3rd Trimester

"Are you having twins?"

This line, coupled with the shocked face of a slightly older woman who's on a volunteer committee with me was pretty much the last straw last night. Yes, I'm big but I'm not THAT big, people. September is two months away, which isn't that far, so everyone STFU. I told her she must be related to my grandmother who also feels the need to ask me that every time she sees me. She just got this semi-confused look that I said anything and said, "No, I don't think so." What I felt like saying was, "I'm pregnant. What's your excuse for being fat?"

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: "Are you having twins?"

• I get this all the time. I have tiny 8yr old ankles and wrists always have all my weight collects in my tummy so I always look pregnant even when I'm not. I to get tired of hearing omg you haven't poped yet? your not having twins are you sure? shes gonna be over 10lbs! you must be miserable!   No not miserable just tired of hearing all this crap and yes im ready to pop the baby just won't cooperate lol 

image baby Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I have heard this since 5 months, not kidding. Every single nasty, negative comment.. and they were mostly by patients in our clinic who I see multiple times a week.. over and over and over again..

Now, I am just getting the "OMG you are STILL HERE!!!!!" I just said to someone "Yep, I had her this weekend and she's in the kitchen sleeping.".. no, I'm not here.. it's a figment of your imagination.. YES I AM STILL HERE.. thanks for the reminder!

Gr! Filters people.. FILTERS!~

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I had one of my customers ask me the other day when I came back from maternity leave. I told her that I haven't gone yet and baby isn't due till Sept, she looked at me confused and said of I thought you were due months ago and hadn't lost the weight yet. I just stare at her while she's laughing and walking away. I was in shock who has the balls to say sh*t like that, I mean come on.
  • imagedette7820:

I have heard this since 5 months, not kidding. Every single nasty, negative comment.. and they were mostly by patients in our clinic who I see multiple times a week.. over and over and over again..

Now, I am just getting the "OMG you are STILL HERE!!!!!" I just said to someone "Yep, I had her this weekend and she's in the kitchen sleeping.".. no, I'm not here.. it's a figment of your imagination.. YES I AM STILL HERE.. thanks for the reminder!

Yep, it started right before 5 months for me. My grandmother was the first to insist I must have been wrong about the u/s only showing one baby. Seriously, sometimes people just suck.

• Oh you are not alone. I've been getting that for the longest time in this pregnancy. It doesn't bother me though. I mean I actually had twins in my first pregnancy, so I know what BIG is - so I just kind of look at them like "you have no idea what a twin pregnancy really looks like." My DH suggested I carry a picture of myself from the twin pregnancy to whip out when people make comments about my belly size in this time around. My OB says my uterus is right on target for my week and baby should be average. It's just that my belly retained it's memory from the last pregnancy and ballooned out quicker and bigger. But I'm still no where near as big as last time. I do find it amazing how freely people comment on pregnant women in general (whether strangers or more familial). There's no line they won't cross.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • imagemelody921:
    imagedette7820:

I have heard this since 5 months, not kidding. Every single nasty, negative comment.. and they were mostly by patients in our clinic who I see multiple times a week.. over and over and over again..

Yep, it started right before 5 months for me. My grandmother was the first to insist I must have been wrong about the u/s only showing one baby. Seriously, sometimes people just suck.

My own mother asked me several times if I was sure the date was right.. "Well mom, we did the deed ONE TIME around my ovulation date.. and NO time near it otherwise..yep, think I know the date is correct."

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • This just happened to me- I'm with my boss at the store and this woman shopping stops and says to her friend "Isn't is funny how she only got fat around the middle!" comes over to me starts rubbing my belly like its a genie lamp and says it again! I was again shocked enough to have no response while my boss looks at her and says "Are you f*cking kidding me lady she's pregnant obviously and why would you call a pregnant woman fat!?" The woman goes "Sorry didn't mean to offend" and walks away.

We stood there and I said "Well we're probably getting Corp. called on us for that one Jen" LOL People are idiots! LOL  

• imageJandKHall:

This just happened to me- I'm with my boss at the store and this woman shopping stops and says to her friend "Isn't is funny how she only got fat around the middle!" comes over to me starts rubbing my belly like its a genie lamp and says it again! I was again shocked enough to have no response while my boss looks at her and says "Are you f*cking kidding me lady she's pregnant obviously and why would you call a pregnant woman fat!?" The woman goes "Sorry didn't mean to offend" and walks away.

We stood there and I said "Well we're probably getting Corp. called on us for that one Jen" LOL People are idiots! LOL  

OMG, didn't mean to offend? What a moron.

• erjarverjarv member

I had a (recently hired) coworker today find out that I was due in 6 weeks, and she showed very obvious shock with her face and said "Oh wow. My sister in law didn't get NEARLY as big as you, and she had twins!!"

Thanks a lot, miss. You're not making me sad that I'm going on leave soon and won't get to know you. 

photo be95277b-fa62-41de-9ba4-be458fb2faa1.jpg
  • I've been rather lucky in the size department but that really hasn't stop people saying things like this. I think some people just use the pregnancy thing as a excuse to be intentionality cruel. 
    One of my mum's friends came up to me at my mum's birthday party and rubbed her hands all over my belly saying "Your so huge, you must be due any day now" Saddest part was earlier I had a very nice gentleman tell me I looked "Blooming Marvelous" and barely looked pregnant at all, I was in a great mood after that as well. 

I also had one little old man tell me to move off the seat on the bus as he wanted to sit down and being fat was not excuse to be sitting in the disabled section. I looked at him open mouthed and managed to say "But i'm pregnant" He just sniffed at me like I was a some sorta tramp. I was very upset. 

So people are just rude and use it as excuse to be more rude. :/
    BabyName Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • My admin told me I was "the biggest she had ever seen someone who wasn't having twins"...multiple times
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Photobucket
  • wouldn't it have been great to be able to say as she's walking away " isn't it funny how she's only fat right there on her ass?"

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I can't remember if anyone asked if I was having twins when pregnant with my son, but I distinctly remember going to watch a cross country meet at my old high school where I used to be as some ppl called me " a  track star." Well, my old coaches mother was talking to me, then after I reminded her of my name, she goes " oh, my, well you've gained quite a bit of weight haven't you?" I was like "um, I'm 8 months pregnant."  I mean, yes I was a twig back then, and yes I had gained probably 50 lbs in my pregnancy at that point but still...
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I have not been asked about twins, but the Rudest comment ever, "Congratulations, I just heard you were expecting. Now your life will have meaning!' Exactly! I have no idea where these people come from. Or what type of training they have in the manners department, but they Suck at it!
  • Yesterday I got "Are you having your baby on Friday?" I'm 20 weeks.

But it came from an 9-year-old, so I let it slide.

My other girl scouts said that my tummy is too small to have a baby in it, and I look like a teenager and that I don't look married. So all in all, it was kind of an ego boost.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"