails to realize that I am 2000 miles away from any friends or family and when I or my mom tell her absolutely not - I wouldn't wish that on anyone for their first with no one around to help me - she continues to bring it up.  She says that having three children is the only acceptable size for a family and I should have as many grandchildren for my mom as possible.  It's hard enough that I can't get to share this with friends and family as it is and it really hurts my feelings that she seems to think those kind or remarks are funny.  What do I do here?  I try to be as nice about it as I can but it just doesn't stop.
To my little one - may God hold you in his arms until we are able to hold you in ours.

Re: Mean aunt

• Options
    tell her that she should have the triplets if she wants them so bad... shesshh
    pregnancy BabyFruit Ticker Anniversary IAmPregnant Ticker
  • Options
    Suz+MoSuz+Mo member

Remind her that you have absolutely no control over the number of children you are carrying.  So if she wants to "hope" for that, then that's her business!  But you hope for whatever you want!  I would either stop talking to that Aunt or bring up other conversations that you think she will like to talk about (oooo, i saw a great idea for a nursery on pinterest!  Or...I'm trying to decide what kind of car seat to buy. Or we're having fun dreaming up baby names! what are some of your favorites these days? I can't wait to see you again....maybe I'll have a bump)  Anything to distract her from that topic! Or you could even make a joke about it "Wow, you're going to feel prettttty awkward when it's only one baby! I'd stop saying that if I were you"  kind of to jokingly tell her to shut it!

P.S.  I find that to be the strangest thing ever to say to you and your mom! Why three?  Why not twins? Why not quads? Seems kinda random!

P.P.S.  I would tell one or two of your closest friends so you can have someone in your life who is fun to talk to about the pregnancy!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    She needs her head examined. Who says something like that and why would she think 3. Random
    imagetotes-your call/
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    imageannmengland:
    tell her that she should have the triplets if she wants them so bad... shesshh
    This!!
    BabyFetus Ticker
    Home in the bush.
  • Options
    Yup, add me to the "this" camp. Good grief.
  • Options
    Crazy people will always find inappropriate things to say, no matter what you do or say. My advice.... just stay away, no reason not to limit contact for a little while so that she doesm't make you feel so crappy. Why do you have to put up with that? :) GL!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"