Stay at Home Moms

Today I love being a SAHM because...

...I have godawful morning sickness and I don't have to go to a job.

How about you?

SAHM to DD1 (7), DS (5) and DD2 (1)

Re: Today I love being a SAHM because...

• We had some friends ask to come over for the 4th just last night and I am thankful I have the day to pick up stuff to bbq and clean for company!

Also, my DD keeps surprising me with these awesome connections that she makes, which I love to witness. Yesterday, some neighbor must have been bbqing. DD smelled charcoal in the air and said, "Smells good Mama...hot dogs?" And then went to the open window and smelled and said "bbq outside." Very cute.

DD1: Maya 05/10
    DD2: Lucia (Lucy) 07/13
  • DD2 woke up not feeling well this morning and although she seems fine now, I'm glad I didn't have to worry about missing work or setting up alternative childcare.  Nobody makes them feel better than Mama!
  • Loading the player...
  • imageCnAmom:
    I'm sitting here in my pajamas drinking coffee and nobody cares that I haven't bothered to do much of anything yet.

This, exactly.  

Married 07.07.07. Mom to 3: Ruby 11/08 and Oliver & Austin 12/11
  • I love not having to worry about DS reaching a milestone and me missing it bc I am at work.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I got to wake up to DS giving me hugs instead of alarm. *Also nice when he got in bed with us at 1:30am I knew sleeping in would happen.
    IMG_7454 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Me too!  I feel awful and I am fortunate to lay on the couch for a while with my DD.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Anniversary
  • I have time to make food for picnics tomorrow.  And, I get to sit around because I'm tired!

• DH is on vaca from his day job this week, and we're doing something fun every day as a family! 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageCocoBrynne:
    I love not having to worry about DS reaching a milestone and me missing it bc I am at work.

This! and the sitting in my pajamas bit.

I love being with both my girls. 

~ Cassie ~

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    BabyFetus Ticker
    Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • I've been at the beach for 10 days and will be here for 4 more...
  • I can take my time cleaning the house and packing for our trip.

And, I love being home with my little guy.

Because you're mine, I walk the line....
    Landry Mark: 11/5/11
  • Its 10 am and I'm still wearing pajamas and drinking coffee
  • I got to handle all the last minute errands/packing for our trip without worrying about work.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • because I just ate lunch with my husband and daughter.  DH is a full-time student and receives money from the VA, so we get a lot of time together.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers natural miscarriages- 12/18/07 & 2/18/13 (AKA:KRISTA555)
  • It's super hot here so I'm glad to be able to hang around the house in a nursing tank (that would be wildly inappropriate in public) and watch a movie with DD1 while nursing DD2. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • imageCnAmom:
    I'm sitting here in my pajamas drinking coffee and nobody cares that I haven't bothered to do much of anything yet. Also, I plan on watching my dvr shows during naptime and again, nobody will really much care that I'm supposed to be putting laundry away.

DITTO!

• In a couple hours we are going to a friend's house for swimming and a bbq with a bunch of the neighborhood kids.

Also next week during my DD's birthday we are going to the shore in the middle of the week.  What better way to celebrate her birthday than the beach and boardwalk?

DS 3.12.08
    DD 7.11.09
    DD 8.01.13
  • I get to stay home and play video gamesand watch movies all day with ds1. Also being home to breast feed  my newborn and not having to pump and getting to be here for the newborn stage that goes by way to quickly.
  • im loving it to! mad brownies with ds and dont have to worry about trying to beat traffic home! thats one thing i do not miss at all lol :-)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • spontaneous walk in the rain with my 3 year old today.  nursing my 13 month old about a gazillion times today. 
  • During my kids nap I did some awesome nail art. AND a plus is I have bought some time to do some cleaning because they have to go and clean their rooms
  • My DD seems to have finally turned the corner from the "evil 3s" and is now a pleasant, fun to be around 4 year old. (I hope I didn't just jinx myself!)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • DS had preschool for a couple of hours this morning; so I was able to make a Target trip alone.  (meaning I did not have to stop to look at toys) Then we spent the rest morning at WF getting a few groceries and played the rest of the afternoon.  FUN!
    April 2009
  • I don't have to stress myself out over being tired because DD doesn't STTN yet.  If I'm tired in the middle of the day, I can lay down when she takes a nap.  I know if I was still on my pre-baby work schedule, I would be practically dead from exhaustion. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • DD and I just spent 2 glorious hours at the park, then another hour in the backyard. Kiddo is so wiped out she is chillin while I surf the net lol!

Also, I am going to start making a delicious dinner I wouldn't have time to make if I worked.

• I don't feel like and haven't done a single thing today but play with my kids.  Love my life!!
  • At lunch today witnessed my boys figure out that raspberries fit perfectly on their fingers. They were so pleased with themselves about this discovery and were more than happy to eat them off their fingers.  I love the little things that I might othewise miss if I wasn't a SAHM.  I also love that me and the boys can stay in our pjs til noon if we want :)
    3/10 IVF #1 TWINS! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • ta78ta78 member

I was just thinking how I would love to be anywhere else today. DS has been throwing tantrums constantly since he got up this morning and has fought me on every little thing.

I love him more than anything and being able to watch him grow each day. 

Q :  06.25.10
    W : 01.11.13

#3 : due 11.02.15

• I love being able spend every moment with my daughter.  She is such an amazing little girl and I'm so blessed to be her mommy.  I also like that I can be in comfy clothes all day and clean the house at my leisure.  And I love that I can find time to get on the elliptical every day.  I don't know if I'd have much me time if I had to work.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"