December 2011 Moms

Mom's whose LO's wake 3+ times a night

How many times and between what hours?Where does your LO sleep?Do you feed every time or certain time?How long have they woken this often?Will you sleep train?Do you work outside home or are you a SAHM?

Lilypie - (ovfd)

Re: Mom's whose LO's wake 3+ times a night

• How many times and between what hours? 5-8 times between 7pm and 6:30am

Where does your LO sleep? Starts in crib after first or second waking he is in RNP next to me or in bed with me. 
    Do you feed every time or certain time?Only if he doesn't settle or if he roots. 

How long have they woken this often? He consistently always woke 1-3 times but a week before he got sick it was 3-4 and now that he is better he has woken every 45 min - hour all night for the past few nights. 

Will you sleep train? Yes. I can't return to work in September this exhausted. 

Do you work outside home or are you a SAHM?Home until September. 

Lilypie - (ovfd)

• He was STTN but stopped about 2 weeks ago.

How many times and between what hours? He wakes up 3-4 times a night. Midnight, three, five and some times around 6:30Where does your LO sleep? PnP next to the bedDo you feed every time or certain time? Yes feed every timeHow long have they woken this often? Around 2 weeks nowWill you sleep train? No

Do you work outside home or are you a SAHM? SAHM

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...

• How many times and between what hours?At least 5 times, usually closer to 7 or 8 between 9 & 9. Where does your LO sleep? In our bed. Do you feed every time or certain time? I try to offer a paci the first two times then feed every after. How long have they woken this often? Since he was born. Will you sleep train? Yes. We will probably start next week when home from vacation. Do you work outside home or are you a SAHM?SAHM who watches other kids in the home. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Lately thing hsve been better, but since I dealt with this for 3 months I will answer:

How many times and between what hours? Sometimes 8 times! It has been inconsistent since 4 month old. Before that, he only woke once at 2 am. On bad nights he is up every 45 minutes to an hour. Since I moved him into his room and started No Cry it has been 11 pm, 2 am and 4 am. He goes to bed between 7 and 8.

Where does your LO sleep? He moved into his own room last week. Before that he was next to our bed in his crib.

Do you feed every time or certain time? Every time. It is the fastest way to get more sleep.

How long have they woken this often? I was in the 8 times club for 2 long months. Only this week has he been waking only 3 times

Will you sleep train? I am loving the No Cry Solution
    Do you work outside home or are you a SAHM? SAHM, though my troubles started when I went back to work for 2 months. 

• She used to wake up only twice, around 3am then around 6am

Im a SAHM, in the past month she now wakes up several times after 3am. She sleeps with me and I only feed her if she doesn't go back to sleep and starts to root. She goes to bed around 9:30 and gets up between 8:30-9:30.

We will not sleep train. Sometimes she starts in her crib but when she wakes up I just bring her to bed. She is so upset when she wakes up by herself. She naps in her crib fine.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers daisypath PitaPata Dog tickers PitaPata Dog tickers Unexplained infertility HSG-clear, DH SA-Great 3 cycles Clomid TI with OB/GYN Switched to RE Jan2011 Feb2011 100mg Clomid + trigger + #1 IUI=BFN Mar. 12,2011 100mg Clomid + Estradiol + #2 IUI BFP 3/20/11, Beta #1 12dpiui 174, Beta #2 17dpiui 1660, Beta #3 21dpiui 6687 image
  •  

How many times and between what hours? 3 times between 8pm and 8am.  This is only recent.  From months 3-5 he was sleeping 7-9 hours straight.  I went back to work part-time at 5 months and he started reverse cycling.  Up every hour or 2 and I was so exhausted that we started bed-sharing and he would basically nurse all night.   I still wasn't getting great sleep so we transitioned him to the crib and it was hell for about 3 nights...up every 45 min to 2 hours but it has gotten consistently better since then. 

Where does your LO sleep? Crib in his room
    Do you feed every time or certain time? Yes, quickest way to get him back down. 

