1st Trimester

Anyone NOT ready for maternity clothes

Ok, I keep seeing all these posts about how everyone is SO bloated and how their clothes really are not fitting.  I will admit that I have some of my "tight jeans" that are even a little more tight but by all means they still fit.  I am not ready for a bella band nor am I ready for maternity clothes (although both are increadiby comfy).  Am I alone in this?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic 
Paige 8/5/99, Kara 7/22/03 and Benjamin 1/19/13
  Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

10 losses 1996-1998, 2 losses 2001-2002, 3 losses 2010-2012, loss 1/2014

Re: Anyone NOT ready for maternity clothes

• All my clothes still fit just fine too. Im bloated but im not even close for maturnity clothes yet.
  • I'm with you.

BabyFruit Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Nope, I am not even close to getting any maternity clothes.
    Mama of 3 earth babies and 1 beautiful angel baby
  • erbearerbear member
    I wasn't in maternity with #1 until 30 weeks.
    "Hello, babies. Welcome to Earth. It's hot in the summer and cold in the winter. It's round and wet and crowded. At the outside, babies, you've got about a hundred years here. There's only one rule that I know of, babies. God damn it, you've got to be kind." - Kurt Vonnegut
  • WAHHHHHHH! I'm ready for them, but I refuse to buy them:( I am 8 weeks today. 

• imagejennit1801:

WAHHHHHHH! I'm ready for them, but I refuse to buy them:( I am 8 weeks today. 

I'm with you.  I thought I would be able to make it through the summer since this is #1.  I have not wore jeans in a week and half.  I'm on to dresses and stretchy skirts.

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBabyFruit Ticker

PCOS and Hypothyroidism- Successful IUI's- May 2012 and October 2014.  Miscarriage @ 6w3d in December 2009.
  • I'm feeling a bit bloated these days, but not ready for belly bands/maternity clothes yet...I'm a FTM & a bit overweight to start with, so I'm not sure how this affects maternity clothes requirements.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I did not switch to maternity clothes until I was about 20 weeks, that said I did need new bras before that since my tatas grew from a 34 dd to a 36 J
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • imagehsweetman:
    I did not switch to maternity clothes until I was about 20 weeks, that said I did need new bras before that since my tatas grew from a 34 dd to a 36 J

OMG that freaks me out.  I am a 36DD and HATE how big my boobs are....a J really!!!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic 
    Paige 8/5/99, Kara 7/22/03 and Benjamin 1/19/13

10 losses 1996-1998, 2 losses 2001-2002, 3 losses 2010-2012, loss 1/2014
  • I'm a little bloated, but all my clothing still fits fine. I'm nowhere near maternity clothes.
    Lilypie - (KUub)  Lilypie - (x7FR)

Daisypath - (cVUA)   Daisypath - (CnD8)

• My clothes fit fine as well. They are actually still a little loose bc I had lost weight before getting pregnant.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I'm not looking forward to making the jump again, especially since they are the same ones I just wore all last spring/summer. I was so tired of them by the time he was born I just wanted to wear real, non-stretchy clothes again!
  • The past few days, although I can fit into my pants, they are really tight. Today, when I took them off, I had a red, inflamed line on my belly where they were cutting in. So yeah, I put on maternity pants instead. Honestly, a belly band would also be just fine as this point, and I am not in maternity tops, but the pants are so much more comfy than the belly band, so why not?

I think I was in maternity by about...maybe 20 weeks? 25 weeks? with DD.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Me, but I am ready for sweatpants, dresses, pajama jeans (yes...I own them, but they really are awesome). Maternity would fall off of me right now, but my regular pants are not very comfortable.
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm just getting to the point that by the end of the day I'm ready to unbutton my pants or jeans. I enjoy spending the weekends in my yoga and workout pants. 
    BFP#1 2/18/2011, EDD 10/18/2011, natural m/c 2/28/2011 @ 7 weeks
    BFP#2 5/28/2011, EDD 2/1/2012, chemical pg
    BFP#3 10/22/2011, EDD 6/30/2012, natural m/c 11/3/2011 @ 6 weeks
    BFP#4 4/16/2012, EDD 12/24/2012, Beta #1 23 @ 10dpo, Beta #2 68 @ 12dpo, Beta #3 370 @ 16dpo, Saw baby and heartbeat on 5/11/2012.

