May 2012 Moms

How much did you feed your LO at 4 weeks

Hi

I know every baby is different so I was wondering how much you were feeding your child at  a month.  Currently we are at 3 ounces but my mum think he should be drinking 4.  We feed him mostly every three hours or when he seems to be hungry.  

Thanks, Kelly

image Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: How much did you feed your LO at 4 weeks

• Is he formula or BM fed?  That can make a difference on how much they eat.  My LO, at 6 weeks, eats about 4-5 oz of BM but she only eats about 6-7 times a day.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageimageimageimage
  • i FM and pump, so the majority of it being formula.  i give him BM for "snacks" or as apitizer to bottle.
    image Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • k4slr6k4slr6 member
    She will have a 3 oz bottle once or twice a day, usually after a 4 hour stretch, and the rest of the time a 2 oz bottle every 2 hrs satifies her.  We are FFing. 
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    My /Chart; BFP 3/8/11 CP 3/16/11; 7/11 HSG & S/A both clear;
    Cycle 12~ 50 mg Clomid=BFP 9/9/11, Beta #1=280 & Beta #2=1513, 6w3d hb=122 bpm/ 8w2d hb=186 bpm/12w2d could not hear hb had a 3rd u/s and got to see the hb. 16w2d heard the hb! 156 bpm. A/S 1/3=girl
    <a href="http://www.thenest.com/?utm_source=ticker&utm_medium=HTML&utm_campaign=tickers" title="Home D
  • When I give her a bottle of pumped BM, it's 4 oz. and she always finishes it. Sometimes I think she could drink 5 oz.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Photobucket
  • We are EBF... since 4 weeks she has gotten 3.5oz 6x per day.  Just now are we seeing her want a little more, so we're bumping to 4oz feedings if she seems extra fussy.
    Due 12/20/11 ~ Lost our Muskrat at 9w2d
    4/25/12 ~ Our angel, Persephone James, is here!

• My LO just started wanting 4oz at 5 1/2 weeks, but she'll only eat that much at maybe one or two feedings a day, and only 3- 3 1/2 oz at her other feedings.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• So I think my little guy is a monster LOL....

I just read this board to see what I will be in store for and I can't help but pick my jaw up off the floor.

Our little (big) guy is eating 5oz right now and is just a little over 2weeks. I can only imagine how much he will be eating in 2weeks when he is a month old....

Can I just ask how much do your LO's weigh right now? 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker

• mine was a preemie so probably eats less than others but she rarely has 3 oz.  we measure in mL because she typically has anywhere between 40-80 (30 mL=1 oz).  babies should be fed when they're hungry until they're full - i don't think there is a magic number and you don't want to force more into them than they want or you'll get reflux and gas.  be sure you're burping enough too - if you burp often they might finish more.
    Preemie mom! Born 10 weeks early but Mommy and baby are both doing great!! BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"