How long have they woken this often? See above

Will you sleep train? This is kind of a sore subject in my house.  I am totally fine with letting him fuss for a few minutes but once he gets worked up I go in and get him. My husband will let him CIO for naps when he is home with him and I am working. (He did take a 2.5 hour nap with him yesterday and he NEVER sleeps that long for me). 

Do you work outside home or are you a SAHM? I work part-time 3 days a week.  One day my mom has him, one day my husband and one day we have a babysitter come to the house (but my husband works from home so he is there).

• imagehlc820:
    How many times and between what hours? Anywhere from 1-3x; usually about 11 and 2
    Where does your LO sleep? Back and forth from his PNP to our bedDo you feed every time or certain time? I offer; sometimes he wants it sometimes notHow long have they woken this often? Since birthWill you sleep train? Eventually when I get the balls to listen to him cry; can't stand it!Do you work outside home or are you a SAHM? Work outside home
    Success After Losses. I carry your <3, I carry it in my <3.</br>
  • imagehlc820:
    How many times and between what hours? Usually 3-5 but once in a blue moon, more than 5.  Usually he'll go down between 8-9, up at 11, 2, 4, 5 or 530...sometimes back down till 7 but usually he is up for good. 
    Where does your LO sleep?  Starts out in the crib next to our bed, then in our bed after first or second wake up.  Do you feed every time or certain time?  I can sometimes pat his butt after the first wake up and he will go back to sleep, but not usually.  Besides that, I feed/comfort nurse every time.  How long have they woken this often?  I had a nice stretch around 4-5 months where he would only wake up 1-2 times but thats long gone!! Will you sleep train?  Probably not.  I have started reading the no cry sleep solution but I haven't tried it yet.  I kind of feel that he will STTN when he is ready and every baby is different, but maybe if I try NCSS I will be proven wrong! Do you work outside home or are you a SAHM? I am a Full time RN (3 shifts from 7am-8pm weekly)
  •   How many times and between what hours? Anywhere from 0-8 times, between 730-700. Every single night is different, but I'd say most nights it's an average of 2-4 times. No rhyme or reason to the times, sometimes she won't wake until 3 or 430, sometimes she will wake 3 times between 9-11, sometimes (RARELY) no wakeups at all.  Where does your LO sleep? In the crib in her room.    Do you feed every time or certain time? No. Almost every time she will go right back to sleep if we give her her paci. Sometimes she can find it herself though and get back to sleep on her own. Once in a while she still cries after she has her paci and I have to hold her until she falls back to sleep, not often though.   How long have they woken this often? Since we stopped swaddling and she started rolling, around 4.5 months.   Will you sleep train? We are sort of planning on it but haven't actually gone through with it. There have been a few times that we left her cry for a few minutes and she put herself back to sleep but in the middle of the night we usually just get up to go to her since we both have to work in the morning and we don't want to lose more sleep then necessary. The problem is only with the frequent wakings, she goes to bed fine (for now anyway, I know that can change at any time!)   Do you work outside home or are you a SAHM? Work FT.
  • How many times and between what hours?
    3-5x between 10pm and 9am, and he's up for awhile each time.

Where does your LO sleep?
    In our room in his crib; sometimes I'll bring him in bed with me in the early AM but he usually doesn't like it.

Do you feed every time or certain time?
    I'll try to pat him back to sleep but if that doesn't work within a few minutes, I'll try to nurse him back to sleep. 

How long have they woken this often?
    Since he was 4.5 months. 

Will you sleep train?
     Maybe once he has his own room, but even then I couldn't full on let him CIO

Do you work outside home or are you a SAHM?
    SAHM for the summer
    BFP #1: EDD 8/29/11, MMC 1/14/11. BFP #2: Damien Isaac born 12/16/11. BFP #3: Rowen Cole born 7/28/14. BFP #4: EDD 9/16/16.

