3rd Trimester

FTM also having contractions and need advice

I've been having contractions every 8.5min apart, lasting about 50-60sec each for almost 2 days now.  At first, they were ok, just slight twinges.  Now I have to grit my teeth and remember to breath through each.  They just won't get closer together, and I don't know what to do.  I either need to get them closer, or get them to be less painful.  I'm scheduled for an induction tomorrow morning, so either way, it will end soon.  But the thought of one more whole day of this makes me cry.
TTC#1 since 3/11                    TTC#2 since 4/13
Dx PCOS, Anovulatory 4/11     4/13-7/13 - Clomid 50mg
8/11- 9/11- Clomid 100mg         BFP! 8/13
It's a Girl! 06/17/12                   Due Date- 05/02/14

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: FTM also having contractions and need advice

• Call the doctor?
  • imagesassafras007:
    Call the doctor?

That,

And walk around, sit on a "labor ball", etc. Keep moving.  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • imagesassafras007:
    Call the doctor?

This.

• I feel for you! I am 40 weeks and starting to feel contractions...but they are too far apart to go to the hospital.  It's so frustrating! I just wanna meet my baby boy!  I am trying to walk and use my birthing ball as much as possible (and clean up around the house because I heard that helps).  If yours are getting too painful though, don't be afraid to call and just talk to the Dr. about it.  It doesn't mean you have to go to the hospital right away, but it may reassure you! Good luck, I hope your LO comes soon!
  • imageShelbehhRawrr:

imagesassafras007:
    Call the doctor?

This.

And exagerrate just a little on the pain level.  I found from my first two, drs and nurses in l&d are used to pain - it's their everyday.  Ask and maybe you can at least get a pain reliever pill to help you get a good sleep!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyName Ticker
  • im quite young being 15 and being a mom already, but  i would suggest you to just go in to the ER.. i had a similar case tuesday started at around 7 p.m but i could still talk and walk through them.. at around 11 p.m as we were getting ready to sleep they started again we timed them and they were from 8-11 mins apart. at around 1 a.m on wednesday i finally told my mom to take me in so she did. At the hospital they were monitoring them and they were 5-8 mins apart 0cm dilated :/  at around 8a.m when the nurse checked me again i was 5cm dilated she said she'd call the doctor and let him know. doctor came in at around 11 broke my water and my contractions got 2-3 mins apart. i only got pain medicine which made me feel funny but my baby was born at 6:49p.m((:

good luck, wish you the best 

• My answer to everything: acupuncture! (seriously...something to consider)
    imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • JoJo42JoJo42 member
    Thank you all for the advice!  I decided to go for a long walk around the mall, and was only able to get them down to 7.5min.  However, they became too painful to walk/talk through them, so we called it in.  I was at 4cm, and somehow at 5min apart (thankfully), so they kept me :). No induction for this baby!
    TTC#1 since 3/11                    TTC#2 since 4/13
    Dx PCOS, Anovulatory 4/11     4/13-7/13 - Clomid 50mg
    8/11- 9/11- Clomid 100mg         BFP! 8/13
    It's a Girl! 06/17/12                   Due Date- 05/02/14

BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"