January 2013 Moms
Options

Thank God!!

I posted my intro the other day and stated that I had a m/c in April so I wasn't sure how far along I am. So my Dr has been doing betas every 72hrs since BFP to try to date the pg. Fast forward to yesterday afternoon, I called to get my results from Friday's draw. The nurse calls me back and says they dropped (831 to 775)!! My heart sunk :( I couldn't believe what I was hearing. I happen to have an appt for this morning for an u/s so she said to keep that and we would go from there. So of course I hopped online and start googling slight drop in HCG levels. Most of which said m/c but I also found vanishing twin. So I thought maybe a little hope. About 10 minutes later I get a call from the OB nurse again and she said they wanted to do another draw since my draw before Friday's draw was from out of state (was on vacation). They thought maybe there was a lab error or discrepancy. So I run over and do another draw. Since it was 3pm I knew I wouldn't get the results until this morning, so I had to stress and worry for the next 18 hours!

When I gave my name to be checked in this morning at the front desk, one of the nurses was standing there and she said my name. So I said yes, well it was the nurse from the day before and she had just gotten my results from the draw. So she pulled me aside, which of course made me panic. She looked serious so I figured she was going to say they dropped, but she DIDN'T! They went up to 1238. I was SOOO relieved. 

I told my DH, who was with me and of course he says "I told you not to worry!" How do you not worry. We go back for the u/s still praying we see something. And sure enough there's a baby in there! The u/s tech measured me at 5w6d/6w but there was a HEARTBEAT! I couldn't believe it. I started to tear up. Then we got to hear it thumping away.

We aren't out of the woods yet but definitely headed in the right direction. So they aren't really giving me a due date until the next u/s in 3 weeks since it was hard to measure today. My Dr. couldn't believe there was a heartbeat already. But there clearly was one. Off of today's measurements my EDD would be Jan 29. So it looks like I am still a Jan2013 momma! They aren't sure why the discrepancy in my betas between the two labs, but frankly I don't care. I am just relieved to have a little peanut in there!

image image Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Thank God!!

• Options
    That is wonderful news. Stick baby stick!!
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    Amen! You got me teary over here!!!! I AM SO HAPPY FOR YOU! Yayy for a strong heart beat! Congratulations mama!!!!!
    ~Caleb~ If i could have a lifetime wish, a dream that would come true, I'd pray to God with all my heart, for yesterday and you. D&E 8/24/2012 EDD 1/28/2013 ___________________________________________________ Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I read your post and OMG I am so happy for you!!! I was literally sitting here crying as I was reading your post... damn hormones...LOL! I have a history of miscarriage and am currently 7w5d pregnant. I was able to see the baby's heartbeat last Tuesday on the u/s (my mom damn near knocked me off the table watching the TV screen next to me - DH had to work). EDD is January 17, 2013.... so welcome to the Jan2013 Momma's! and congrats again!!! AWESOME news!!!

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers It's a boy!!!
  • Options
    I got the chills reading your story, Kate. I'm so happy for you.

Visit The Nest!image Visit The Nest!

"It is better to light a candle than curse the darkness." - Eleanor Roosevelt

• Options
    Yep...crying over here. Congrats!!!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    That is great.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Thank you everyone! Sorry to make you guys cry :) You ladies are the best! It has been a crazy few weeks and especially 24hrs but I hope that is all in the past. I can't wait to see my peanut again in 3 weeks! 
    image image Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    That's wonderful! Congratulations! :)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

BFP #1 5/12/12; EDD 1/20/13; Eliana Grace born 1/25/13

BFP #2 12/11/13; EDD 8/23/14; M/C 6 weeks

BFP #3 4/3/14; EDD 12/13/14

Pregnancy Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"