Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months

Am I the only one who has a LO that is up at 5am everyday?!?!?!

LO is always ready for bed at 7:30pm.

She wakes everyday at 5am! Ugh!

I am so jealous of all of you that have LO's that sleep til 7!!!! I wish! 

Re: Am I the only one who has a LO that is up at 5am everyday?!?!?!

• Sometimes my DD gets up around 5:30, but usually as long as she isn't doing a hard cry, I just let her play and eventually she goes back to sleep till 7 or so.  Sorry its so rough, HUGS.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Does she nap during the day? Both my kids have always been on my schedule. They don't go to bed til 11pm-12am & wake around noonish! DS is only 4mo so he does eat in there once BUT goes immediately back to sleep. I have made a point to keep them up later so they will sleep later because I am NOT a morning person!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • No you are not! LO has gotten up at 4am for the past 2.5 months. He has only recently started to sleep in til 4:20am, I put him back to bed and he will sleep til about 4:45ish and then DH and I take turns each day getting up at 5 w/ him. We have been attributing it to molars. He has had 3 coming in at the same time. You are not alone. I also tried putting him to sleep later, like 8pm, but he woke up at 3:30am so I never tried it again. ETA word usage.
  • Yikes, that's rough. DS wakes up between 6:30 and 7 and I think that's early lol.

Before you're jealous of me, though, he didn't STTN until he was 16 months old, so I got mine.

DS (7 years old) from FET in 2010
    DD (5 years old) from IUI in 2012
    TTC 3rd and final!: IUI #1 in progress!
  • DS was up between 5-6 (usually 5:30) for like the first 16 months of his life. I would just leave him there (because he wasn't crying or anything) but he never fell back asleep. Around 18m, he sort of pushed his bedtime back on his own, so his wakeup time also got pushed about an hour. So, he's usually up around 6:30. Which is still early, but I will take it. I think he's slept past 7 twice in his entire life, lol.
  • DS goes through this pattern where he's up at for 2 weeks than another 2 weeks he'll sleep til 630. Been like this for months. He is usually ready for bed by 730 also. If I keep him up much later than that hes usually up even earlier. 
    Andrea 7/9/08, Joaquin 4/18/11, boy coming 12/18/13 Forever missed: Gabriel 11/24/09 at 20 weeks
  • BeachMBeachM member

imageMrsWindyCity:
    DS was up between 5-6 (usually 5:30) for like the first 16 months of his life. I would just leave him there (because he wasn't crying or anything) but he never fell back asleep. Around 18m, he sort of pushed his bedtime back on his own, so his wakeup time also got pushed about an hour. So, he's usually up around 6:30. Which is still early, but I will take it. I think he's slept past 7 twice in his entire life, lol.

This.  We actually have been going through a few weeks of 7-8am wakeups.  Until this morning when he was up at 5:30.  Probably because he got a whopping 16 hours of total sleep yesterday between nighttime and nap.

He's cutting 2 year molars (2 in and 2 to go) and I'm not sure if that has anything to do with it.  All other teeth = weeks and weeks of 5-6am wakeups.

• imageKBratt1:
    Does she nap during the day? Both my kids have always been on my schedule. They don't go to bed til 11pm-12am & wake around noonish! DS is only 4mo so he does eat in there once BUT goes immediately back to sleep. I have made a point to keep them up later so they will sleep later because I am NOT a morning person!

Not to be rude or snarky but as a teacher this is my first thought.  How are you (or them for that matter) going to function when they start school? 

• You are not alone!  DS gets up around 5am lately.  He used to sleep until 6 or 6:30 but he is getting a lot of teeth right now including molars and we think the teething pain is waking him up.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    DD born May 25, 2009. DS born June 16, 2011. BFP #3. 10/31/12 EDD July 8, 2013
  • Sorry to say, DS is almost 3 yo and still wakes up almost every day at 5am and needs to go to bed early too about 7:30 pm . Both my husband and I work so we have just arranged our schedules around it  (we both start work at 7am, M-F). DS will sometimes go until 6 or 6:30am on the weekend and it feels like paradise.

I know if we needed to we could probably shift his schedule at little if we tried, like maybe in bed by 8:30pm and up at 6:00am. But I guess he is just an early to rise/early to bed kind of kid. I guess the plus is being able to have more time in the evening with DH and also having an almost 3 yo that will still take a near 3 hour nap on weekend afternoons.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm right there with you! My LO goes to bed anywhere from 8:15 to 10:00 at night, and he wakes up between 5-5:45 nearly every.single.day.

• DD is up anywhere from 4:45-6:15 with 5:30 being on average. I wish she would sleep until at eat 6. She goes to bed around 7:30 on average. When she gets to bed later, it doesn't change how late she sleeps so we haven't messed w it.
  • Both of my kids are/were early risers. DS #1 woke up at 5:30am until around the time he turned 2, and now DD does the same.  I am hoping that she will start sleeping later.

Here are some things that have worked for us:

White noise machine

Room darkening shades

Try putting your LO to bed a little later.  You have to do it in 15 minute increments a d go very slowly or it will backfire and make your kid totally cranky (so try 7:45 bedtime for one whole week, then move to 8pm.  I would not go much later than 8pm)

GL! It totally sucks! DH and I take turns sleeping in on the weekends to survive 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • DS doesn't go to bed till 11-12 and he doesn't get up till 830a or 930a.  
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • That sucks :[  A lot of my friends have this problem.  Cole goes to bed at 7:30 or 8:30 at the latest and is up around 8.  I guess some kids just really like their sleep.  A couple of my friends kids are up at 5 every day.  I know one of them [at least used to] put the baby to bed at like 6:30 and the other let's the baby go to bed at like 8:30.  That suuuucks.  Hope it gets better! :/
    Little Man 1.8.11
    Freshie Girl 9.29.12
  • DS wakes up around 5:00-5:30 every single day for the last 2 months.  He's also been getting tooth after tooth though, so my theory is that he's so tired that he's able to sleep through the teething pain for the majority of the night.  But when early morning comes and he gets into a lighter sleep, it starts to bother him more and wakes him up.  Now whether that's actually the case, I have no idea, lol.  But it at least gives me hope that it will end at some point!

DD was also an early riser when she was younger, but now will sleep until 6:30-7 most days.

• Dd goes to bed at about 8:30 and is up between 7-8..usually closer to 8 on the weekends. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"