Babies on the Brain

Reading "What to Expect..." ??

I am planning to get off of BCP in August and will be actively TTC in October. Would it be getting too ahead of myself to start reading "What to Expect When You're Expecting"? Any thoughts?
Peace, love and light.

Re: Reading "What to Expect..." ??

• I'd read Taking Charge of Your Fertility first. As for pg books, I think people have recommended the mayo clinic book. I guess WTEWYE is a bit alarmist on things that could go wrong.
    imageimage
    7,065/13,000=54.3%
    Started TTC in June 2008. Not bothering any more.

Bonafide thread killah
  • Very outdated and full of misinformation.
  • Loading the player...
  • I second Taking Charge of Your Fertility. It will help you to understand how your body works so you're well informed as you begin your TTC journey. Good luck!
  • I didn't even make it through What To Expect when I was actually pregnant. I'd skip it for now and later. If anything, it's good if you have a sudden question on whether or not something is normal but for the most part it's not interesting and doesn't flow well.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Your Pregnancy Week by Week or the Mayo Clinic Guide to Pregnancy are much better/more digestible reads w/o all the alarmist freaking out and worst-case-scenario-isms.

Six years of infertility and loss, four IUIs, one IVF and one very awesome little boy born via med-free birth 10.24.13.
  • The ABSOLUTE best pregnancy book to read is "The Pregnancy Bible".  It has everything from getting pregnant to being pregnant to caring for your infant.  I STRONGLY recommend reading this book.  I found WTEWYE not very informative or up to date.  I didn't even read all of the book.  I just skimmed it every so often.  I read the Pregnancy bible cover to cover, each time I was pregnant and still am reading it with this third pregnancy. 

THE PREGNANCY BIBLE - GET IT!

Trying to Conceive Ticker Baby Names - BabyNamey.com Name Badge Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • LiLi23LiLi23 member
    imageDebateThis:

Your Pregnancy Week by Week or the Mayo Clinic Guide to Pregnancy are much better/more digestible reads w/o all the alarmist freaking out and worst-case-scenario-isms.

I second both of these. They're so much better than WTE.  

Lilypie - (tyeV)

Lilypie - (AarQ)

• I liked your preganancy week by week and I didn't mind WTE, i just didn't think it was awesome.

I also liked going on babycenter.com each week and reading info there.

A kiss he will never forget- Disney World 2014

Pregnancy Ticker

• imagebiomaj5:
    I'd read Taking Charge of Your Fertility first. As for pg books, I think people have recommended the mayo clinic book. I guess WTEWYE is a bit alarmist on things that could go wrong.

Thus. TCOYF was a huge help in making me more aware of my fertility, which I think made it easier for me to know when I would be likely to conceive. 

BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageMysterious_wife:
    Very outdated and full of misinformation.

This.

Also, it's very "western medicine" focused IMO.

"Fvuck 'em if they can't take a joke." - Bette Midler Boom Shaka Laka Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageTodd&Laura:

imagebiomaj5:
    I'd read Taking Charge of Your Fertility first. As for pg books, I think people have recommended the mayo clinic book. I guess WTEWYE is a bit alarmist on things that could go wrong.

Thus. TCOYF was a huge help in making me more aware of my fertility, which I think made it easier for me to know when I would be likely to conceive. 

Ditto to both of these.  I also liked Babycenter.com's weekly emails about developement when I am expecting.  DH also likes to get the emails so I fwd to him as well.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    'Til He returns, or calls me home,
    Here in the power of Christ I stand.
  • I started with What to expect before you're expecting
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"