1st Trimester

Am I the only one...

who can't focus on anything but baby? I'm only 5w2d but I feel like it's the only thing on my mind! Every day I wake up and check all my pregnancy apps for some new news but it's (of course) always the same assuming I'm in the same week. I know it's absolutely crazy but maybe not since it's my first pregnancy. I'm just dying to get to my first appointment so I can have something new to obsess about. Plus, I'm a teacher so I really should be focusing on the fact that I have 6 days of school left, but magically that doesn't even matter anymore! Amazing how your focus changes when there's a LO on the way!!! 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Am I the only one...

• You aren't the only one. I'm having my second and am also a teacher, but I think about this almost all day.
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Whew, thank goodness. I'm trying not to obsess because I know it's early but it's sooooo hard! 

Congrats to you and enjoy your SUMMER!!!!  

• Loading the player...
  • Trust that you are not the only one Stacie! Now that I've received two positive tests all I do at work is look for maternity clothes and what I want to add to our baby registry. I think its all natural...You're having a baby! It's kind of like planning your wedding but a zillion times better. My husband upgraded his accidental/supplemental insurance as soon as the offices reopened on Tuesday and I already know what I want the nursery to look like. 

It's all very normal and quite fun! Enjoy this time and Congrats! 

• imageMrsStacieH:

Whew, thank goodness. I'm trying not to obsess because I know it's early but it's sooooo hard! 

Congrats to you and enjoy your SUMMER!!!!  

Thank you! Same to you...not much longer:) 

BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Same here.  This is our first and we have been TTC for 4 months (which I know isn't long, but when you want something so bad...it seems like it takes forever!)  I check the Bump EVERY day and MULTIPLE times a day.  I think part of it is that we haven't told anyone yet and this is my outlet too :)
    BabyFetus Ticker image image Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Same here - i am a useless employee right now.  I hope it gets better soon.
    BabyFruit Ticker It's a Girl!
  • imagecheeseheadmomma:
    Same here.  This is our first and we have been TTC for 4 months (which I know isn't long, but when you want something so bad...it seems like it takes forever!)  I check the Bump EVERY day and MULTIPLE times a day.  I think part of it is that we haven't told anyone yet and this is my outlet too :)

We were TTC for 5 months and I know what you mean. Not a long time but it felt like FOREVER!!!  

• The days do seem to go by really slowly lately!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    BabyFruit Ticker
    image Image and video hosting by TinyPic image
    blog
    Diagnosed hypothyroidism.
  • I can't focus on anything else either... and I am forgetting to do other things... like I forgot about my dog's vet appointment :(  Mostly I am just eager for our 12 week appointment... just want to hear a heart beat :)  I am only 5 wks and 2 days as well!  
  • Trust me, you're not the only one! Only recently have I been able to get my mind off it for extended periods of time.
    Lilypie - (KUub)  Lilypie - (x7FR)

Daisypath - (cVUA)   Daisypath - (CnD8)

• 100% the same way! I think about it all day long too and I am a teacher as well (but i have 11 more days of school-boo). For 4 weeks (which is when i called to make my appointment) I have been just focusing on getting to June 6th which is the day of my first appointment. Once I get through that maybe I'll be able to set my mind at ease and get what i need to done at school:-)
    IAmPregnant Ticker
  • KCLizKCLiz member

Me too! And the worst thing about it is that we've only told my sister and BFF. Thank goodness I did otherwise I'd be going crazy and DH wouldn't understand all the hype! I mean, he's happy but men are just not as obsessive. And it's been 5 1/2 years since I've had a baby so everything is all new to me again!

Looking forward to growing and obsessing with all of you! 

Kacie, Mommy to Owen Gregory 11/14/06 Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"