It's a boy!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I was able to wear my regular low rise jeans the entire pregnancy last time, and didn't need maternity shirts until around 6 mos. This time, I feel like my shirts are already snug :(
    IMG_8165 lb4lyfe2
    Online Photo Editor

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers Ztarrgheighzurr Lylliegh Smith is due in January!
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • imagehmontty:

The past few days, although I can fit into my pants, they are really tight. Today, when I took them off, I had a red, inflamed line on my belly where they were cutting in. So yeah, I put on maternity pants instead. Honestly, a belly band would also be just fine as this point, and I am not in maternity tops, but the pants are so much more comfy than the belly band, so why not?

I think I was in maternity by about...maybe 20 weeks? 25 weeks? with DD.

This!  I can put them on and button them but they are tight and uncomfortable.  I guess I'm more worried about comfort than whether or not I'm wearing a belly band, stretchy stuff, or maternity.

PCOS and Hypothyroidism- Successful IUI's- May 2012 and October 2014.  Miscarriage @ 6w3d in December 2009.
  • Not ready mentally for sure, physically it's getting close but this is #3 in 3 years. I plan to stay out of maternity clothes as long as possible! For me getting comfy = putting on too much extra weight.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imagesaturdaynightdoubletree:
    Not ready mentally for sure, physically it's getting close but this is #3 in 3 years. I plan to stay out of maternity clothes as long as possible! For me getting comfy = putting on too much extra weight.

Wow, do you realize what you just said? 

• I don't have a lot of bloat so my clothes are fitting just fine. I'm a FTM so I know I'm supposed to start showing later so I'm hoping my clothes will be fine for months (maybe I'll just need a bella band in a couple months)
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    BabyFruit Ticker
    image Image and video hosting by TinyPic image
    blog
    Diagnosed hypothyroidism.
  • I'm not ready at all. I thought I'd have at least a little bump considering I've done this before.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagegoofyteacher:

imagesaturdaynightdoubletree:
    Not ready mentally for sure, physically it's getting close but this is #3 in 3 years. I plan to stay out of maternity clothes as long as possible! For me getting comfy = putting on too much extra weight.

Wow, do you realize what you just said? 

I was a little over tired and probably didn't phrase that well... still not totally awake. My point was I don't like maternity clothes and want to stay in my regular clothes as long as I can before the switch. With DD I gained way too much weight and didn't get it all off before getting pg with DS... I'm just trying to be healthier this time and not overindulge in the "eating for 2" mindset.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I didn't get into maternity clothes with my first until 24 weeks. Not in any as of yet, although I know it'll be a lot earlier this time aground. I feel kind of silly wearing maternity jeans with just a bloated belly.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • I agree, definitely not ready for maternity clothes. But, I was on Clomid for 6 months prior to getting pregnant. So, that lovely drug put 10 lbs on me. With the current bloating, I had to break down and buy some summer clothes one size larger than I normally wear. Hopefully, I can wear these for awhile before actually having to think about maternity clothes.
  • ObLaDiObLaDi member
    You're not alone. My clothes fit fine.
  • I wore my tightest jeans Friday and they still fit - granted, after I pigged out on Mexican food I felt like I needed to unbuckle them but that was definitely not the baby!  I know I'll have to get some maternity pants/jeans this fall because none of my pants are baggy enough to grow with me but I think I'll be able to make it through summer.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • imagesaturdaynightdoubletree:

Totally agree with you. :) 

• Since I stay at home, I'm mostly a t-shirt and jeans kind of girl.  It definitely makes it easier to stay in my regular clothes v. maternity.  I've been using a rubberband to hold my jeans closed, but other than that, I'm still wearing all my regular clothes. I will say that some of my scoop neck tees are looking WAY better on me recently :)
    TTC #2 since 2/2010 DX PCOS BFP #1 4/1/08, DD born 12/5/08 BFP #2 2/3/12, m/c 2/14/12 BFP #3 4/27/12 EDD 12/31/12 Hoping for a sticky baby! Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Minus the shed, perfect pic web
  • At this point with my first pregnancy (nearly 13 weeks) I was definitely still in my regular clothes.  I think I started wearing my pants unbuttoned around week 15-18 depending on the fit. 

