Babies: 0 - 3 Months

Bleeding after delivery - how long?

I'm 11 days post partum and still bleeding red. It's not gushing or anything like it was in the first few days after delivery but it's still like I'm having my period. From what I've read online it should be brownish or yellowish-white in color by this point. I did have a rough labor and delivery and lost a lot of blood (needed a transfusion and am still taking iron for anemia) so I'm not sure if that has something to do with it. How long did you bleed after delivery? I'm thinking I'll call my doctor Monday just to ask about this.
Mr. & Mrs. UMich! July 2006! :-)
DX: High FSH/DOR
It took 44 cycles, just over 3 years, 6 failed IUI's in MI, and 1 round of IVF at CCRM to get our BFP!

Beta #1 (9dp5dt) = 206, Beta #2 (11dp5dt) = 438
1st u/s @ 6w5d = 11/11/11 = ONE little bean! HB 120bpm!
?Our Baby Boy Born June 26th, 2012?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Bleeding after delivery - how long?

• I still have discharge and I bleed when overdoing it. At 11 days pp I was still bleeding and using the big pafs. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • :::waves hi!!!:::

i'm 4 weeks pp today, and i'm still sort of bleeding, i bled very heavily for the first few weeks, like a period, and i'd still get some clots, at this point, i'm not getting clots, but still red blood, but it's lightening, so i'm hoping it means i'll be stopping in the next week or so....i just hate wearing a pad this long LOL i've heard people bleeding 6-8 weeks pp, and i went for an incision check at 2 weeks pp, and ob said it was normal.

GL, and hope you're feeling well!!!

**~*Noelle*~**
    Happily Wed DH in May 2010
    June 2012: DD#1 born after countless fertility cycles, our 4 year old miracle 
    TTC #2: current cycle: 225iu Menopur for 4 weeks, Ovidrel Trigger= BFP! Beta #1; 333, Beta #2 713! 1st u/s showed TWINS (7/18)
    BabyFruit Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • eav2ceav2c member
    Up until 4 weeks PP I was having on-off heavy red bleeding. 
  • I'm 4 weeks pp & I think my bleeding mostly stopped about a week ago. 
  • I'm 4 weeks PP today and just stopped bleeding as of about 2 days ago.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker small
  • Whew! I feel better now. Maybe I'm getting close to the end then.
  • *Lurking*

I bled for about 6 weeks pp Sad Hope it doesn't last as long for you.

• I bled off and on and with varying color change for 4-5 weeks PP. 

• Oh wow thanks everyone. Guess I'm more in the norm than I was led to believe! :-)
    Mr. & Mrs. UMich! July 2006! :-)
    DX: High FSH/DOR
    It took 44 cycles, just over 3 years, 6 failed IUI's in MI, and 1 round of IVF at CCRM to get our BFP!

Beta #1 (9dp5dt) = 206, Beta #2 (11dp5dt) = 438
    1st u/s @ 6w5d = 11/11/11 = ONE little bean! HB 120bpm!
    ?Our Baby Boy Born June 26th, 2012?

• I bled red until 4 weeks pp, and then had discharge for another 3 or 4 days until it stopped. I panicked after I read that I should be done bleeding by 4 or 5 days pp, but my OB assured me that most women bleed for much longer than the 4-7 days you read about. He wasn't concerned at all, but told me to watch for cramping followed by gushes or filling more than a pad an hour, both of which would indicate a problem.
    "Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight."
    BabyFruit Ticker}
    BFP #1: 6/10/11 Natural m/c 6/20/11
    BFP #2: 8/30/11 Vanishing Twin diagnosed at 8 weeks, DS born 5/6/12 
    BFP #3: 5/24/14 stick, baby, stick! Beta 1 (16dpo): 645, Beta 2 (18dpo): 1652
    Heartbeat 179 at 8w5d grow, baby, grow!

• I bled for 6 1/2 weeks! It got light about week 4 and then came back heavy again. My doctor told me take it easy and avoid stairs as the more work I did the heavier I bled.  I hope it goes away sooner for you!

• I felt like i was bleeding to death, I bled for six weeks and my baby is now 7. I am actually starting to feel like myself again!
  • a little over two weeks... then it stops and then a couple weeks later you start spotting ... 
  • 8 weeks with DS#1, 10 weeks this time around!  
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

imageimage

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"