April 2012 Moms

Ooops, I had sex..

..and we both totally forgot to use any protection until it was too late! I had what I guess were two periods, for about 2 days at a time, about 6 weeks ago, but no bleeding since then. Odd, since my periods usually last for about a week. Anyone know how worried I should be about having three kids under the age of one early next year? :)

(I'd google it but I'm on a public computer!) 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Ooops, I had sex..

• You should be worried----in my mind there is no such thing as a surprise...if you don't use protection you MIGHT get pregnant!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagesoftskate31:

who knows when you ovulated...wait about 14 days, take a test...if negative you are probably fine, if positive...well, there ya go.

How do you "forget" to use protection...you know where babies come from.

lol, this. We were irresponsible, but knew were. We just didn't want to stop. :P I can't imagine "forgetting" with such a young baby still. If you don't want to get pg then take plan b if you're concerned. There's really know way of knowing unless you know when you ovulated. 
    photo newsig2_zps17ef14af.jpg
  • Loading the player...
  • imagesoftskate31:

who knows when you ovulated...wait about 14 days, take a test...if negative you are probably fine, if positive...well, there ya go.

This. 

It ain't your first rodeo. It only takes one time, don't you watch 16 and Pregnant?!

• By being caught up in the moment? Clearly, babies were the last thing on my mind..
  • imagehuntertwin:
    By being caught up in the moment? Clearly, babies were the last thing on my mind..

Go pick up some Plan b.  And common sense.

ETA: just so you know, if you have already ovulated then Plan b won't help since all it does is stop ovulation.  If you're pregnant, you're pregnant.  I don't really know how much googling will help you, public computer or not.

• imagekissyfitt:

imagehuntertwin:
    By being caught up in the moment? Clearly, babies were the last thing on my mind..

ETA: just so you know, if you have already ovulated then Plan b won't help since all it does is stop ovulation.  If you're pregnant, you're pregnant.  I don't really know how much googling will help you, public computer or not.

That's not true. It won't stop a pg once it's implanted, but it can still stop fertilization and implantation. 

https://www.planbonestep.com/plan-b-prescribers/how-plan-b-works.aspx  

photo newsig2_zps17ef14af.jpg
  • Just a little FYI for you, if you aren't preventing, you're trying. Don't pretend like you don't remember how you got knocked up the first time around.
  • imagebiblionerd:
    imagekissyfitt:

imagehuntertwin:

That's not true. It won't stop a pg once it's implanted, but it can still stop fertilization and implantation. 

https://www.planbonestep.com/plan-b-prescribers/how-plan-b-works.aspx  

Word.  Either way, if her eggo is preggo she's totes up the creek.

• LOL :) There's really no need for snarkiness or accusations of me "trying" .. it is entirely possible to get caught up in the moment and forget about birth control once. We didn't use it when I was pregnant and haven't exactly been tearing through the kama sutra since the twins were born! And there is absolutely no tragedy if I am pregnant, my husband and I would be, well, a bit poorer but happy, even though we don't have any more kids in our five-year plan. But sheesh.. just the thought of having three kids under the age of one is making me tired.
  • imageateal2490:
    Just a little FYI for you, if you aren't preventing, you're trying. .

I don't understand this! You can totally be not preventing and not trying. You just have to realize that there is a possibility that you might get pregnant. People always say if you aren't preventing, you're trying, and it makes no sense.

• imageTambcat:

imageateal2490:

I don't understand this! You can totally be not preventing and not trying. You just have to realize that there is a possibility that you might get pregnant. People always say if you aren't preventing, you're trying, and it makes no sense.

I don't know if I'd say trying so much as irresponsible

• imagekissyfitt:
    imageTambcat:

imageateal2490:

Well, that I can agree with. I just get irrationally irritated when people say that if you aren't preventing, you're trying. Do they not know what try means?

• I'm sorry but why would you even post this? It just sounds like you want attention or to start something to me. This is dumb, grow up!
  • imageRockMySocks:
    I'm sorry but why would you even post this? It just sounds like you want attention or to start something to me. This is dumb, grow up!

Yeah.  I don't intend to be snarky, but I side eye anyone who intentionally presents herself as dumb enough to have sex without protection and then wonder what the chances are they are pregnant.  Sex=babies.

