Toddlers: 24 Months+

Toddler Boy Rooms

Can anyone share idea's with me for a toddler's boy room.  I was thinking of a few ideas and now I am wondering if I should not go with something so specific.  I was thinking a Dr. Seuss room but not sure if he/I would grow tired of it in a few years.  I also love the little green leaf canopies that IKEA sells so I would love to incorporate that some how.  Any idea help would be great! 

https://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/60054636/

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Toddler Boy Rooms

• LSU628LSU628 member
    I am currently in love with the Very Hungry Caterpillar line from PBK. The green leaf could easily be tied into that theme.
    imageimage
  • I love the Dr. Seuss idea.  I don't think he will outgrow it.  My oldest son is almost 7 and Dr. Seuss books are his favorite.
  • Loading the player...
  • akayfakayf member

My older guy is into trains so when it was time to move him into his big boy room we did a train theme.   I avoided Thomas and did train accents.   His sheets are trains.   The wall art is vintage-looking train prints.   Plus i have some cutesy train canvas art that I found at Target and Home Goods.   I also hung train postcards.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • DS has the trandportation quilt from Land of Nod. I like it since it is not character based.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • DS is big into vehicles & trains but like you I didn't really want me/him to be married to some 'theme' for a long time so I got some vehicle decals and put them up on one wall but then have 3 large frames that I plan to put some 8x10 photos or prints of his choice in on another wall and I figure they are easy to change out- can be photos of him/us, can be dinosaurs, trains, whatever he is into at the time... and I am going to just get a navy/red madras comforter for his bed b/c the colors will be easy to work with for whatever we put up for awhile. 

I'm not big on themes though, I did DD's room with some butterflies on one wall & a 'garden' on another and then she asked for 'jungle animals' so on the blank wall I'm going to hang some framed photos from my mom's trip to Africa. 

• We are using these sheets from PBK (Patrick) with just a basic navy comforter. Plan to do a transportation theme with accessories.

https://www.potterybarnkids.com/products/patrick-sheeting/?pkey=e%7Cpatrick%7C21%7Cbest%7C0%7C1%7C24%7C%7C2&cm_src=PRODUCTSEARCH||NoFacet-_-NoFacet-_-NoMerchRules-_-

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

View Raw Image'>

• imagegroovygrl:

DS is big into vehicles & trains but like you I didn't really want me/him to be married to some 'theme' for a long time so I got some vehicle decals and put them up on one wall but then have 3 large frames that I plan to put some 8x10 photos or prints of his choice in on another wall and I figure they are easy to change out- can be photos of him/us, can be dinosaurs, trains, whatever he is into at the time... and I am going to just get a navy/red madras comforter for his bed b/c the colors will be easy to work with for whatever we put up for awhile. 

I'm not big on themes though, I did DD's room with some butterflies on one wall & a 'garden' on another and then she asked for 'jungle animals' so on the blank wall I'm going to hang some framed photos from my mom's trip to Africa. 

Where are you getting the madras bedding?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Probably PBK, they have a bunch of differnet color combos (I plan to do navy/red). He has a full sized bed though, I'm not talking about a toddler bed.(it also comes in twin). I figure that bedding is definitely something he can grow with and we can decorate around so I don't mind paying $124 (it is on sale right now).

I believe Land of Nod & the Company Store also had some but I think PBK's price was better (for full) and I liked the pattern better. I'll prob just get some navy sheets.

• My DS loves cars and trucks, so I got CIRCO decor and bedding from Target.
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Premature Baby tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"