Babies: 0 - 3 Months

shopping for maternity clothes

I am not sure if someone out there posted something about this or not - but is it OK to buy maternity clothes from a consignment shop?  Clothes are so expensive and there is a very nice shop near my house that I am considering checking out.  Any thoughts?  Thanx! :)

To my little one - may God hold you in his arms until we are able to hold you in ours.

Re: shopping for maternity clothes

• Why would it not be ok? You are the one that would decide that, if you are fine with it, why ask us? ;)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Of course it's ok.  You'll save tons that way. I just wouldn't buy too many at one time even from a regular store not just because it's a consignment shop.  Just be sure to check the clothes out for wear and tear like you normally do. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • ToraniTorani member

imagetarajayne:
    Why would it not be ok? You are the one that would decide that, if you are fine with it, why ask us? ;)

This.  Your question completely confuses me OP.  Most of my maternity clothes were from consignment.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • this is a stupid question...
  • about 1/2 of my maternity clothes were from a consignment store... they only get used for about 3 months, so I wasn't going to buy a whole new wardrobe for that amount of time... also, since they are only worn that long, there is very little wear on the ones that are at second hand stores...Why wouldn't you buy it there? 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Why wouldn't it be ok?  Check the Goodwill's near you too.  I have bought 5 shirts and 2 dresses with the tags still on them, and I sure feel a hell of a lot better buying Liz Lange shorts for $3 than what a store would charge!  Maternity clothes don't necessarily get that much use so are usually in pretty good shape.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"