Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months

"but you sat all day"

The last words of my husband....just kidding but I really did want to beat the crap out of him for that.

All 3 of us are sick, I'm at the point where I feel the worst, h and ds are feeling better. Yesterday I had to take ds to the pedi for a checkup, then I stopped at cvs and the grocery store, oh and I had to look for a tool for h at sears. Anyway, I left the house at 11:30am and didn't get back until after 5. After dinner and ds was cleaned up, I sat on the couch and said 'ahh it feels good to sit down' in which my h replied 'but you sat all day' are you  fuckingkiddingme!? Not only am I sick and run down to start, but ds cried almost the whole time we were out bc the pedi appt screwed up his nap time. I wanted  to knock him out. Ugh!

Sorry, stupid but I had to get it out! 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: "but you sat all day"

• I know how you feel. When DS was a infant, he cried all.the.time. and I was dealing with PPD so I was a hot mess. When H would leave for work in the morning, I would get upset b/c I was home all day with a crying baby and H would say "I would love to stay home and sit on my a** all day." It used to make me so angry b/c he had no clue what I was going through, he just thought I was being ridiculous.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Ugh. Are you kidding me?! Its easier to get up everyday and go to work than it is to be a stay at home mom all day.
  • Loading the player...
  • Wow. My husband is truly amazing. He says he thinks I have a harder day than him. Sometimes I have easy days. Some are hard. I'm thankful he gets it. He also cleans. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageMamatoA2010:
    Ugh. Are you kidding me?! Its easier to get up everyday and go to work than it is to be a stay at home mom all day.

So you're just going to do the same thing these jerk husbands do? Working is hard. Staying at home is hard. It's just hurtful to tell the other person they have it easy.  

• I didn't mean for it to come out that way. Its just my personal opinion that staying at home is hard. I've never had it the other way, always have been a SAHM. I'm sure both are equally hard. No hard feelings.
  • I've done both. They are both hard. The one thing about being a stay at home mom that really bothers me is that my H doesn't think it is hard or even respect worthy. But that is more a reflection on him than anything else. Sorry your husband doesn't get it either. 

Siggy Badges

BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Since it's "so easy" then maybe you should let him take a crack at doing all of that one day. I've had DH take LO to the Pedi. He knows it's not easy and he never wants to do it again lol. Once they're toddlers it's kind of hard to take them anywhere, so errands become 20 times harder.

It really angers me when men don't have respect for the hard work that SAHM's do all day. Working mom or SAHM, you never really get a break. No matter what, you are on call 24/7 for the rest of your life. Even when they turn 18, they still need you and still call upon you. I know I called my mom a lot and asked for advice when I was 18 and I know she still worried about me because I just decided to move out with a guy (now DH) that she didn't even know.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • imageMamatoA2010:
    Ugh. Are you kidding me?! Its easier to get up everyday and go to work than it is to be a stay at home mom all day.

I agree! My husband found this out last week though! I went to Nashville for 6 days and he was home with the boys. He gets it now lol 

• I personally think it is harder to SAH and I have done both. But then again, it is my preference to work so of course that will skew it. MH agrees that it is harder to SAH and always jokes that weekends tire him out a lot more than the work week most weeks. I would be totally annoyed by that comment also OP!
  • I've been home at times with DS and I have worked outside the home. It's tough either way, working outside the house or in it.  It's all work!  

DS woke up at 5:45 this morning and I had him until 9:00 when he went to Children's Day Out at the church where I work. I dropped him off, and went upstairs to work. 

I'll get home at 5:00 and will need to cook dinner, do laundry and dishes, clean, etc. DS will need dinner, diapers, stories, a bath, etc. I *should* exercise, walk the dog, organize my kitchen counter, and a host of other things that won't get done.  I have a wonderful DH who definitely does his fair share, but there are things that only I do, and there are enough chores for everyone.

If I was home with DS, I could probably do at least 1 or 2 of the important things (throw a load of laudry in or go through my mail) while DS napped.  I could take him on errands or to the grocery store. But, it will all be waiting for me since I work outside the home. 

• Staying at home with a child is much harder than my job, but I know I dont have the same job as everyone or the same kid, so I would never put down anyone else's situation. But my job involves sitting in front of a computer in a conference room all day...like now, im on my lunch on The Bump haha The opposite is being home on weekends with my son, who I adore - dont get me wrong, but he is knee-deep in the Terrible Two's at only 20 months, he wakes up FULL OF ENERGY and ready to go before 8am and its non-stop all day, cleaning up after him, digging things out of the toilet he threw in there, digging things out his mouth, him breaking things..and he's found a new friend--the temper tantrum and has taken a stance against naps. SO I totally understand a mom's job and I would never claim that they 'sit on their ass all day'....I think men imagine its all finger-paints and baking cupcakes, watching spongebob and going on sunny walks in the stroller and IT IS NOT! I love being a mommy and I love my son TO DEATH but mommy definitely appreciates her time at work while he gets alllll his energy out in daycare with other kids his age and people who specialize and who are paid to be around them all day..at least while he's in this exhausting stage haha .....just my opinion, no offense meant. :)

• DH felt the same way while I was on maternity leave and he just didn't get it. I went back to work, and then DH got out of school for the summer (he's a teacher) so he got to be a SAHD for the summer and he REALLY understood where I was coming from after that. He has never given me crap since then.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BFP # 1 - 12/19/09 EDD 08/27/10 - D&C 1/26/10 @ 9w5d

BFP # 2 - 06/05/10 EDD 02/17/11, DS1 born on 2/14/11

BFP # 3 - 04/10/13 EDD 12/21/13 - D&C 05/15/13 @ 8w4d

BFP # 4 - 07/27/13 EDD 04/08/14 - CP 07/29/13

BFP # 5 - 09/14/13 EDD 05/28/14, DS2 born on 5/22/14 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"