Breastfeeding

Pump/Bottle Selections

HELP!
Trying to do my registries and I'm up to my ears in all the decisions. Definitely want to avoid formula. So, I've decided I want to try out the pump.

What brand would you recommend?

Any experiences that are an absolute NO for some brands?

Also, what bottles would you recommend for baby?

Re: Pump/Bottle Selections

• I had to pump immediately and my PISA worked well.  When we had to give bottles we used Dr. Brown with the preemie nipple since they are a slower flow than the level one nipples.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • we use ameda pump and dr brown bottles

image image image Emily and Dan 03-15-2008 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • We are using the Tommee Tippee and they are working great so far. They have a few different kinds but we have the ones for sensitive tummies.
  • Ameda Purely Yours Ultra pump and Avent bottles.

Both have worked great for me and DS.  My advice would be to try a simple bottle, like Avent, before moving on to something more complicated like Dr. Browns.  Save yourself the hassle of washing extra parts if you don't need to.

Also, keep in mind that if you are EBF, you probably won't use a bottle at least for the first month until BFing is well established.  At that point you can do try trial and error if you need to figure out what works best for your baby.  We didn't really use bottles until I went back to work at 12 weeks (aside from the occassional bottle to make sure DS was okay with it)

DS 11.24.11
    MMC 3.30.16
  • I used the Medela pump and Medela and Nuk bottles. DS did not like the Tommee Tippee bottles. You might need to try a few different brands of bottles to see what our LO will like best.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"