3rd Trimester

Breast Pump Brands?

I'm just wondering on what breast pumps you all have enjoyed/used in the past. And why?
Trying to register and make a final decision!!!

[Poll]

Re: Breast Pump Brands?

• I haven't used it yet, but I got the Ameda b/c it is a closed system and was significantly cheaper then the Medela, but highly rated by baby bargains.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagewheelerc:
    I am a FTM, but all of the research I did pointed to the Medela or the Ameda.

Yes

I will be purchasing the Medela Freestyle if I do not receive it as a gift. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • kelnyckelnyc member
    I got the Avent electric duo because it is a closed system, lightweight, quiet and was on sale! I originally wanted the Medela PISA, but it's pretty pricey and heavier and louder. I did test them both out , but once I saw the sale for the Avent for $160, I couldn't pass it up. It also didn't hurt that I got the recommendation for the Avent from 2 different friends who have twins and love theirs. I will be SAH until at least January, so it won't be heavily used before then (ideally) if that makes a difference.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers 
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers 
    After 22 cycles and 4 failed IUIs, Serafina joined our family through IVF/ICSI, born 8.28.12
    Our surprise baby, Juliette, is due 12.8.14!

• You forgot Ameda. I have the Purely Yours.

Elizabeth Grace 11.20.05 Nora June 7.15.08 Beatrix Catherine 9.4.12
  • I am a FTM but I questioned all of my coworkers who breast fed and the women that helped us with our registry and if we didn't get the Medela our 2nd choice was going to be Avent but the lady at Babies R Us told us they have mixed reviews on that brand because the motor generally tends to go out on that brand. They highly suggested the Medela
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My favorite isn't on there - Ameda Purely Yours.

Used it for 14 months last time and will be using it again with this LO. Loved it.

• kelnyckelnyc member

imagebrittany&dain:
    I am a FTM but I questioned all of my coworkers who breast fed and the women that helped us with our registry and if we didn't get the Medela our 2nd choice was going to be Avent but the lady at Babies R Us told us they have mixed reviews on that brand because the motor generally tends to go out on that brand. They highly suggested the Medela

Of course they did, it costs more! Wink  FWIW, Avent is known for excellent customer service. If you read reviews online and check Baby Bargains, the Avent is certainly comparable to other popular brands.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers 
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers 
    After 22 cycles and 4 failed IUIs, Serafina joined our family through IVF/ICSI, born 8.28.12
    Our surprise baby, Juliette, is due 12.8.14!

• I have a Medela PISA which I used for 11 months with my daughter and I'm now on month 3 with my son...it's still works great and gets the job done.  No complaints.
  • I'm going with the Ameda Purely Yours if all goes well with my milk coming in (I'll be renting first).
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • medela pump in style breast pump!.. Recommended to me by my SIL who's an ob/gyn... :)
  • thank you all for your input. i hadnt even heard of ameda before. this is very helpful
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"