Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

Tell me about your baby carrier/wraps, please!

I used an ErgoBaby for my first son when he was 6+ months, but I'm wondering what other choices are out there. I have plenty of time to research (see ticker), but I can't stop thinking about them now. Which ones do you like? Moby? Something else?

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Re: Tell me about your baby carrier/wraps, please!

• Options
    we have a moby and I love it.  I didn't put her in it until she reached 7 lbs, it advises 8lbs, but she loves being in it and I can get stuff done around my house.  It has been a dream and my back doesn't hurt at all
    Aug 15 April Siggy challenge: Baby Shower fails:

BabyFetus Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options

I have a mei tai that I really like.  I could use it for her when she was a newborn as well.  I got mine from https://www.meitaibaby.com/ I liked all the fabric choices to choose from. 

ETA: sorry not clicky!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I really like the Moby.  I just came back from a food shopping trip with DD in it.  I also have a mei tai that a friend gave me but I haven't tried it yet.
  • Options

I have an Ergo that I just bought and LOVE it, DD is 6 weeks and we used it without the newborn insert and she loved it--fell right to sleep.

I also have a peanut shell sling--and hate it. It's so awkward and I feel like i have to keep my hands on her at all times. 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I have a Boba 3G and LOVE it. I got it because you can use it with a newborn without an insert so you aren;t adding extra fabric to make baby too hot. I have a Moby too, but I have not even taken it out with this baby because the Boba is just so much easier to handle. 
  • Options

I love my woven wraps, because unlike the moby you can use them well into toddlerhood, and you can wear LO on your front or back.

My siggy is LO in a front carry Vatanai wrap at about 12months. 

Elizabeth 5yrs old Jane 3yrs old

• Options

i have a moby, a ring sling (from sleeping baby productions), and an infantino mei tai.

i use the ring sling the most because it is the least complicated. i like the idea of the moby, but it's just SO HOT, plus i feel like it's too stretchy and i have to keep my hands on DD, which defeats the purpose (DD is not that into it either).
    the mei tai isn't bad, but i think i'll like it better when she is older and she can be legs out more comfortably.

• Options

I bought a ton of them because I got them at a hugely reduced price at a local consignment shop. My favorite is by far the Baby Bjorn (I have two different styles). I feel completely comfortable with my newborn in it. It is sooo easy to adjust and to get him in and out of. I use it when I do stuff around the house, go for walks, hit the mall, etc. Love it!!!

The moby is cool but I felt like I was suffocating him. Maybe when he gets bigger and has neck control I will try a different position.

I also have the Ergo but haven't used yet because I didn't want to buy the newborn insert when the Bjorn works just fine. I plan to use the Ergo when he's big enough. I like that it has a zipper so I can store stuff when I'm out and about.

Good luck!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"