Anniversary

baby blog

• On average 3-4 times. She gets nursed to sleep at 7, lie her down at 7:30, she will cry on and off for an hour. If longer I feed her again but sometimes she goes to sleep eventually. Wakes at 11, 2,4... Up for day at 7-8. I nurse her every time. I'm a SAHM. She sleeps in her crib in her room. She started at 4 months waking every hour till 5 1/2 months. Then it's been 3-4 times since and she is 6 1/2 months
  • How many times and between what hours? between 3-6 times between 8 pm to 7 am

Where does your LO sleep? starts out in a co-sleeper but moves to our bed during the middle of the night

Do you feed every time or certain time? feed every time.  sometimes she just conks out after a few seconds, grr.

How long have they woken this often? starting at 4 months.  before 4 months, she used to sleep from 6 to 2ish straight, wake once, and then go back to sleep until morning.  gah!

Will you sleep train? YES.  in about 2 weeks...we're traveling now.

Do you work outside home or are you a SAHM?  grad student
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • imagemtb21:
    imagehlc820:
    How many times and between what hours? Usually 3-4 times between 730-730, but in the last week we also had one night with just 2 and one night with 7
    Where does your LO sleep? in his crib in his room Do you feed every time or certain time? Every time if I get up. I try & wait until C does his mad cry, once in awhile he won't get there & he just puts himself back to sleep
    How long have they woken this often? His whole life
    Will you sleep train? Yes... at 8-9 months if things aren't better
    Do you work outside home or are you a SAHM? SAHM until he's 1
    I find this thread oddly comforting, it seems like all I hear about it is babies who STTN so it's nice to see that I'm not the only one who's lucky to get 3 hours in bed at a time.Same here. I'm shocked and more at ease. I thought most bump babies sttn or were close. 

Lilypie - (ovfd)

• ccip82ccip82 member

imagehlc820:

How many times and between what hours?
     3-4 times, Between 9pm and 9 am  

Where does your LO sleep?

crib in nursery (right across hall from our bedroom)

Do you feed every time or certain time?
    Everytime 

How long have they woken this often?

4 weeks 

Will you sleep train?
    Not yet 

Do you work outside home or are you a SAHM?
    SAHM 

________________________________________________________________________________________________

sibling love  

• mbf124mbf124 member
    imagehlc820:
    How many times and between what hours? She goes to bed between 8 and 9. She'll wake for the first time between midnight and 2. Usually closer to 2. After that, she's up again around 3 and I normally put her in bed with us. She passes out cold. She wakes up crying at 5ish, but falls alseep pretty fast after that. 
    Where does your LO sleep? In her crib in her own room. Do you feed every time or certain time? I only feed her once around 1-2 amHow long have they woken this often? She used to wake a lot more often. This is good in my opinion. Will you sleep train? I tried at 5 months. I consider it to be fairly successful becasue I don't rock her to sleep anymore. I just put her in her crib and she falls asleep. I will try Ferber again once we return from 2 trips in July. I feel like it's a waste of time before then. Do you work outside home or are you a SAHM? ehhh kinda both. I have a full time job but work from home. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • imagehlc820:
    How many times and between what hours? About every two hours between bedtime (730 pm) and waking (anywhere from 7-9 am)
    Where does your LO sleep? In his own roomDo you feed every time or certain time? I feed everytimeHow long have they woken this often? Since 3 monthsWill you sleep train? We did sleep training to get him to fall asleep, but I haven't been able to pull the trigger on overnights as well. If he is hungry, I will feed him. My LC believes he has maxed out my current supply (as he is a big boy) and as he begins eating more, his needs will go down (and he will be more likely to STTN, or at least longer periods). Until that happens, I will not skip these feedings- he is not "snacking," he is taking full feeds and is also nursing about every 2 hours throughout the day. Do you work outside home or are you a SAHM? Thank God I am a SAHM because I could not keep up that schedule if I was still working as a nurse. I basically feel like a zombie the majority of the day. Looking forward to when he STTN again! 

February 2011- M/C
    March 2011- BFP resulting in... 12/2011 bouncing baby boy! 
    October 2013- BFP- M/C
  • How many times and between what hours? He goes to sleep at 8:30pm. wakes around every 3 hrs to eat. 12, 3, 6.

Where does your LO sleep? in bed with me
    Do you feed every time or certain time? usally feed everytime, or just re-swaddle him.

Do you work outside home or are you a SAHM? yes for now
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"