3rd Trimester

Ikea Cribs

Has anyone bought one?  Has anyone had any prior experience with them? I kind of like the Sundvik crib but I am afraid the quality might be awful so I would love to hear some reviews!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Ikea Cribs

• I bought the Sundvik crib but we haven't set it up yet. We opted for that one because the Sniglar didn't seem very sturdy or durable. I'm curious to know what others who have actually used think, I have always loved Ikea furniture. 
    Pregnancy Ticker  Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We have the Sundvik crib (FTM, so I can't ocmment on how it holds up).  Ikea cribs are rated high by baby bargains.  Friends of ours have one, and love theirs, so we went with it.  Looks great in our nursery!
    photo judgejudy.jpg Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • We bought all of DD's furniture there and after 3 years it still looks great. Other than being a PITA to put together (poor DH, lol) I have nothing but positive things to say about it. We still use the dresser and armoire and it stands up to DD's occasional kicks and slams. We'll use the crib again for this baby when we move from the bassinet.
  • I have had one for 2 yrs and you would not be able to tell that as it looks new. We love it and have never had an issue.
  • I decorated LO's entire room with IKEA, crib, dresser, mirror, etc... It looks amazing and the crib seems to be very durable.  I spent FAR MORE money on my daughters furniture and I can't say that the stuff from IKEA looks or feels like a step down in quality.  GO for it, and this coming from a pretty picky mom!

• They get really great reviews I just don't like that they are so low to the ground. As far as the rest of the furniture I bought almost all of mine at Ikea and love it. Saved so much and money and it all looks really great. GL!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I have one...cant think of which one (it's from two years ago) my daughter has been using it and jumping all over it...it is in great shape and we love it! going to use for this little guy too
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • For those of you with Ikea cribs, are you using an Ikea mattress?  If not, what kind of mattress did you get?

• We bought two Sniglar cribs for the twins.  We spent $$$ for our first baby and got a Munire.  The Munire is prettier, for sure, but really the Sniglars are just fine.  They are sturdy when assembled correctly, they look nice in the nursery - very clean lines, and with bedding and what not, well they look like cribs.  We are using DD's crib mattress and the one my parents had in her toddler bed - so two Sealys.  They fit great.  Also, the two pack of Ikea crib sheets that they sell are really nice.  A soft knit that has all the way around elastic and fits the Sealy mattresses fine.
  • I am a bit surpised, to be honest.  It just seems like their prices are too good to be true sometimes and with a baby crib it can be scary to go "cheap" so I am really happy to hear all these great reviews.  Thanks, ladies!
  • We have a Sniglar. It is great! We only wanted a solid wood crib that was either unfinished or had an eco-friendly finish. We were looking at $900-$2k or the $70 Ikea one. We went Ikea. The mattress platform is fiberboard, but that was worth the heavy price "discount". We use a Naturepedic mattress with it.

• imagejenniet4:

For those of you with Ikea cribs, are you using an Ikea mattress?  If not, what kind of mattress did you get?

I didnt buy the Ikea mattress...I bought a serta or seally or something like that at target or babies r us  

BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We bought the Gulliver, seems to be just fine. The mattress is a Nook Pebble Lite, and it's super snug.
  • We bought the Gulliver crib (with the mattress) and changing table.  I didn't have much choice though, because I live in Japan and Ikea is one of the few places here that you can get a more "western"-style crib and baby furniture.

Anyway, haven't used it yet, but it's all assembled and ready and I'm pleased.  Seems sturdy, the mattress is snug and it was pretty easy to put together.  I like the simplicity of Ikea stuff.  And you can't beat the price!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"