Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

Peeling Skin?? Suggestions?

My daughter is 4 weeks old and starting last week her forehead started peeling... it is not red, it does not seem to bug her... I just don't know what it is.. 

Is this normal? Anyone else have a baby with peeling skin? 

P.s. My Doctor warned me not to over lotion, but on that note since this is happening I have been trying to moisturize her more..

Thanks in advance for the help!  

Ali Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary

Re: Peeling Skin?? Suggestions?

• Options
    Yes it is normal.  At six weeks, DD's skin is almost completely done peeling.  I wouldn't put any commercial lotion on it, but some coconut oil is okay.  Otherwise, I would just leave it alone.
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    I read it's completely normal for baby to have peeling skin. My son  has it too, and I haven't put anything on it. My doc said not to put lotion on the face, or to use sensitive (completely scent-free, etc.) if completely necessary. But it is normal, and will go away by itself.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thanks so much!!! 
    Ali Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • Options
    Totally normal...but some baby lotion on her...Um over lotion??? I never heard of such a thing??? Johnsons baby lotion is totally safe!!

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Options
    imagebeachbum28:
    Totally normal...but some baby lotion on her...Um over lotion??? I never heard of such a thing??? Johnsons baby lotion is totally safe!!
    Actually, Johnson's products have been found to have formaldehyde in them... Not so safe. OP, the peeling is totally normal, and will go away soon. You don't need to treat it with anything.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

imagebeachbum28:

This. And I lightly exfoliate the area with a dry clean terry cloth wash cloth before applying lotion. It works believe it or not.

• Options
    aquaphor
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    It is normal and will go away.  However, if you hate the sight of it, my doctor told me to put olive oil on the spot for about 15 minutes then shampoo it off and use a baby brush to exfoliate  Within a day or two it will be gone. 
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options

imagebeachbum28:

Not really.  Check out the ingredients sometime.  Not things you really want on a newborn.

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"