This time around, I busted out my maternity jeans today.  My body changed so much earlier for the second one.

• I so feel bloated, but i'm not looking forward to the "fat girl" clothes yet! Ha! I know it's coming soon though, but As long as I'm growing then my baby is growing!
  • depends on your beginning size, so if you have a little more room in your belly then give it time. I'm very small and didn't start gaining until week 9, then it HIT me! lol ... also every woman and every pregnancy is different, so don't be too worried, we'll all be whales soon enough ;)
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I have actually lose so much weight due to m/s that i have had to borrow clothes in a smaller size. mostly shorts  because mine where falling off. But i swear to gosh in the last week I can feel my belly pulling on my shirts. so i will be back in my old shorts soon.

Anniversary
  • I'm with you! I'm pretty sure all of my clothes still fit (minus my nice dress pants! lol) and I'm not ready for maternity clothes (though I'd love to go shopping for a new wardrobe!!).

My favorite pair of shorts are a little tight, but that's about it for me right now, and according to the doc I'm already 8 weeks. (going to OB for first appointment next week!)

• I was NOT ready for maternity clothes at all!! Even now at 23 weeks my regular clothes are still fitting! I did break down and buy some maternity clothes and usually wear them to work (i sit all day). I bought the bella band! What a waste of money! Personally, i don't care for it!

By all means, start wearing maternity clothes when you feel more comfortable in them! That's what I do! And I still mix in my regular clothes now and then!

:) 

• I'm 19 weeks and still fit into my skinny AE jeans. I am still using a belt because the waist gets lose throughout the day. I have had to stop wearing my less stretchy tighter jeans. I recently bought and have worn maternity jean shorts. They have a low elastic band and are great! I love them!
  • I am only 6 weeks, I have gone Maternity clothes shopping about 5 times already.  I love maternity clothes, its cute, comfortable, and it tells the world that you are pregnant.

I am somewhat bloated, but it's definately too early to show off my pegnancy.

Cant wait, come on belly grow......  

• I'm 19 weeks today and just started wearing some dress pants that are maternity.  But almost all of my jeans, shirts and dresses still fit!  So I'm going to squeeze into them as long as I can.  I'm petite to begin with, so alot of maternity clothes are just too big for me!  I say wear your regular clothes as long as you can and embrace your new belly bump! 

• I am 27 weeks and still not in maternity clothes. I am 5 '6 and started at 114. At this point I have gained 11 lbs. (my doctor is fine with my weight gain as it has been steady). I have to say though I do not like clothes with denim or buttons as they are irritating to my skin. 
  • I am bloated, but not enough to be wearing maternity clothes yet.  Plus - I haven't announced to the world I am expecting so I HAVE to keep wearing my normal clothes.  I am 8 weeks today and hopefully I can go another 2 weeks without having to worry about maternity clothes.  I am getting bigger faster this time than with my first.
    Victoria -Wife to Daniel, momma to Noah, follower of Christ ? Joyfully expecting a sweetheart in January '13 ?
  • By 9 weeks I was scraping by.  Last week, I bought maternity clothes since there aren't any decent maternity clothes stores on island and I was in Florida.  I have to say - the comfort is AMAZING.  I can still fit into some of my old jeans with a bella band and definitely into my work scrubs but even with the bella band the waistline of my jeans really dug into me.  My midwife told me yesterday I've officially "popped" a little earlier than expected but it's legitimately a belly now.  I am definitely showing - and am soo glad I went ahead and got some great maternity stuff :D.  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"