• imagekissyfitt:

imageRockMySocks:
    I'm sorry but why would you even post this? It just sounds like you want attention or to start something to me. This is dumb, grow up!

Yeah.  I don't intend to be snarky, but I side eye anyone who intentionally presents herself as dumb enough to have sex without protection and then wonder what the chances are they are pregnant.  Sex=babies.

I think you and the quoter may have misunderstood.. it's not an "I had sex - am I pregnant?" question. Now, that would be stupid - I'm with you there. It's a post-pregnancy biology question, how soon after childbirth can one expect to be fertile again?  Seriously, no need to get all huffy. You're among friends. 

• imagehuntertwin:
    imagekissyfitt:

imageRockMySocks:

I think you and the quoter may have misunderstood.. it's not an "I had sex - am I pregnant?" question. Now, that would be stupid - I'm with you there. It's a post-pregnancy biology question, how soon after childbirth can one expect to be fertile again?  Seriously, no need to get all huffy. You're among friends. 

I don't see the difference.  You had your babies 2.5 months ago and say you've had two periods.  Did you miss the day they covered this in health class?  Did your gyno fail to tell you to use birth control even if you haven't had any active bleeding?  Come on, dude.

• imageTambcat:

imageateal2490:

Its not to be taken so literally...

Its sort of like when we were kids and our moms would ask "are you trying to get yourself killed?!" Obviously the answer was no, mom, I'm not actually attempting to break my skull open by doing wheelies on a crotch rocker, but I'm not going to wear a helmet to protect myself either."

• imageTambcat:
    imagekissyfitt:
    imageTambcat:

imageateal2490:

Well, that I can agree with. I just get irrationally irritated when people say that if you aren't preventing, you're trying. Do they not know what try means?

i believe people say this because the intention and reason for sex is 2 reproduce. we only have invented a method 2 stop that because we like sex more often than we like babies ( for the most part) - that being said, my Dh and I used no contraception other than withdraw for 3 years but did NOT want to get preggo...

Aug 15 April Siggy challenge: Baby Shower fails:

BabyFetus Ticker

• imagesoftskate31:

this was my first thought. lol

Aug 15 April Siggy challenge: Baby Shower fails:

BabyFetus Ticker

• imageTambcat:
    imagekissyfitt:
    imageTambcat:

imageateal2490:

Actually, yes, I do.. Thankfully , at some point in time throughout the 16 years I spent working on my education, I was able to FINALLY able to grasp the meaning of the word "try"....

or is it tri?

Wait, no...its treye...that's it. See! Told you I knew all about it! And it only took me three "treyes."

• imageCaronl:
    You should be worried----in my mind there is no such thing as a surprise...if you don't use protection you MIGHT get pregnant!

I disagree with this though...I was on OTC lo, I was the 1% that gets pregnant. He was definitely a surprise but now I wouldn't trade him for the world.

Got the mirena now....lets hope that works better!! 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers PicMonkeyCollage
  • imagehuntertwin:

..and we both totally forgot to use any protection until it was too late! I had what I guess were two periods, for about 2 days at a time, about 6 weeks ago, but no bleeding since then. Odd, since my periods usually last for about a week. Anyone know how worried I should be about having three kids under the age of one early next year? :)

3 under 1 makes me tired (even saying it) lol. good luck, and maybe pick up some condoms for when the mood strikes again (and the babies schedule allows). =)

