Georgia Babies
Options

Pregnant and Laid off

Hi I am twenty weeks pregnant I was recently laid off from a doctors off in Atlatna. I have been looking for a job but companies or not to willing to hire a pregnant lady. Although my husband is still working I am afraid of what is to come with the new baby coming. We also have a 3 year old son. I am looking for websites that will send free samples of baby items. I am also looking for consignment stores if you know of anything please let me know. Thanks

Re: Pregnant and Laid off

• Options

I'm sorry you were laid off. I know how stressful that is!! I would definitely file for unemployment. That will at least help pay for some things until you find another job. I have some powder formula you are welcome to have. I got 2 samples of similac sensitive and one of similac early shield.

Photobucket Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I'm so sorry.  I can't imagine how stressful this is.  When are you due?  Maybe you could find some part time opportunities until your new baby arrives?  If you plan to use formula then definitely go to their websites to sign up to get coupons.  Usually your OB and the pediatrician will also have samples they can give out.  Check out Rhea Lana's on Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/RheaLanasNorthAtlanta) they do big consignment sales.  I'm not sure where you are located but there is a consignment store called Once Upon a Child that is near me in Roswell.  They have clothes, high chairs, swings, strollers, etc.  I think they have other locations, too.

Good luck to you!  All I can say is hang in there.  It will all work out! 

Mommy to Abigail Elizabeth (11/4/11) and Brady Jasper (7/2/09)
    my blog
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I am so sorry that you are going thru this stress at this time....I have some baby boy clothes, a fairly used but still in good condition changing table, and formula samples that you are more than welcome to have.  Just pm me if you want any of it. All the best! 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Also, check out the Medicaid program specifically for Pregnant women. The income level is much higher then other programs so without your salary you at least might be able to get some help with medical expenses.
  • Options
    coko98coko98 member
    You should go apply for Pregnant Women Medicaid and while you are there also apply for WIC. WIC you get approved the same day you go apply, so make sure you ask what you need to bring when you go apply. They are normally located in your county health department. That way you get vouchers for free Gerber milk once you have the baby, make sure to call because I think they are by appointment only.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"