January 2013 Moms

Chinese Gender Prediction

So has anyone else done this?

This is my second pregnancy and we are hoping for a girl as we already have a beautiful 3yr old boy. But of course we are a little put of because the gender test says we will be blessed with another son. I didnt use the prediction with my first pregnancy as it was clear at 13wks that it would be a he. We wont have an u/s until 20 wks and thats 8 wks away. The suspense is killing me. I so want to be able to go get everything pink.lol

Re: Chinese Gender Prediction

• I did and it also says we are having a boy. I'm not sure it's accurate since it also said my dd was boy lol.
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • First time around it said boy, and we did hava a son, this time it says girl but who knows... it has a 50/50 chance of being right  Smile

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers Anniversary
  • Loading the player...
  • First one said girl and we had DD.  This one also says girl..so we'll see!
    Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • It says we are having a boy but all our baby dreams are of a girl. So we will see!

Henry Cavill...You're welcome!

BFP #3: EDD 1/10/13 **DS born 12/30/12!!!**
    BFP #2: MC 7/2/11 @ 12 weeks
    **Missing our February '12 LoveBug**
    BFP #1: MMC discovered on 12/6/10

Anniversary

• Mine says girl, crossing my fingers! DH wants a boy. My mom wants a girl and when I told my parents I was pregnant my dad, who normally is very laid back, said I don't care what it is as long as its healthy and a girl. Lol love my dad! 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • It has a 50/50 chance.  Yes, you may have another boy. 

ETA: Just for fun, I looked mine up on a couple different websites with the Chinese Gender Chart, 2 said girl, 1 said boy. Hows that for accurate?  

11/2010 Diagnosed with PCOS 
    10/31/11 M/C at 9 weeks
    1/12/13 DD was born
    4/9/16 DS was born 
    9/17 CP 
    6/23/18 BFP EDD 3/4/19 

• I cant really figure it out because it wants to know the month I conceived. Based on when I think I o'd it could be either very end of April or very early May. If it is April the chart says girl, and May the chart says boy. So...I guess either way then, lol.
    BabyFruit Ticker

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • It said we are having a boy and I'm secretly hoping its right but will be super happy with a little girl too!
  • This is my 3rd child.  It was wrong for the first, right for the 2nd and the 3rd it says a boy.  So it has a 50/50 shot of being right! lol

Paige 8/5/99, Kara 7/22/03 and Benjamin 1/19/13
      Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

10 losses 1996-1998, 2 losses 2001-2002, 3 losses 2010-2012, loss 1/2014
  • It was wrong about my first.... You never know!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagesammichele:
    I cant really figure it out because it wants to know the month I conceived. Based on when I think I o'd it could be either very end of April or very early May. If it is April the chart says girl, and May the chart says boy. So...I guess either way then, lol.

Yeah, exactly my confusion, too!  I could go by the start of my last period which was at the end of March, but I obviously didn't conceive that day...I don't know whether it would have been end of March or beg. of Apr...I guess it doesn't ultimately matter, we'll find out for sure eventually!! 

• I did it with my last baby and it said boy and.....it was a boy! With this baby i did the gender predictor on thebump and one on parents magizine.com and they both said girl. I really hope im having a girl this time but im not gonna go out and load up on pink and purple til after my 20wk u/s, then il be positive.
  • imageAllycat11:

It has a 50/50 chance.  Yes, you may have another boy. 

ETA: Just for fun, I looked mine up on a couple different websites with the Chinese Gender Chart, 2 said girl, 1 said boy. Hows that for accurate?  

I did this too. The other websites go by lunar age (which is supposedly what it should be) and the bump just go by your actual age. The others said boy for me and the bump said girl, we'll see if the bump is onto something :)

Kendall, 1/1/13
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I mine says girl for both the bump version and the lunar age version, so we shall see!
    BFP 5.21.12 ~~ Born 1.28.13
    BFP 8.14.15 ~~ Due 4.22.16
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I fall between two months also but luckily either one says boy... I'm convinced we're having a boy for many reasons.

First of all, I had a vivid birthing dream which ended with the dr plopping the newborn baby on my chest (all slimy and gooey) with two huge baby testicles in my face!  lol

Second, gender predicter...

Third, everyone is obsessed with the baby name we have picked out for a boy and is already calling the baby Cooper.

