Breastfeeding

The hard decision

Despite my determination we decided to just formula feed. Yesterday afternoon I noticed blood in LOs diaper and we rushed to the hospital. DH has a history with kidney problems to which he had to have a transplant a year ago, so it was something that we really didn't want to over look. When we got there they said he was very dehydrated and it was in fact blood, not the uric stuff, and to follow up with his physician this morning.

I feel very upset that I'm not able to give him what he needs but going through this change of mind with my first and seeing how well LO is now makes me feel a little bit better.

Only thing now is my boobs are swollen and leaking and hurt like hell. Could this be my actual milk coming in? Could I pump it and still have enough even though he is on formula now? I know these questions should be to a doctor but I like to hear personal opinions.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: The hard decision

• Just because you gave him formula to help him when he needed it does not mean you cannot BF now if you want to. Try latching him on and see what happens or pump and bottle feed if you prefer.  

I hope he is feeling much better soon. That must have been very scary! 

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

• The same thing happened to one of my mom's coworkers.  She pumped and she mixed the breastmilk with LO's formla bottles.  
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Your milk is probably coming in, you can always try to breastfeed now if you want to. 
  • imagepepomntpat:

Just because you gave him formula to help him when he needed it does not mean you cannot BF now if you want to. Try latching him on and see what happens or pump and bottle feed if you prefer.  

I hope he is feeling much better soon. That must have been very scary! 

Yes 

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Eleanor Noelle - 18/05/12 Claire Elisabeth - 16/-5/10
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"