November 2012 Moms

Wednesday Workout Update

What did you do last week?  Did you meet your goals/expectations?

What are you doing this week?

Anything to report from your workouts?  (Breakthroughs, new symptoms, new interests?)

Re: Wednesday Workout Update

• Last week:  Ran 25 miles, lifted twice.  Ended up with renewed morning sickness at the end of the week, so took the last three days off from working out.

This week:  So far, I've run 15 miles.  Planning on another fifteen by Saturday afternoon.  I haven't lifted at all... hopefully I'll get a leg day in tomorrow, and an upper-body workout on Friday morning before we head to the coast for the weekend!

New stuff... Running is getting harder.  I've been having to take walking breaks because of the pressure on my other organs.  Also, my hips are hurting again...

• I really need to get back into my routine... I was considered high risk my first trimester & told to do no exercising... Now that I am in my second trimester I am allowed to but have to keep my heart rate under 110!!! egh its so frustrating b/c everytime I jog I have to keep track of my HR. Idk what else I can do?! I was doing Zumba before I got pregnant but I'm assuming that my HR is going to be a factor in that too....
  • Loading the player...
  • imagedans1girl:
    I really need to get back into my routine... I was considered high risk my first trimester & told to do no exercising... Now that I am in my second trimester I am allowed to but have to keep my heart rate under 110!!! egh its so frustrating b/c everytime I jog I have to keep track of my HR. Idk what else I can do?! I was doing Zumba before I got pregnant but I'm assuming that my HR is going to be a factor in that too....

Walking, yoga, light weights... maybe even swimming (wear a heartrate monitor to be safe).  Frustrating!

• Last week: Not much, it was just too hot to be in an outside gym. I did make it once and worked but still took it a little easy.

This week: I plan on making it 3 times. I went Monday and Tuesday- good times, weights with some cardio. Today I took off because it is a heavy weight day and I spotted a bit lastnight and this morning due to sex.

My belly is starting to get in the way :) I have to change my deadlift grip a little wider, my cleans cant come up straight on my body... fun times.

I really feel great this week.

BFP #1- 11/7/10 ~EDD 7/20/11 ~M/C (bo) 12/6/10 @ 8wks ~Missing my Little Firework

BFP #2- 9/11/11 ~EDD 5/25/12 ~M/C (mmc10w)11/4/11 @ 11wks ~Missing my May Flower

BFP #3- 02/21/12 ~EDD 11/1/12  Audrey Lee Born 11/4/2012

BFP #4 ~EDD 6/20/14 stick baby stick!

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• What did you do last week?  Did you meet your goals/expectations? Did my pilates, got in a few good walks.  Did not get on the rowing machine like I'd hoped to.

What are you doing this week? Same, but want to actually get on the erg like I intend to.  My arms were looking a little flabby in some pictures taken last weekend, so I might spend some time focusing on them.

Anything to report from your workouts?  (Breakthroughs, new symptoms, new interests?)  It is so weird to feel how different/weak/sore my core muscles are.  Things are definitely changing!! 

I'm also feeling like walking is actually an effort, especially with the heat.  I got a bonus when I found out the loop around the park that I use for my walks is much further than I thought, so I've actually been doing about 3mi on my walks when I thought I was getting maybe a mile and a half in.  I'm going to shoot for a 5mi walk this weekend.

Oh, and stretching my hamstrings feels ah-mazing now for some reason, I think just my daily movements are putting some new strains on things. 

"A new baby is like the beginning of all things--wonder, hope, a dream of possibilities."

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• We have an ingroung pool and I didnt even think of that! lol whoops!!  It actually hurts to stretch so maybe yoga can help out with that too! thank you Big Smile

• Last week:  Ran 3x for 25-30min each time.  I didn't meet my expectations because I had intense BH throughout the day on 2 different days, so I didn't work out those days.

This week:  Back to running 4x 25-30min.  I have done this 2ce so far and walked "briskly" for 30min on another day.  I also hauled my 2 boys around the zoo by myself this afternoon, and feel like I should get some sort of medal.

New:  Increasing pressure on my pelvic organs.  More discomfort.  I did get a workout band and that seems to be helping a bit, but not as much as I was hoping.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Walk a half hour every day and always do something active on the weekends. I stopped going to the gym when I got pregnant. To worried, but thats just me. But, If i wasnt trying to go hard at the gym all the time, I might have still been going. My doctor said walking and swiming where great. I just don't have a pool, and the gym wants more money from me to use theres. Im good.
  • What did you do last week?  Did you meet your goals/expectations? I walked 6 days, 3 miles each day with weights at a decent pace. Working toward cutting my time down and picking up my pace. Hoping to get to a light jog before the third tri begins. 2 days of swimming - 20 min each day

What are you doing this week? Not much. Got a call to do some test proctoring so I took the opportunity make some extra $. Hopefully tomorrow, I can get into the pool or do some cycling and workout Sat and Sun to make up

Anything to report from your workouts?  (Breakthroughs, new symptoms, new interests?)Nothing really, trying to stay steady and not get flabby. Trying to find a yoga class that isn't insanely expensive!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"