September 2012 Moms

Turning an office into a nursery and still use it as a office(ugh)

Well we have moved a huge couch we had in the office and are planning to replace it with a futon and place our crib along the wall away from the window and vents. It is so hard combining the two spaces, but I am sure the finished product will be great!!! Hopefully we will be moved into our house in January so our bundle can have their own room.

Re: Turning an office into a nursery and still use it as a office(ugh)

• My office got moved to the cramped part of the basement.  Not overly happy but it works. The 2nd room upstairs that is now the nursery wouldn't have been big enough for both.  We have realized that we might have to move before having a second child though!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby #2 on its way - EDD June 4th!!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • How often does the office get used? In my house combining the two would mean either the baby is being disturbed or the worker is being disturbed. It gets used far too often to have them combined.

Kid #1 - 09/03/12
    Kid #2 - maybe???
    Diagnosed with Severe Ashermans 
    Hysteroscopy #10 - scar tissue grew back reblocking my right tube
    #11 or IVF with scarring still inside?
    1 lone embryo from September 2016 retreival, dx with Trisomy 16, starting fresh
  • Loading the player...
  • imageFlamingemu:
    How often does the office get used? In my house combining the two would mean either the baby is being disturbed or the worker is being disturbed. It gets used far too often to have them combined.

Ditto. We couldn't leave our 3rd BR as the office. We're converting it to nursery for DD#2 and moved the desk from office into our bedroom (and had to find new homes for all the other stuff that was in there). 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Currently our nursery is being split into the office as well, as we only have 2 bedrooms and there's literally no where else to put everything. 

Thankfully, our 'office' is more like H's self-proclaimed man-cave, so it's just where he hangs out.

We're moving in November to a 3br place, so I'm anxious to get THAT nursery decorated. :) 

Vroom, vroom.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Planning Bio | Married Bio | Blog

• We were going to do that too but I talked DH into moving the office into our bedroom instead.  Some creativity and a little help from Ikea and it looks great!
  • coko98coko98 member
    Do you have any pictures of what you guys did to combine the two?
  • Just wanted to chime in and say we have a combined office/nursery for now too. Our house used to be a 3bdrm but for whatever reason the prior owners knocked down a wall and made two rooms one larger rectangular room. One side is the "office" with the desk and computers and the other side is the "nursery" with everything baby. I hope when we are finished assembling furniture and everything it will look okay, but I'm glad to see others are dealing with this too.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"