C-sections

pediatrician visit

when did you go to the pediatrician for the first time out of the hospital?

tia. 

Re: pediatrician visit

• Kie310Kie310 member
    2 days. That trip was a pain because I still hurt a lot from the c/s. But my husband drove (obviously, no driving for 2 weeks after the c/s) and it was nice to get outa the house for an hour.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We were discharged from the hospital on a Thursday and saw the pediatrician on Friday.  DH drove (although he had gone in to work for a few minutes, and I almost left without him since he was taking his sweet time & I didn't want to be late, LOL).  Generally, the pediatrician will want to see the baby on the first business day after you're out of the hospital.
  • Loading the player...
  • 2 days after we were discharged from the hospital.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • eav2ceav2c member
    Three days.
  • 3 days after. The original apointment was for a week after but the baby was jaundice. We were released late friday night from the hospital and went to the dr first thing tuesday morning.

• 2 days
    DD (8/12/09), DD (2/8/11)
    BFP 12/16/14| EDD 8/19/15 |MMC 1/15/15 (9 weeks 1 day)
  • It was the 2nd or 3rd day with both my boys. Our pedi doesn't come to the hospital we use for deliever so we have to see the on-call pedi at the hospital. After getting out we have to go one of the first few days so our pedi can look him over.
    BFP 12/23/07, M/C 1/25/08 Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imageDaisy22:
    It was the 2nd or 3rd day with both my boys. Our pedi doesn't come to the hospital we use for deliever so we have to see the on-call pedi at the hospital. After getting out we have to go one of the first few days so our pedi can look him over.

This. 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Visit The Nest!
  • 5 days. Kinda sucked because I was still sore and slow.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • This will really depend on when your baby is technically discharged from the hospital and how the baby is doing health wise.

I worked for a pediatric practice for quite some time and we typically were told to schedule newborns 2-3 days after discharge day. The pediatrician specifically told the family to come in earlier if the baby needed special attention to bili levels, blood sugars or weight. Sometimes if a baby was doing fantastic, it would be 4-5 days after discharge, but never later if it could be helped.

Mama to Mason (7) and Asher the Crasher (3).
    Married to Topher (10 years). 32 years young in Oklahoma.

• 2 days after discharge.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • 2 days.  It was just a weight check though.  So we just saw the nurse, she weighed DD, and we were able to ask questions if we wanted. 
    BFP #1 August 2007, Lost Nov 2007, no heartbeat found at anatomy ultrasound at 19 wks
    BFP #2 March 2011, Baby Girl born November 2011!!!
  • Discharged on Friday, went to Pedi Monday morning. 
    After TTC with IR PCOS:
    April 2011: Metformin 1500mg + Clomid 100mg + Ovidrel + Prometrium = BFP!
    Beta #1 at 14DPO: 197 Beta #2 at 18DPO: 1296
    At 40w6d, our Team Green surprise came by unplanned C-section and changed our lives forever!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Two days. I remember having a hard time getting around, and one of the nurses asked me what was wrong, as if she had never heard of anyone struggling after a birth before. It really annoyed me. 

• MrsSRMrsSR member
    The day after we were released.  DD was losing a ton of weight....
  • My c-section was on a Tuesday, I was discharged on Saturday and their first appt was on Monday. The twins were evaluated by the pediatricians each day that we were in the hospital.
                                                 Rainbow - Married - 5/31/03
                                               Christian Alexander - 11/13/06
                                        Amelia Rose & Owen Thomas - 3/29/11

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie - (eGB2)
    Be The Match - and help save a life by signing up for the National Marrow Donor Program.
  • We went for our LO's 1 week appt, so it was 4 days after I got home.  I was still a little sore but with my DH with me, it went fine.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickersimageimageimage
  • With DS, it was two or three days later - they like to see them around a week old. 

With DD it was the very next day, so also at a week old, but she had been in the NICU for the first 6 days (unrelated to the c/s). 

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    fka +diana+
  • we disharged on sunday afternoon when LO was 2 days old and I think we had to go to the pedi on tuesday or wednesday. they just checked his jaundice levels and weight check.
    Team Pink! Baby Girl due 8.2.15
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"