May 2012 Moms

Holy Weight Loss Batman!

I went in for my 2w postpartum check up, and I've lost 27lbs! I gained 30 excluding an 8lbs weight loss at the beginning. I'm below my prepregnant weight, and I've got 3lbs to go. I'm kind of shocked and a little worried. I'm starting to think maybe I was borderline preeclampsic. Especially when you factor in how high my BP went during and after L&D. (165/98 at its highest during labor, 154/95 after for about a day.)

With DD, I was 19. I gained 38lbs, and lost 25...I guess being older and fatter has its advantages. Then again, it could have to do with me actually having energy again.  I'm used to being active. With my little man, he sucked it all out of me.

Re: Holy Weight Loss Batman!

• Woah. Jealous 

I gained 33lbs, and I'm down 15... And haven't lost any since like 2 weeks PP 

Congrats :) 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Thats awesome, me and the scale aren't speaking I don't want to know yet, im scared it wont say what I want it too. 
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Way to go!

If I'd only gained 30 like I wanted to, I'd be right there. However, I gained 50, so 20 to go. :( Oh well, at least it seems to be coming off easier and faster than with DD1.

• A GD diagnosis kept me from gaining much....10 pounds total and dd was 8lbs 9 oz. At my 2w I was below my pre-preg weight by 19 pounds. So I lost 30 pounds after having her. I am happy to be on my way to getting to my goal but still have a ways to go. 

I just wish I didnt need to lose another 45 to be happy wih myself :/ 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • k4slr6k4slr6 member
    Isn't it nice??  I lost 25 lbs in the first 2 weeks.  I had gained 17 with LO, but was considered 30 lbs overweight from the beginning.  I would like to lose 20 more but nothing has come off since.  I guess I need to be carefull so I don't gain it back!
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    My /Chart; BFP 3/8/11 CP 3/16/11; 7/11 HSG & S/A both clear;
    Cycle 12~ 50 mg Clomid=BFP 9/9/11, Beta #1=280 & Beta #2=1513, 6w3d hb=122 bpm/ 8w2d hb=186 bpm/12w2d could not hear hb had a 3rd u/s and got to see the hb. 16w2d heard the hb! 156 bpm. A/S 1/3=girl
    <a href="http://www.thenest.com/?utm_source=ticker&utm_medium=HTML&utm_campaign=tickers" title="Home D
  • That is amazing! I'm 6 weeks PP, I gained over 50 and have only lost 30 so far.
  • isnt giving birth the best diet ever? at 9 days PP I was down 30lbs and back in pre preg jeans. Ive lost 10 more since then.

married 9/2010
    DS1 11/2010 (angel)
    DS2 5/2012
    DS3 4/2015
    New baby 6/2020
  • Congrats!

I actually lost 10lbs during pregnancy and then another 22 after DS was born so I'm 30lbs under my pre pregnancy weight.  I'm taking advantage of the head start and going to get more off! 

• I lost 30 lbs too... although I gained 40.

A lot of mine was water though... I left the hospital down 15 lbs, and then peed out another 15 within 3 days. Of my remaining 10 lbs, I've convinced myself that half of it is boob weight... that's my story and I'm sticking to it :)

• Thats amazing. I love it now just waiting to get to the gym to tone up again. I gained 60lbs and am 8days pp and already lost 30lbs :)
  • Awesome, congratulations!

I was down 24 of the 25 pounds I gained during pregnancy at 2 wks pp. I'm BF'ing though so I think that's a few pounds extra I'm carrying around. The before & after photos that we took show the difference. holy moly. I was so swollen in my legs, feet & face. I'm anxious to get back to the gym, but I'm only 3 wks pp now... my arms are so jiggly! ewwww 

+ 6/1/11, due 2/12/12. natural m/c @ 8wks
    + 9/3/11, due May 2012. overdue baby born healthy!
    + 8/3/15, natural m/c @ 5wks
    + 1/4/16, due 9/14/16

Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • I weigh 10 lbs LESS now than I did before I got pregnant. I've lost a lot of weight, very quickly.  My midwife was actually concerned because my LO wasn't gaining a lot of weight and she thought it had something to do with my rapid wight loss and she's actually put me on a high-fat diet until LO's weight gain is better.

I actually need to go buy new jeans because all my PP ones are too big.

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Eleanor Noelle - 18/05/12 Claire Elisabeth - 16/-5/10
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"