Health & Exercise

Recommend workout video!

I really want to get back into shape, but life has been so hectic with work, family, and baby. I used to be very active, but unfortunately stopped working out shortly before I got pregnant and now I'm out of shape! I used to be a dancer (ballet, mostly) and also took yoga, which I really enjoyed. I would LOVE to get back into it, but we're a little short on money so I'm not sure I'm ready to commit to paying for classes. I think my best option would be to find a workout video that I can do in my home. 

Any recommendations? If you've used a workout video (P90X, Insanity, something else), please tell us your experiences - good or bad! Thanks in advance. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Recommend workout video!

• Both my husband and I used Insanity with amazing results. I didn't have a lot to lose but I see a HUGE difference with him. The videos are VERY hard though... like VERY hard I find. Also, some of the later videos are over an hour which I find hard to coordinate with a new baby. Sometimes we put her in her exercauser and she thinks she's exercising too ... it does come with a 20 minute workout video too though which is really good. Another one my husband borrowed from someone at work (we haven't done it yet) is called 10 minute trainer... maybe check some reviews on that one because something like that would probably be easier with a baby.

DD born Oct 2011 - DS#1 born Jan 2014 - DS#2 born Apr 2015 - DS#3 born Sept 2016 - LO#5 due Feb 7, 2018

• The Jillian Michael's DVDs are great and I usually wait till they go on sale at Target (typically around $10-12) before I buy a new one.  My favorite is the 30 Day Shread.  It has 3 levels so if you are out of shape the first level is a good challenge.  My husband and I did P90X and I was not a fan.  He had really great results (weight loss and great toning) but I did not like the hour (sometimes more) per day that I had to devote to it.  Plus it was Alot of pull ups and push ups which are not enjoyable for me.  I have heard great things about the Insanity program and would like to try it in the future. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 0015-1
  • Loading the player...
  • I have the Nike Fitness Club app on my phone and I love it. It has a bunch of 15-20 minute workouts and they are challenging. I would rather do a couple of those throughout the day when you get a few minutes than 30 minutes straight of Jillian. 

Me:27, DH:28 - DX: MFI, varicocele repair Nov 2011 
    Post-Op SA: Count- 15 million, Motility- 75%, Morphology- 3% 
    IVF with ICSI - Stimming 10/4/12 - 10/13/12, Lupron Trigger
    ER 10/18/1212 eggs retrieved, 8 mature, 5 fertilized
    5 day transfer 10/23/12, 3 frosties
    Beta #1 11/5/12: 453, Beta #2 11/7/12: 1,013, DD born 7/19/13
  • I LOVE Physique 57. I think as a former dancer you will really like it too. It's really helped me regain my pre-baby body and I gained a ridiculous amount of weight while pregnant. I now weigh 109 pounds (was 120 pre-preg) and a 00/0. I had a c-section and the abs section really helped my stomach. I have zero muffin top now. I do it in combination with running.
  • I've lost all my weight through DVD programs and our treadmill.  I get up at 5 AM to work out, but my kids are a little older.  When they were younger, it was the exersaucer or swing while I worked out.

I've done Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred (liked a lot), Bob Harper (I like him a lot but saw no results- great yoga DVD though), but my favorite so far is Chalean Extreme by Beach Body.  I'm going to do Insanity or Turbo Fire next.   I also recommend Lindsay Brin's DVDs if you're baby is young.  Great stuff for right after having a baby.

Good luck! 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
      Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • LOVE insanity and brazil butt lift!!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• imagekhbe14:

The Jillian Michael's DVDs are great and I usually wait till they go on sale at Target (typically around $10-12) before I buy a new one.  My favorite is the 30 Day Shread.  It has 3 levels so if you are out of shape the first level is a good challenge.  My husband and I did P90X and I was not a fan.  He had really great results (weight loss and great toning) but I did not like the hour (sometimes more) per day that I had to devote to it.  Plus it was Alot of pull ups and push ups which are not enjoyable for me.  I have heard great things about the Insanity program and would like to try it in the future. 

I have heard great things about the Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred. That will be on my shopping list after delivery :)

• imageladreckman:
    imagekhbe14:

The Jillian Michael's DVDs are great and I usually wait till they go on sale at Target (typically around $10-12) before I buy a new one.  My favorite is the 30 Day Shread.  It has 3 levels so if you are out of shape the first level is a good challenge.  My husband and I did P90X and I was not a fan.  He had really great results (weight loss and great toning) but I did not like the hour (sometimes more) per day that I had to devote to it.  Plus it was Alot of pull ups and push ups which are not enjoyable for me.  I have heard great things about the Insanity program and would like to try it in the future. 

I have heard great things about the Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred. That will be on my shopping list after delivery :)

Hey, I was wondering the same thing, and I went on Amazon to get the video.  You can actually download the 30-day-shred for $5!  I just did it.  You can watch directly from the Amazon site. 

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    MC #1- Jamie George 6/7/08, MC #2- Christian Aaron 1/15/09

BFP! 3/25/09 BETA 1 (4/7/09) -# 9659 BETA 2 (4/10/09) - # 19171 Born 12/6/09 - Our precious girl.

MC #3- Ashley Grace 2/15/11, MC #4- Amelia Noel 12/30/11
    MC #5- Antonio 9/8/12

BFP! 10/6/12
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Maybe you could start with one that incorporates your dance interest.  That would help keep you motivated.  :)
  • Jillian Michaels 30 day shred! It is only 20 minutes & really gives great results!!!! Im on my second round of it :)

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickersimage

Natural M/C at 7 weeks 9.17.08 Natural M/C at 7 weeks 2.1.13

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"