October 2012 Moms

Trying to decide when to do my elective 3D u/s

I think I may have asked a while back but maybe more people are thinking about it now.

I am thinking around 29-30 weeks. It sounds like that is when you can still see a lot of the baby but the features are more developed. 

When will you get yours? 

DD 9/15/12

Re: Trying to decide when to do my elective 3D u/s

• i'm not having one but i have always heard around 28 weeks is the sweet spot:-)
  • I am not doing one but my doc said the best ones are from 28-31 weeks. Any earlier and they are still really skinny and any later, they are too big to get good pictures. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • This is not very MM, lol!  Make sure you do it before they open their eyes.  I've heard if you do it too late they look creeeeepy.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • The place I'm going to recommends 28-33 weeks. Same reason as what the PP said.
  • We plan to do it between 28 and 30 weeks
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageThe_Jen626:
    This is not very MM, lol!  Make sure you do it before they open their eyes.  I've heard if you do it too late they look creeeeepy.

That's why I have to post here :) 

DD 9/15/12
  • I was going to post this as well. Sounds like 28 weeks is the consensus.
    Birthday

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I'm doing mine at 25 weeks. The place I'm going to said anytime between 25 and 30 weeks was ideal.
    BabyName Ticker
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    TTTC for 6 years. Me:RPL,DH:MFI motility and numbers
    March 2010 IVF#1- BFP born 11.29.10, became an angel 04.12.11
    June 2011 FET#1- BFN
    July 2011 FET#2- BFP, MC at 5 wks
    January 2012 IVF#2- BFP, EDD moved to Oct 5th
    It's a girl!
  • I also heard that 28 weeks was ideal
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • With DD I went at 31 weeks and got a few really great pictures.  They tried for 45 mins but she really wasn't cooperating - so we got to go back (for free!) the following week - where we got to see her for another hour and got some more great pictures.  I've scheduled mine this time for 30 weeks because that is what worked best with everyone's schedule that we were inviting.
    DD1 - 08.10
    DD2 - 10.12
       #3 - 04.15
  • We will be getting ours at 28 weeks. Our 3D/4D office stated 23-27 weeks is best if you want wide shots of the baby's body and 28-33 weeks is best for facial features. It also is the best time for us to go because we will have family in town that weekend and will be able to bring our DVD video of the u/s home to show them!

• We got a "test" 3D/4D at 14w. She recommended that we come back around 8-9 months for better pictures. I honestly won't go that close to the end because it seems like a waste of money...I'm going to see my baby in a few weeks anyways so why spend all that money????

I will invest in Newborn and Maternity photos instead.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"