And fourth, I've recently been super glowing... Like random people keep telling me how pregnancy is suiting me.  Mom told me that there's an old wives tale (totally based on scientific proof!  haha) that when a woman is carrying a girl, the woman's beauty fades during pregnancy because it's going into the DD.  When a woman is lookin' pretty good during pregnancy, she's carrying a boy and can keep her own beauty during pregnancy.  A total load of bull but it goes along with how I feel we're having a boy :)

• It was correct for my sister's first son. If it's right both my sister & I will be having girls (she's due 2.5 weeks before me)
  • i've done this on like, 4 other sites that have the gender predictor....2 say boy, and 2 say girl...

shouldn't they all predict the same thing? 

• It says we are having a boy and I think it's right. I have a very strong feeling it's a boy even though DH and I don't care either way.

BabyFruit Ticker

• Last time it said girl and we had a boy, this time it says boy, so who knows.
    BabyFetus Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • imageAllycat11:

Yes

The chart says I'm going to have a girl and it's obviously correct. Might as well start working on my nursery now!

BFP #1 5/12/12; EDD 1/20/13; Eliana Grace born 1/25/13

BFP #2 12/11/13; EDD 8/23/14; M/C 6 weeks

BFP #3 4/3/14; EDD 12/13/14

Pregnancy Ticker

• 1st time said girl, and it was right.  But yeah I still don't trust it.
  • It told me DS was a girl the first time, and so far they all say boy this time, so we'll see...

BFP 12/19/08- DS born 8/25/09 9lbs2oz via Zavanelli Maneuver
    BFP 8/26/11- Missed miscarriage discovered 10/19/11 at 11w2d, measured at 9 weeks gestation w/ no HB. D&C 10/21/11
    BFP 3/17/12 at 12dpo CP 3/21/12
    BFP 4/23/12 at 10dpo Stick my little one! Beta #1: 83.3 @ 13dpo Beta #2: 197.7 @ 15dpo
    Our little man is getting bigger every day!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    My BFP Chart
  • It predicts a girl for me. I'm not sure if it makes any difference or not, but every male in my husband's family has produced a male child first (J is 1 of 5 boys, his father is 1 of 6, and his grandfather is 1 of 5.). Maybe we'll break the mold.
    lara & johan :: 4.3.10 Pregnancy Ticker
  • JJsMumJJsMum member
    For DS it said Boy, but I was pretty clear on when I o'd.  This time around I'm not sure if it was late April or Early May and that changes it!  Going by LMP it says boy, but DH and I have both had baby girl dreams.  Of course, we would also like the symmetry of having a boy and a girl, but we will definitely love whoever we get!
    Jonathan Jeremy~12/02/2010,  BFP#2~M/C @ 11wks 4 days,  BFP #3~CP @ 4 wks 3 days,  
    Simon Randall~01/29/2013, Grayson Paul~10/03/2014
      Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
    Oct'14 January Siggy Challenge - Snow Fails 

• Worked for me with my son when I used my lunar age. I didn't try the Bump's, and haven't done any this time.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • I think it's all bunk, personally. It's a 50/50 chance to be right (unless your baby is intersexed, but that's a whole other deal) so it's no harm. It said I'd have a boy, but it's still a coin toss.
    Lilypie - (KUub)  Lilypie - (x7FR)

Daisypath - (cVUA)   Daisypath - (CnD8)

• eb1113eb1113 member
    I did two different gender predictors on two different websites and they each said the opposite thing!  Made me certain that they can not be believed 100%.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • I did the gender predictor on the bump and at parents.com and both said we are having a girl, so we shall see. Kinda of convinced it's a girl too. I too have heard that if the mom is seeming to be "not as pretty" then she is carrying a girl but "glowing beauty" for mom means boy. Just based on that I am definitely carrying a girl... LOL! My friend also informed if the heartbeat is really high, like over 160 bpm, it's definitely a girl and under 160 it's a boy... but no one else I've asked has heard that. I want a healthy baby, boy or girl, but secretly wishing for a girl. DH is wishing for a boy... LOL! Just happy as a clam to be having a baby.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers It's a boy!!!
  • I'm on my third...both the others were correct...two boys! It says girl this time so I hope its correct, but who knows!! Good luck!
    Pregnancy Ticker image
  • imageAllycat11:

This happened with my first. One said boy, the other girl. Well, they're right 50% of the time, I suppose. :)

nataliepic350 photo nataliepic350.jpg photo 099_zps0c6fc5c8.jpg Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • SJRoweSJRowe member
    Everything I've done says boy for me. I hope they are correct. Smile
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"