• imageCaronl:
    You should be worried----in my mind there is no such thing as a surprise...if you don't use protection you MIGHT get pregnant!
    I disagree and we will agree to disagree. See my siggy. I was dx'd with PCOS 8 years ago. DH was at the very low end of normal on his SA in 2008. It took 3 years and 5 cycles of clomid and met to get DS. It took one day last July to get our daughter. I was not on bc because I didn't get my script in time and the pharmacy was closed on the 4th when I realized I didn't have it in time. DH and I discussed that since we don't see each other often and only had sex 3 times after DS was born that it was no big deal. We found some time July 18th, I was not paying attention to my cycle, I've had cycles over 120 days. We even stated prior that we had.no bc and said what are the odds. I haven't o'd without meds since 2000. I only had a minor freakout later in the week when I saw we had sex on day and DH reminded me that even on meds I o'd on day 18, so we said what are the odds. Since we only had sex that one day I said I'll test 14 days after, be slightly upset at the BFN since that is what IF does to you. Well our odds for us were 100%. Our DD is a very pleasant surprise. I never expected a BFP, especially since we weren't trying. How did I forget you ask. Simple I was given samples and I forgot to hand my script in. DS was 15 months old, still up 3 times a night and he was cutting his eye teeth. I thought those were miserable until we hit the two year old molar hell, 3 months and going strong. Poor kid. I don't question how one forgets. I forgot but we discussed it prior and were okay with the outcome.
    Sorry no paragraphs, bumping from my phone.
    I once had a picture until the trolls showed up.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    TTC #1 7/08 PCOS dx 8/28/04 Met 1000 mg and Clomid cycles 1-4 1/6/09-5/2/09 BFN
    Clomid 100mg 6/4/09=O'd=BFP on 6/29/09! Beta@14DPO 70.8 Beta@16DPO 152. EDD 3/7/10.
    First u/s on 7/13/09 @6w0d heard and saw heartbeat 102 bpm.
    K M #1 arrived via c/s 3/1/10 10 lbs, 22 inches long at 39 weeks.

Surprise expecting #2. Med-free BFP on 8/1/11! Beta@15DPO 58.2 Beta@17DPO 198.3 Beta@23DPO 2338. EDD 4/9/12
    K M #2 arrived via c/s 3/19/12 9 lbs 2 oz, 21 inches long at 37 weeks.
    "If we weren't all crazy we would go insane."
  • imagePhotogTaker:

imageCaronl:

I disagree with this though...I was on OTC lo, I was the 1% that gets pregnant. He was definitely a surprise but now I wouldn't trade him for the world.

Got the mirena now....lets hope that works better!! 

Me too!!!!!!WTH? 

• imagekissyfitt:

imageRockMySocks:

Yeah....

There's only on answer to "I had unprotected sex, should I be worried about being pregnant"....yes, yes you should, you have a much bigger reason to worry than you did before the unprotected sex, and every sexually active woman should be aware of that.

• I take back my comment about no such thing as a surprise...I know someone who had two girls and about 12 months later tells me that she is pregnant again.  She said she was not using any protection and was totally "surprised"!  She had no trouble getting pregnant the other two times...why did she think it wouldn't happen again?
  • amfreiamfrei member
    imagehuntertwin:

I am guessing you are wondering what your odds of getting pregnant? From what I understand, the odds of getting pregnant each month when you use no protection are about 16% or so. So unprotected sex once would be something less than that. You also have a higher chance of miscarrying during the first 3 months (and even longer) because things are still healing and the environment isn't as friendly for a fertilized egg. So that makes your chances lower. But there is a risk none the less. If you aren't interested in getting pregnant, take Plan B within 72 hours of unprotected sex to help prevent pregnancy. And for the record, I could see myself saying "oops" sometimes. If you are married/in a serious relationship, financially stable, and wouldn't be opposed to having more kids, it's not a big deal. If you are 16, with someone other than your baby daddy, and living on the public dole, you might be more deserving of the critisicm.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagesoftskate31:

"Oops, I had sex"

You can tell the baby that "Mommy accidentally fell onto a penis."

Yes 

• dojo1dojo1 member

I remember a thread not too long ago where a few people, myself included, copped to doing it without protection pp at least once. I'm sure that, like the rest of us, she knows there's a risk.  I don't really see the point in looking down our noses at her...have not one of you had unprotected sex at a time when babies wouldn't be ideal? 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Holy hell I'd be rushing to get Plan B if I was you.  I love my kids but I cannot fathom any more right now. 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I think some of you are being a tad harsh. It's a legit question about return to fertility (unfortunately I don't know the answer). Your fertility is different pp and while breastfeeding, so it's not the same as a first-tri board "I didn't use a condom am I pregnant??" post. 

Also, not everyone is 100% responsible every single time even when they're not "trying" (see adorable surprise below v v v ) 

• I have never had sex w/o some form of birth control when I wasn't trying to get pregnant. Angel

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"