Dads & Dads-to-be

so, what do you REALLY want for father's day?

we've all heard of the lame tie, or the 'kiss the cook' apron, but we know that's not what you really want. whenever i ask my husband what he wants, he just says i don't have to get him anything. but i can't very well get him nothing when he spoiled me on mother's day. our son is five months old and we're on a VERY low budget, i'm sorry to say, but he's not very easy to please. help :(
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: so, what do you REALLY want for father's day?

• Mommy165Mommy165 member
    edited June 2014
    SPAM

As for my husband, we are taking 3 photos each one with a D-A-D letter from Michaels that my son painted. 

• Loading the player...
  • imageMommy165:

As for my husband, we are taking 3 photos each one with a D-A-D letter from Michaels that my son painted. 

Our son is only five months old, so painting is a little out the question, haha. But I do like this idea a lot! Maybe I could just have him hold some blocks with the letters on them. Thank you for the idea, I'm definitely stealing it!

• Once the kids are old enough, I think most dads probably just want mom to help the kids make dad a gift, be it a card or drawing or whatever. Obviously a baby can't really contribute there.

Right now, all I really want (that I don't get enough of) are free time, sleep, and physical intimacy with my wife. A very low budget gift could be a handwritten card or note telling your husband what you love about him and what you appreciate about him as a dad, letting him sleep in, breakfast in bed or in front of the tv watching sports or whatever, volunteering to take care of all the diaper duty and other less fun parenting tasks, perhaps giving dad a few hours in the afternoon to do whatever HE wants to do (perhaps while taking LO to visit your own father?), a nice home cooked dinner, and ending the day by satisfying his manly needs in whatever way you see fit once LO is asleep. Not saying you'd have to do all those things, but they're all wonderful gestures and not expensive.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BhqjipgCIAAOz7H.jpg
    -My son was born in April 2012. He pretty much rules.
  • for those wanting to get something 'fun' adameve.com has a promo code of 'babe2' and you get half one an item and free shipping and 3 dvds and a random free gift. its a good deal if theres something on there he wants/would use. ive used it multiple times as a guest. 
  • Pinterest has some good ideas. I like to make personalized items such as mouse pad for DH's work with pic of him and DS on it, or playing cards with pic of DS on back of each card (DH loves poker), or a personalized card... you can find some good deals on shutterfly.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

BFP#1 on 02/14/09 BIRTH to Mason 6lb9oz on 10/12/09

BFP#2 on 5/28/11 EDD 2/1/12 Natural M/C on 6/13/11

BFP#3 on 1/20/12 EDD 9/30/12 Natural m/c on 1/27/12

BFP#4 on 4/23/12 BIRTH to Isabella 7lb1oz on 12/19/12

• My wife and I are expecting our 1st child in November so I technically won't be a dad this Father's day but, I am like your husband.  When my wife asks me what I want for B-day,Christmas or any other holiday, I say not to get me anything...and I mean it.  I am not a fan of getting gifts.  I prefer to give than get.  As weird as it sounds, I do not feel comfortable getting presents.  
  • imageiWesleyd08:
    for those wanting to get something 'fun' adameve.com has a promo code of 'babe2' and you get half one an item and free shipping and 3 dvds and a random free gift. its a good deal if theres something on there he wants/would use. ive used it multiple times as a guest. 

i will check this out, thank you for the suggestion and the promo code.

• imageLuckyDad:

Once the kids are old enough, I think most dads probably just want mom to help the kids make dad a gift, be it a card or drawing or whatever. Obviously a baby can't really contribute there.

Right now, all I really want (that I don't get enough of) are free time, sleep, and physical intimacy with my wife. A very low budget gift could be a handwritten card or note telling your husband what you love about him and what you appreciate about him as a dad, letting him sleep in, breakfast in bed or in front of the tv watching sports or whatever, volunteering to take care of all the diaper duty and other less fun parenting tasks, perhaps giving dad a few hours in the afternoon to do whatever HE wants to do (perhaps while taking LO to visit your own father?), a nice home cooked dinner, and ending the day by satisfying his manly needs in whatever way you see fit once LO is asleep. Not saying you'd have to do all those things, but they're all wonderful gestures and not expensive.

I planned on doing all of these things, actually LOL. I just wanted to get him something that he can actually look at every day and think of his first father's day. I write him love notes regularly, so this wouldn't be much of a novelty. I do appreciate your input though, I can't usually get men to answer me. Thank you!

• If he's really into the pregnancy (and if he didn't already have one on his desk like I had) a picture of the sonogram in a nice frame with 'I love you Daddy!' on it would be cute.

Some guys like to hang out with their buddies? Tell him he doesn't have to spend the whole day with you that he can go grab a beer and maybe watch the US Open with his buddies.

I personally would love a shoulder rub. Being the sole provider is tough on a dad (or dad-to-be) so anything that could potentially relieve any stress is a good thing.

Hope this helps.

• What I want is to sleep in, Play games in peace, and have an ice cold case of beer.

• A new truck. Unfortunately, I know that The Wife is too sensible to get one fully loaded like I really want, so I would not want her to get that for me.

So instead, a quiet afternoon, some good beer, and letting me know she is cool with me playing in my hockey league again this summer.

And nobody is going to turn down a BJ. Just sayin'.

• I am getting a grill for my DH. We are in need of a new one and I thought perfect Idea. Not really sure what tight money is but this may or may not be out of our budget

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"