Babies: 0 - 3 Months

Stretch marks post pardom?????

WTF? has anyone been in the clear for stretch marks until later? I just noticed three little ones on my belly. I thought I was in the clear.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker

Re: Stretch marks post pardom?????

• Two days ago I noticed some on my belly that weren't there my entire pregnancy.  Boo.

\

DS #1 born 05/25/2012   
                                                         BFP#2:  06/12/2013 ---- loss

DS #2 born 4/08/2014
          BPF#4: 2/1/2016 --- 2/23/2016 suspected molar pregnancy--- 3/15/2016 D&E - diagnosis MM
                                                                   BFP#5 - 9/22/2016

* formally bornmommy

• imagebornmommy:
    Two days I noticed some on my belly that weren't there my entire pregnancy.  Boo.

How is this even possible!?!?!?!?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I didn't have any stretch marks when I was pregnant and thought I was in the clear....unfortunately once my son was born, I noticed a few purple lines on my stomach below my belly button.  I've been putting lotion on them every night and they seem to be getting a little lighter, but they are still visible.  Sad
  • Be glad it's only a few...mine looks like a battle field...I have stretch marks all over my stomach, my hip bones, and on the top of my vag...some are a half inch thick.  I never had a problem with stretch marks before I got pregnant (even being a bigger curvy girl) but there's no way my stomach will ever be at all smooth again.  it looks like this picture (since i don't have a picture of mine):

https://stretchmarkcream.me/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/stretch-marks.jpg

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Yep. I got all my stretch marks on my stomach after the baby was born. My stomach and thighs itched like crazy and 2 weeks later big ugly marks. 
  • imageEveamlizya:

Be glad it's only a few...mine looks like a battle field...I have stretch marks all over my stomach, my hip bones, and on the top of my vag...some are a half inch thick.  I never had a problem with stretch marks before I got pregnant (even being a bigger curvy girl) but there's no way my stomach will ever be at all smooth again.  it looks like this picture (since i don't have a picture of mine):

Me too! And boy am I glad to hear of someone else with the same crazy stretchmarks.  All my friends/family I've talked to look at me like I'm crazy that I have that many!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm in the same boat. I didn't show any signs during pregnancy, but afterwards I have these big ugly purple ones below my belly button to go along with my big ugly c-section scar and c-section pouch :( My friends say that's what happens when you deliver a toddler (my DD weighed 9 lbs 5 oz and was 23 inches long).
    Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageEveamlizya:

Be glad it's only a few...mine looks like a battle field...I have stretch marks all over my stomach, my hip bones, and on the top of my vag...some are a half inch thick.  I never had a problem with stretch marks before I got pregnant (even being a bigger curvy girl) but there's no way my stomach will ever be at all smooth again.  it looks like this picture (since i don't have a picture of mine):

Mine looks like this too - quit your complaining! 

A - 4/27/12     D - 7/14/14
  • k4slr6k4slr6 member
    Yep.  I had a few during pregnancy too.  I am ok with never showing my stomach again.  :) 
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    My /Chart; BFP 3/8/11 CP 3/16/11; 7/11 HSG & S/A both clear;
    Cycle 12~ 50 mg Clomid=BFP 9/9/11, Beta #1=280 & Beta #2=1513, 6w3d hb=122 bpm/ 8w2d hb=186 bpm/12w2d could not hear hb had a 3rd u/s and got to see the hb. 16w2d heard the hb! 156 bpm. A/S 1/3=girl
    <a href="http://www.thenest.com/?utm_source=ticker&utm_medium=HTML&utm_campaign=tickers" title="Home D
  • I got them too afterwards!  But I look at them as I earned my stripes!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I got them after...but not even on my stomach. They are on my butt. I never had any with DS.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageSukibaby05:
    I got them too afterwards!  But I look at them as I earned my stripes!

I call them my battle scars...I earned it!  After 39.5 weeks of pregnancy, 13.5 hours of labor, 2 epidurals, 1 spinal block, a c-section, and one 8 lb 9 oz baby girl later I think I earned every last one of them LOL. 

• is "pardom" slang for something? I can't find a definition. 
  • Same with me, but theres only three and they're barely noticeable so I can't whine. Since I've never gotten stretch marks from gaining weight, only losing it quickly, I'm not surprised. I mean your stomach goes down a lot faster than it got big (although not fast enough for me :p )
  • imageadussell7:
    Same with me, but theres only three and they're barely noticeable so I can't whine. Since I've never gotten stretch marks from gaining weight, only losing it quickly, I'm not surprised. I mean your stomach goes down a lot faster than it got big (although not fast enough for me :p )

This is exactly me, too. I didn't get then during pregnancy, but I figured they were coming for me after...

And sourgrapes, I think she meant "partum" 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• imagelebrale:
    imageEveamlizya:

Me too! And boy am I glad to hear of someone else with the same crazy stretchmarks.  All my friends/family I've talked to look at me like I'm crazy that I have that many!

I've got them from hip to hip right under my belly button. They started to pop up a couple weeks before I delivered. Up until' then, I had 2 stretch marks.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers imageimage
  • I had the same thing happen to me!
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • The person who commented: get over it can go to hell!  Stretch marks can emotionally affect a person post partom & beyond. Don't be a *** & ruin someone's ability to voice their opinion on a social support group like this!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"