February 2013 Moms

Journal ideas?

I wanted to write a journal, since I am a FTM and I thought it would be fun!! I looked online for some books to buy that I can write in, but I'd rather get a digital journal so I can have a book printed when it's done (and it'll be a lot neater than my crappy hand writing!!).

Does anyone have any ideas where I can find an online digital journal that I can print when done? I found one for the ipad called Sprout that looks awesome, but I don't know how I can upload my ultrasound pictures to the ipad (they dont offer it for the computer).  Worse case, I can just generate my own book on iPhoto, but I lack creativity a little bit!! Any thoughts?

Hope you all have a great 4th of July holiday!!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Journal ideas?

• Can you upload the ultrasound picture on your computer and then email it to yourself to get it on the iPad? If your iPad has iPhoto, you should be able to upload it to an online journal from there.

Let us know what you find! I think journaling is a great idea. :) 

• I love this idea.  I keep meaning to pick up a journal that I like, but perhaps digital would be much, much better.  
  • Loading the player...
  • I started a blog with my first pregnancy and have continued with it ever since!  I use Blurb software to get it printed in book format every 6 months or so.  (My first book was actually 9 months to include everything pregnancy related.)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • imageMiamiMergers:
    I started a blog with my first pregnancy and have continued with it ever since!  I use Blurb software to get it printed in book format every 6 months or so.  (My first book was actually 9 months to include everything pregnancy related.)

This. Although I have yet to actually get the book printed :). If you click my blog link in my siggy, you can click the pregnancy label in my side bar. That has all the posts I wrote while pregnant with DD. I like that a blog is pretty much an open format, so you can write what you want when you want. And there are plenty of women who journal their pregnancies through their blog that would give you some ideas to run with as far as a weekly post or something.  

• imageajetter:

imageMiamiMergers:
    I started a blog with my first pregnancy and have continued with it ever since!  I use Blurb software to get it printed in book format every 6 months or so.  (My first book was actually 9 months to include everything pregnancy related.)

This. Although I have yet to actually get the book printed :). If you click my blog link in my siggy, you can click the pregnancy label in my side bar. That has all the posts I wrote while pregnant with DD. I like that a blog is pretty much an open format, so you can write what you want when you want. And there are plenty of women who journal their pregnancies through their blog that would give you some ideas to run with as far as a weekly post or something.  

Your blog is great!  I bookmarked it!  =) 

• I'm not sure about having it printed after but there is a site babycrowd.com where you can blog about your pregnancy.  I like my personal blog for blogging better but the thing I like about this is that there are other pregnancy blogs all in one place.  I started one on there.  I will probably blog about my pregnancy on my personal blog eventually.  My husband also bought me the belly book for my birthday and I really like that one too.  
    BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • imageaurorii:
    imageajetter:

imageMiamiMergers:

Your blog is great!  I bookmarked it!  =) 

Aw thanks!  I haven't been as good about posting since the fatigue set in. But I plan to out myself around 10 weeks so hopefully it will get a little more interesting then :).  

• Thanks for mentioning Sprout! After some quick google searches and an App Store search I decided to go for it. It really is set up great and I'm with you, I need the ease and legibility of something digital! It has tons of appropriate prompts for you to answer and I love that you can attach photos to it from right within the app. You can also add your own journal entries and aren't just limited to the prompts. I plan to download it for my iPad and as well iPhone and use it from both. You can even invite collaborators if you like, spouse, parents etc. I will likely blog some of my experiences on my professional blog as well but wanted something private where I could really chronicle this pregnancy. This is perfect! AND it sets up/organizes it all in such a cute manner for print (hardcover or soft) or PDF download. The app itself is free, the PDF download and printed books are paid extras.

Erin
    Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers BabyFruit Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest BabyName Ticker
  • imageajetter:

imageMiamiMergers:

I really want to blog because I have a really long commute (about two hours on the train each way) and think I could use the ride home to blog. I have an ipad and just bought a bluetooth keyboard but am worried about how to get photos loaded. Love your blog - any tips for me? DO you do this all on the computer?

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"