April 2012 Moms

This time of year makes me stabby

People have started blowing off fireworks, and it makes me crazy. I know I have to suck it up because of the 4th, but do we really need to start the holiday 6 day early?! I'll be so mad if one of the girls wakes up. 

Re: This time of year makes me stabby

• My idiot neighbors have been lighting them for 3 days now.....they wait til about 11pm to do it though!
  • imagekasper923:
    My idiot neighbors have been lighting them for 3 days now.....they wait til about 11pm to do it though!

I would be livid, especially with a toddler in the house. Ella is harder to put back to bed then Kate is. I seriously cross my fingers hoping that she doesn't wake up.  

• Loading the player...
  • We have neighbors who have been lighting them for the last week or so...It makes me crazy!!! I am petrified of the fire danger and overall safety hazard!  Nothing I can do about it though.  I cringe every time I hear them!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagePinkPeony6210:

imagekasper923:
    My idiot neighbors have been lighting them for 3 days now.....they wait til about 11pm to do it though!

I would be livid, especially with a toddler in the house. Ella is harder to put back to bed then Kate is. I seriously cross my fingers hoping that she doesn't wake up.  

I really want to call the Village Police, but the babe doesn't wake up and neither does my oldest so I let it go.  Hope your girl's stay asleep! 

• Our whole state is basically under a burn ban (and no city fireworks for the 4th of July) because of the drought we've been having.  So -- hopefully I should hear no fireworks, or stupid fire crackers.
    image""> Image and video hosting by TinyPic   image

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Are fireworks illegal in any of your states? They are here (New York), so that kind of adds to the annoyance factor. I usually don't care when people do it, but days before the actual holiday is a little much. 
  • imagePinkPeony6210:
    Are fireworks illegal in your state? They are here, so that kind of adds to the annoyance factor. I usually don't care when people do it, but days before the actual holiday is a little much. 

They use to be.  2 years ago they made them legal. 

image""> Image and video hosting by TinyPic   image

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Yeah, people around here have been shooting them off (hehe....giggled as I typed that) since late May.  There were illegal but the law was recently changed.  Yay.

• I was just thinking this today...well it started yesterday. My stupid neighbors let their kids shoot fireworks.all.freekin.day. Not only does it startle the bejezzus out of me because  I think it's gunshots...It freaks L and the cats out. I've been tempted to walk across the street and ask if they know they are illegal and they are a serious fire hazard because we all live so close together. Speaking of...more just went off. Gah. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • It's illegal in my city, and even more serious because we've had no rain and are under a burn ban. I will so be calling the non-emergent 311 line if I hear any.

Untitled

Etta Jane and Claire Elaine are here! Born March 28, 2012.

my blog

What it's like to cloth diaper twins, Part I.

Cloth diapering twins, Part II.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"