3rd Trimester
Options

What exactly do contractions feel like?

I know this sounds silly but what exactly do contractions feel like. I am a FTM and have been up most of the night with super tention in my abdomen with sharp pains down near my pelvous. I am also having super bad back aches. Is this just BH or is this something i should keep an eye on and call the DR?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: What exactly do contractions feel like?

• Options
    i am wondering the same thing. I have had very intense period like cramps since last night. FEels like the worst period ever
  • Options

The best thing I can think of to describe them is like period cramps times a hundred. Make sure you time them and see if they get stronger. BH are irregular whereas real contractions are more reliable.

If you are really unsure it never hurts to call the doctor just to double check.

Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imagejersangl:
    i am wondering the same thing. I have had very intense period like cramps since last night. FEels like the worst period ever

Did you not have contractions last time around? 

If I were to take a guess, it sounds like you are definitely in labor at the moment.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    to me they felt like a vice grip squeezing my uterus.
  • Options
    For me a lot of my BH felt like labor contractions.  It wasn't until after I was in active labor with #1 was I able to tell right away that that's what my BH felt like most of the time!  Def keep an eye on it and see how often they are.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

sounds like back labor i had that with my first son. i thought contractions were all in the stomach and i was HUGE so i thought the back pain was normal because the baby was so big and i was so close to due. then my water broke and the back pain got alot worse so if you can call your doctor and have them look the workst thing they can do is say its no labor go home.

• Options
    MY first daughter was adopted. THis is my first pregnancy thats why I dont know anything. I know I should probably have some kind of ticker or thing explaining it
  • Options
    Sounds like you're in labor.  Time them (from when your stomach starts to get hard until the hardness ends) and call your Dr. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"