Babies: 3 - 6 Months

"How old is he?"

A few days ago my mom's friend came to see my 5 month old for the first time.  She kept commenting on how strong he is, which is true, he can get into a sitting position by himself, roll around, scoot himself around the room, etc.  So then she asked how old he was and I said "he's 5 months."  She said "5 months....or closer to 6 months?" and I thought about it and said "No, almost 5 and a half months" and she said "Yeah so almost 6 months then."

Ummm....ok.  His birthday is the 19th, it was the 30th.  5 months and 11 days.  But the main point is, who cares?  I wasn't bragging about him, I didn't say anything about him in fact.  It's like she wanted to point out to me that he wasn't really as great as he seemed.  People are bizarre.  Sure lady, he's almost 6 months.  In fact, he's almost 10 months.  Just 4.5 months away.

Re: "How old is he?"

• imageRA1109:

A few days ago my mom's friend came to see my 5 month old for the first time.  She kept commenting on how strong he is, which is true, he can get into a sitting position by himself, roll around, scoot himself around the room, etc.  So then she asked how old he was and I said "he's 5 months."  She said "5 months....or closer to 6 months?" and I thought about it and said "No, almost 5 and a half months" and she said "Yeah so almost 6 months then."

Ummm....ok.  His birthday is the 19th, it was the 30th.  5 months and 11 days.  But the main point is, who cares?  I wasn't bragging about him, I didn't say anything about him in fact.  It's like she wanted to point out to me that he wasn't really as great as he seemed.  People are bizarre.  Sure lady, he's almost 6 months.  In fact, he's almost 10 months.  Just 4.5 months away.

LOL..that last line is classic.  People have been telling me DS is 6 months since he was 3 months.  Yeah, so he's a bit chunky.  Get over it.  :)  People also insist he is about to be teething because he drools a lot and likes to suck his hands.  He's been doing that since 8 weeks.  No teeth yet.  People crack me up.  

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • HAHA, I've been told that my baby has been teething since he was 2 weeks old. Uhm, as far as I'm concerned, babies drool. And yes, he sucks on his hands, but he also sucks on everything that he can possible get into his hand. He's been "ready to crawl" since 3.5 months, because he could sit unsupported, and he was "trying to stand" when he was 2 days old because he could hold his head up for about 30 seconds when he was born. Which was pretty amazing, but never has it been recorded in history that a baby was able to stand before his umbilical cord came off.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Oh yes, the teething....my mom swears to me 15 times a day that he's teething because his hands are in his mouth.  Like...all other babies.  And so what if he is teething?  Technically all babies are teething till they are like 2 years old, that's not the reason that he isn't taking a nap/has his hands in his mouth/didn't poop today/whatever else my mom can attribute to teething.  It's like she just says it so much so that she can argue with me about it.
  • LOL to all of these! DH and MIL swear my daughter is in some kind of pain any time she makes a peep- teething, gas (at 5 mos??) etc. it's hilarious...
  • HAHA! Thanks for the belly laugh this evening. I definitely sympathize with you all but I love your senses of humor! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"