Babies: 6 - 9 Months

Sleep easy, no cry, or Ferber.. What method did you use?

This is my 3rd baby and worst sleeper by far. I did CIO with my second child. He would put his self to sleep but didn't sttn till 15 months. Dd is 4.5 months and a terrible sleeper. I'm not even looking for sttn, just a little better. She wakes every 2 hours. I do not feed her every time. She won't sleep at all in her crib. She sleeps either in the rnp or with me ( out of desperation). She goes from zero to 60 quick if you don't respond to her ( so CIO makes me nervous). So tell me what method you used and why you liked it?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Sleep easy, no cry, or Ferber.. What method did you use?

• nic326nic326 member

We had DS2 in a RnP early on. He refused to sleep anywhere but in that thing. In the RnP he slept great...until about 5 months he started waking again a lot at night. At our 6 mo appt. I asked our pedi about CIO and she said its time to try "Dr B's (our pedi) Bedtime Bootcamp" which was essentially put him down at bedtime changed and fed and then its nighty-night. I was nervous too because DS1 was such a poor sleeper too. To my surprise it worked. He cried for about 15 at first, sometimes still does but After day 2 he went from waking bunch to STTN with the rare 3am wake up every now and then. now 2.5 months later sleeps from 7:30 to 6:30.  

I dont know which method this practice falls under but it worked for us and we all sleep better now 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We did CIO with occasional checks but didn't follow Ferber exactly. Worked great for us. Longest he ever cried was probably 45 minutes. Most nights he just fusses for a few minutes and goes to sleep. He STTN most nights but occasionally has one wake up per night. GL to you.
  • Loading the player...
  • I highly recommend the NCSS. It is written by a well researched MOM instead of a male doctor who does clinical studies. It is gentle and practical and makes sense to me. I love it.
  • That sounds just like my son was, and nothing worked.  He was a terrible sleeper and still can be sometimes if his routine is messed up.  We tried NCSS, Ferber, just letting him cry and ignoring him (once he was older), nothing worked.  I hope you have better results, whatever you try, than we did.
  • I used the Sleep easy Method and it was wonderful :-)
  • imageEveryNameIWantIsTaken:
    That sounds just like my son was, and nothing worked.  He was a terrible sleeper and still can be sometimes if his routine is messed up.  We tried NCSS, Ferber, just letting him cry and ignoring him (once he was older), nothing worked.  I hope you have better results, whatever you try, than we did.
    I hear ya on the bad sleeper. I thought I knew bad sleepers because of my boys, man I was wrong. Dd wakes up hourly sometimes. That just isn't right at 4 months. She had her checkup last week and is fine as far as the pedi can tell. When I was on maternity leave I could deal a little better but I have to get up at 530 am and that makes it even harder.
  • imageiverske9:
    I used the Sleep easy Method and it was wonderful :-)
    I'm reading this now. I hope it can help. I'm desperate
  • imagekarleegirl:
    imageiverske9:
    I used the Sleep easy Method and it was wonderful :-)
    I'm reading this now. I hope it can help. I'm desperate

I actually used this for nap training at the recommendation of my pedi and it helped with my DS's night sleep as well.  I highly recommend it.  I didn't follow it to the letter b/c I couldn't let my DS cry for very long, but now he hardly ever cries for naps or bedtime (maybe twice a week) and when he does he just fusses for a min and then he is out.  Good luck! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 0015-1
  • We used something similar to the Ferber method. I didn't have time to read any books on different types of sleep training so I used a sleep consultant. It's called Cheeky Chops. She's based in Vancouver, Canada. We are in California and did everything via telephone and email. It worked like a dream!!! Emma is 5 months now and sttn! :) When we started, Emma was waking up every 45 min to an hour! I was going crazy due to the lack of sleep. This was the best thing we could have done. And what was great about the sleep consultant was she tailored the plan just for your LO and gave you feedback and support throughout the three weeks of service. First two nights were BAD but after that, it just got better and better each night. Hope that helps! Good luck with what ever method you choose! :)
  • Finally someone who chooses the best, most loving, stress free, sleep style there is. I could never imagine letting my son cry it out and I've caught tons of flack for It but we did NCSS and he's slept through the night since week one. And you're absolutely right about it being written by a MOTHER. PERFECT solution. Anyone whose read the book would remember the part where she says 'crying it out makes baby scared of bedtime and think of it as an unhappy lonely time. A baby who goes to sleep happy and tear free will grow up looking forward to bedtime as a happy, restful place where mommy will always comfort him and he won't remember it as the time of day when he cries alone in bed wondering where mommy is.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"