Babies: 6 - 9 Months

DD wont eat fruits???

she used to LOVE fruits but now I cant get her to eat them for the life of me..She will chow down on veggies and the dinner foods (beef and veggies, Jar foods) The only sort of fruits she gets is from her puffs and yo-baby yogurts which I dont really count as fruit.. We do a combo of BLW and purees but she's not too fond of me feeding her anymore.. I've read that they really dont need much of nutritional value from foods because their main source of nutrition is still from BM/Formula .. Which makes me not so concerned but I'd still like her to get some fruits in her daily diet.. I thought it may have been because of the liquid like texture but she'll eat carrots and other purees that have the same consistency.I give her whole bananas and cuts of apples but it seems as though she doesn't like how they feel in her hands even when covered in cereals..

Is it just that her taste has changed or is it just a phase.. Any suggestions on how to get her to eat some fruits..

I have also given her those on the go feed yourself pouches, which she enjoys but they dont have much of a selection as far as fruits go and to be honest she makes a MESS everywhere!! ( I can deal with the mess, as long as shes eating but she more or less plays..)

Any tips welcome..

TIA

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: DD wont eat fruits???

• Keep trying diff fruits, mix it in veggies even. We BLW and give things like mango, strawberry, Banana, steamed apples, peaches, plums, nectarine, kiwi, watermelon etc. Anything soft! Just keep trying, she may just like feeding herself so let her
  • O I forgot... We give fruit purrees sometimes too but only mixed in cereal or spread on toast like a jam or spread on a rice cake and she sucks it off.
  • Loading the player...
  • It could be a texture thing.  My DD used to love peaches and I gave her some the other night and she was gagging and making horrible faces.  I spread some on her toast and she ate it right up.  You could also try mixing fruit in with other foods that she actually likes, like sweet potato.  And if you're doing BLW, you could give her bigger slices of pear or peach with a little bit of crushed graham cracker on it so it's easier to pick up.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"